Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Tell us about yourself and how you found us.

Go down 
+38
truthseeker58
chris
Jaime
indigogirl
kimcreative
satya
OnyxWolf
deb
tomblues
the hermit
twinks
joymaria
Sparrow
Lynn
Comet
Mother Goose
Mikkel
pluralone
aneaglesangel
Goldenserenity
L'angel
AngelTony
human species
indigomoon75
balen13
FlyingSpirit
zach
Silverla
Violetstar
lillie
rbela
mariusinlight
Libertas
Cauldron
mia
millefeori
spiritlight
Helen
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Where did you find Our Spiritual Home
By accident
Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_lcap9%Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 7 ]
Through a friend
Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 20 ]
Through a promotion website
Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
Googled for a spiritual forum
Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
From a banner or signature link
Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_lcap22%Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 17 ]
Somewhere else (please state)
Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_lcap27%Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 79

AuthorMessage
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

Your Country : United States

Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Jul 2010 - 14:56

Ohh I'm liking this forum already! Finding that some folks here are my age; reading posts that make me laugh out loud, and pleased to see such respectful exchanges between the members here.

I joined another forum years ago, shortly after it first began, and was quite dismayed when I found out the founders are closing the site in a few weeks. My dismay didn't last very long -- Helen sent me a PM (at the other forum) and invited me to check out OSH....

All I can say at this point is wow... and express my gratitude once again. Thank you for the invitation, Helen! Excellent timing, too -- I had no interest in other forums until just a few days before I received your message.

Just one more turn of the great rock tumbler that has been my life these past ten years or so. hee

Oh and by the way -- I enjoy head-banger music, too! My tastes in music are rather eclectic.
-plur
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Jul 2010 - 16:26

Hiya Plur

I am so glad you took the time to check us out!!

We have amazing members here who will make you very welcome that I know, I am so glad I sent you that message Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 210306 welcome home lady!!
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Jul 2010 - 16:40

It's great to have you here Pluralone and I'm pleased to see how well you are settling in Smile
Back to top Go down
AngelTony
Master
Master
AngelTony

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Jul 2010 - 16:43

Hi Plur, welcome to OSH!
Back to top Go down
Mikkel
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Jul 2010 - 22:34

I'm known as Mikkel, as I was named this at a 'Naming Service' a few years ago now.

Many years ago, I had No belief in the World of Spiritualism whatsoever and at the time, I honestly felt the now Late Doris Stokes was making it all up, until that is, I was invited* to ajudicate at an Election in my then local Spiritualist Church, of which I later became a member of, having received Evidence from a Medium on the same night.
* The Then President, I thought was a Good mate asked me as a Non-Member of the Church, then later did the dirty on me.

Having Never met the Medium before, and with the Evidence he gave me, I was then Convinced and been going ever since to various churches. I have been Vice-President, Secretary, and even Run one group with my Partner after we were asked to save it from closure. Sadly, my Partner became very ill last year and so gave up her position and another bunch took over, claiming I too had given it up, but without even bothering to ask if I had, so I did. Now they are struggling to get people through their doors.

Until last year, I returned to the first Church seeing as they needed help and my now Ex-mate had resigned. That was until one night, another committee member Physically assaulted ME, then laid claim to the Police, I had hit Him cutting his eyebrow in doing so, with not ONE mark on him. I also had 2 Independant witnesses who dragged him off of me. Because they allowed him to stay On the committee, I resigned and now go elsewhere, as and where I want.

Sorry if I bored you.
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Jul 2010 - 22:35

It's great to meet you Mikkel Smile
Back to top Go down
balen13
Lightworker
Lightworker
balen13

Your Country : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 0:03

Wow Mikkel, sounds like you've been through some strife. I've seen quite a bit of this sort of stuff in various pagan groups I've been a part of, and it still surprises me when it goes on.
Back to top Go down
AngelTony
Master
Master
AngelTony

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Jul 2010 - 2:50

Hi Mikkel. welcome here tho. Good peeps and its wonderful as well.
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 2:12

hi... found my way here through a link in a siggy on a board that's getting ready to close. Smile

Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 483822
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 2:21

Hello and welcome - that link is mine lol, so glad you clicked!

Pluralone, has also joined us recently - please enjoy xxxx
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 3:52

Lol.. well, I didn't use the user ID from the other board, figuring that you weren't using the same one here. Smile And I guess I was right to follow my instincts on that... nice confirmation.

I saw that plur had joined as well... that pretty much helped me decide to join. She's a great one to have around come party time Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 320343 ... but of course other things as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
AngelTony
Master
Master
AngelTony

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 4:13

Wow great to see you here MG, the 5 word game was fun, for the little I did see of you!
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 5:56

AngelTony! Very Happy Well, I have a bad habit of disappearing. Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Icon_redface I've been there for nearly 4 yrs now and I am only there off and on, too much has changed there for it to feel quite right anymore, but I go back from time to time and play. Smile I'm very pleasantly surprised to see you here! Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 78824
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 15:56

Mother Goose!!! *chuckle* I just wrote you a PM at the other site -- guess there was no need for me to give you the url for OSH! hee

So glad to see you here! I hope you like this forum as much as I do!
plur
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 17:21

hehehe.. and I just emailed you to let you know I'd joined. Wink
Back to top Go down
AngelTony
Master
Master
AngelTony

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 18:01

Mother Goose wrote:
AngelTony! Very Happy Well, I have a bad habit of disappearing. Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Icon_redface I've been there for nearly 4 yrs now and I am only there off and on, too much has changed there for it to feel quite right anymore, but I go back from time to time and play. Smile I'm very pleasantly surprised to see you here! Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 78824

I Got kicked out 3 days after I started SF, so I searched more sites with "Spirituality" in google and found another site. Then Helen said, c'mon over and I saw these beautiful stars in OSH and such nice peeps!!

I still go back to SF to update my Angel cards daily, but I find it very "unhome" like. Kind of like a good fast food restaurant. Tastes OK, but the line is just too long.

"Why did I get kicked out" Well, I went to work one day and started a new name becuase I did not like the old one I had made there 2 days before. I am not an email or facebook person, so I did not know that was wrong. arrgg. I was told BOTH names were banned without any warning and was dropped and the links were dead! That was understandable, Im sure they were correct in doing that. The only problem is that I wrote dozens of emails to admin and others and got no response for a week. Finally someone let me back on! Well I guess I learned that one the hard way. Now I know how Jesus felt carrying his burden. I am just glad that they did not have nails and hammers.

The other bad thing about SF, is that if you write a big post (like this one) and save, you get logged off after a few mins, and when you try to restart, everything is GONE! Oh well, the price for size I guess.
I found out later that the fellow that started it passed on, so I am sure it was alot for people to keep it going without him. Seems that OSH does make you feel like it is a home so you treat it as such. A Spiritual Home.

Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 266530 Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 43613 Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 702124

Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 329634-Tony
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 18:21

Well, I was a mod on SF for a brief period a couple of years ago, but there's much about how it's run that I've disagreed with over the years. I've gone to bat for a number of people who were banned for what i thought were ridiculous reasons, but I've stopped doing that. I only go back when the urge strikes me and i don't post anywhere near like I did when I first joined (back when it only had 1000 members.) I seem to prefer smaller boards these days.
Back to top Go down
Goldenserenity
Seeker
Seeker
Goldenserenity

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 19:14

Hello Mother Goose...welcome!!

Are you the Mother Goose I know from elsewhere? Not many people have this screen name of Mother Goose. :-)
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 19:39

1000 members!! *gulp*
I could never go there.
Its scary for me when I see 5 online here!
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 20:57

Yes... Goldenserenity.. you know me all too well. Very Happy

mia... SF now has over 14000 members, maybe even 15000 now...it's grown astronomically over the last 4 yrs. I have a few friends who are still there, but most of us have wandered to other places.
Back to top Go down
Goldenserenity
Seeker
Seeker
Goldenserenity

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 21:17

Mother Goose wrote:
Yes... Goldenserenity.. you know me all too well. Very Happy

Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Lol Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 286757 Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Icon_biggrin I will always remember you! Glad you found us!!
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 22:53

I love seeing friends meet up again Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 783323
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptySun 4 Jul 2010 - 23:03

yep me too - its like its meant to be!! Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 266530
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jul 2010 - 0:39

lol.. yeah... well, Goldenserenity and I can't seem to stay away from each other. Very Happy We just keep meeting up somewhere if we stay out of contact for too long. Smile
Back to top Go down
Goldenserenity
Seeker
Seeker
Goldenserenity

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Jul 2010 - 1:03

Yes, and it's been way too long Mother Goose!! Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 890211
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell us about yourself and how you found us.   Tell us about yourself and how you found us. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell us about yourself and how you found us.
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next