Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Your beliefs on a Higher Power?

Go down 
+11
pluralone
chris
deb
norseman
pinejoss
Lynn
Lady Valkyrie
truthseeker58
indigogirl
laura ann
L'angel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

Your Country : United States

Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:54

Chris what do you mean by "When Satan comes knocking on your door, ask Jesus to answer it"
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:56

I've had Jehovah's Witnesses at my door on more than one occasion, but never Satan... In either case, I'd just point at my "no soliciting" sign without even opening the door.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 2:01

Hello

I have seen and worked in the darkest of energies there are both on the living and non living planes. Like I view God as a word so I view Satan as the same. A title given so that we can understand and it if fit us embrace in the deeper meaings.

I have come to answer the door now.....and take the literature offered to me saying that I am with all faiths but I follow in no single faith. I have noted now that both groups go past me door now and bless the home I live in. I guess I sturck a cord with them. The magazine is lovingly placed in the door and no bell be run.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Kapitan_Prien
Enlightened
Enlightened
Kapitan_Prien

Your Country : none

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 16:47

I'm sort of like you Lynn - to me 'Satan' is more of an 'archetype' than anything else - not some actual 'being'. I also have immense difficulty in seeing 'black and white' - this doesn't mean I condone any wrongdoings or anything...

...because it seems like, when I tell people that, they think I am ok with wrongdoing...like I have no moral guide or anything - which is patently untrue.

I just choose not to 'fight the shadow self' anymore by repressing and denying that 'darkness within'...that really screwed me up.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 17:07

Hello Prien

That is just it not seeing things as so cut and dried. We are so taught that things are black and white. We can let one's have a stronger opinion and see the darker sides of man and understand at times those paths. NO I do not condone socieity wrong doings but too I do not go around judging one's that have done them, that is for a higer power than even Man I feel at times.

I have been having that battle today, I do not condone saying things about another but I so feel WE have the freedom of speach to have a strong thought on them. We are not going to LOVe everyone we come into contact with, yet we are so taught to do so. There is Ying and Yang for a reason and we simply find a blance in them middle I feel.

I have understandings for one's that NO ONE might well call friend but I take them on and into me World as eveyone needs someoene to talk to and to have an understanding with.

I have choose too not to fight with the darker side of man and of me....as its a part of whom we are. In reading that book that so called out to me in the bookstore I am finding that to say " I was bad" at one time is a false statement. I never did HARM to anyone on a level that one would call evil. I was never an evil person, I was on a life path is all to become whom I am now. To do the work I do that NO ONE really wants to do unless the rewards are great and financial.

I was never a member of a cult or gang yet I knew of one's that were. I simply listened to their troubles is al and tried to be LIGHT for them on some level. I embrace that darker nature of what I can do, but I do not choose to open the door to it is all. Its there for a reason, as we all need at times our protections.

I am very much a live and let live person with freedom of speach being at the top of the list. At times there is too much false face put forth to what is said. There is no harm in saying I do not agree, or I find someone that is in the spot light "OFF" as its an opinion.

Lacking in a bit of the "Free Spirit" today is all. Feeling the GAG tighten some....and not liking that one.

Vent done LOL thanks for opening that door WOW I feel lighter.

Off to be ME again.....stand up for the LITTLE GUY !

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Kapitan_Prien
Enlightened
Enlightened
Kapitan_Prien

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 17:51

Lynn wrote:
Hello Prien

That is just it not seeing things as so cut and dried. We are so taught that things are black and white. We can let one's have a stronger opinion and see the darker sides of man and understand at times those paths. NO I do not condone socieity wrong doings but too I do not go around judging one's that have done them, that is for a higer power than even Man I feel at times.

I agree - I tend to think there's just some things that are too far 'outside' of our scope - that, though we might try to see the 'bigger picture' we are unable to - being 'finite' in mind in a sense. I do not know what is out there myself - so I cannot say.

I have been having that battle today, I do not condone saying things about another but I so feel WE have the freedom of speach to have a strong thought on them. We are not going to LOVe everyone we come into contact with, yet we are so taught to do so. There is Ying and Yang for a reason and we simply find a blance in them middle I feel.

Well I think this is where the 'uber-passivity' of much of new age spirituality comes into play - we're taught about unconditional love over and over ...but we can't 'love unconditionally' as humans - and the trick, I feel, is to accept that - to accept that part of us...not try to kill it off (you know - kill the ego Wink ). So I agree with the whole thing of balance as well.

I have understandings for one's that NO ONE might well call friend but I take them on and into me World as eveyone needs someoene to talk to and to have an understanding with.

I have choose too not to fight with the darker side of man and of me....as its a part of whom we are. In reading that book that so called out to me in the bookstore I am finding that to say " I was bad" at one time is a false statement. I never did HARM to anyone on a level that one would call evil. I was never an evil person, I was on a life path is all to become whom I am now. To do the work I do that NO ONE really wants to do unless the rewards are great and financial.

I was never a member of a cult or gang yet I knew of one's that were. I simply listened to their troubles is al and tried to be LIGHT for them on some level. I embrace that darker nature of what I can do, but I do not choose to open the door to it is all. Its there for a reason, as we all need at times our protections.

I understand what you mean and I agree. Smile

I am very much a live and let live person with freedom of speach being at the top of the list. At times there is too much false face put forth to what is said. There is no harm in saying I do not agree, or I find someone that is in the spot light "OFF" as its an opinion.

I was just thinking of this myself earlier today. I joined a network for starseeds and walk-ins and thought about so many believing in Karma and that because I don't - I'm shunned or ostracized or find myself alienated...and I thought that, 'What do these people want? Would they prefer that I lie to them and pretend that I do believe in it? Or would they rather me just be honest with them (and myself in the process)?' I would rather be fair with myself and others by being honest and say that I don't believe in it.

Lacking in a bit of the "Free Spirit" today is all. Feeling the GAG tighten some....and not liking that one.

Vent done LOL thanks for opening that door WOW I feel lighter.

Cool Wink

Off to be ME again.....stand up for the LITTLE GUY !

Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 648610

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Fri 1 Jul 2011 - 18:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change Colour of REPLY to make it easier to read and SEE as it's important !)
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 21:10

It's so true -- in certain venues, with certain people, it's often very difficult to assert one's own beliefs and understanding when they don't match the overall beliefs and understanding of the majority. Like you, Prien, I have my own thoughts about Karma, but rarely share them with others because, you're right, it's an easy way to find myself on the lower end of a stare down the nose.

But then, my beliefs and understanding of unconditional love tend to garner me those same stares....
Back to top Go down
Kapitan_Prien
Enlightened
Enlightened
Kapitan_Prien

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 21:40

^ and I think that's the ultimate irony right there Plur. These same people who go off acting like that and then turn around and talk about such things as healing and the like.

Time to take a good look in the mirror is what I'd say to them.

(and I know what you mean re/ with the whole unconditional love thing as well)
Back to top Go down
simonk
Spiritual
Spiritual
simonk

PostSubject: Being   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Aug 2011 - 18:01

My advice would be to stop struggling. Take stock of what you know. What does your experience tells you. I have been asked by many; How do you define God? I don't. The human perception appears limited enough without shrinking it any further or cutting off the greater dimensions of our perception. To me it comes down to how you relate to God and how you communicate or interact with the One Consciousness, the One Body, One Mind, One Spirit through our innate capacity to communicate with all the stuff of the universe.

I have said to people that God will reach you where you can reach God. How you experience this communication is again as unique as every individual. I have found that connection to be the clearest when I am in nature and being mindful of my spirit essence. I am a bush guy, nature nut, Celtic country boy. The latter cycle of my soul journey was spent in general solitude in the deep woods of Northern Ontario Canada. My experience has always been close to nature and wilderness. I find it interesting that many Masters sought communion in nature. Jesus was often walking into the wilderness for a meeting.

My wife and many family are meeting God differently than I do. They call God, poppa. he is the Father. If God is the Father; then to me, Nature is my Mother.

If it helps any; it's your experience. To this I often offer to people to consider their beliefs and decide whether the belief they cling to is their own and of their own experience or the best explanation or idea they can accept that is expressed by someone else.

Thanks for the inspiration to share.

Sim

"Don't let other peoples limitations become your highest expectations."

L'angel wrote:
What are your beliefs on a higher power? No matter what you call it...God, Allah, Higher Power, Lord, etc....
I have struggled with this (not the name)...the concept. I know there is something, I just am not too sure how I feel about it??
I understand and believe in Jesus, Buddha, etc. as ascended masters ((or whatever word you may use for them)) but what about the BIG ONE??? The creator??? The master of all masters? The head being in charge? Or is there one????
Just curious to see what others feel??????
Love, Light, and Peace to you all
Back to top Go down
OntarioMedium
Spiritual
Spiritual
OntarioMedium

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Feb 2012 - 13:50

I believe that the so called Higher Power is Mother and Father God. I grew up a Christian and never believed in the vengeful God theory. As I learned to communicate with my spirit guides and angels I was taught more about the Mother and Father God. Then I got into the "teachings" of Sylvia Browne and even ran a study group through her church Novus Spiritus. They teach about Om (Father) and Azna (Mother) but I found that when I ended the study group and no longer read anything she wrote and got to know Mother and Father God better that I no longer saw them as OM and Azna just Mother and Father God. To me it felt very disrespectful to call them by a certain name just I would not go around calling my parents by their first names.

I believe that the Universe is a powerful thing and God (mother and father) made it and trusted us with it. They give us a lot of the tools to take care of it and it is up to us to learn from it and use those tools.
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Feb 2012 - 16:10

I think this question will go on forever and people will have different answers based on what their perceptions are. Once while working out with a friend who is very christian we were talking about why Jesus died on the cross for us. I told her I never understood how a parent " GOD" could allow his son to suffer and die for someone else. I was not in a good place with christianity at that time. Later in the middle of our extreme work out. I heard someone outside of my body but not my friend say " He did it because he loves you" I've heard this voice before and it always spoke to protect me and help me. Now I wonder who that was? is it the lord? my higher self? I have no idea. but it's made me wonder if God as chrisitians believe it really does have merit. I just dont know why the voice would pipe up and correct me if what we were talking about wasn't real. Anythoughts?
Back to top Go down
kimcreative
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 3:04

Hi Indy, you have shared this story with me before. When we think of Jesus as "God's son" we often think Jesus as a seperate person when in acutally (from what Ive come to read and know) I believe Jesus was God were one in the same, God himself/herself/source made manifest in Man (as we all are) and the purpose of God coming down in the form of Jesus was to teach us how to love, show us how to connect to our own divinity. In doing this, he knew the sacrafice he would have to make, that he would be cast out in such a time of fear. I feel maybe his death on the cross had to happen, following with a resurection had to happen to demonstrate Gods unconditioanl love for us, and how darkness has no power over light and that there is life after death. Not sure I have explained it well but thats kinda how I feel a this time.

But I also think its important for you to continue to search for clarity and answers on this. Maybe start with just meditating on "what was loving about this act of sacraficing his son or of Jesus dieing for us?" and see if answers come in time.
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 3:34

Yeah I get that. my question is more about is christanity the only way? is that why the voice spoke to me then? or did the voice just answer a question I had in my head at the time of why? thats my big question.
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2012 - 14:24

I do not believe there is a mother god father god deity out there.
I beleive there is one God..and this God has a androgenous countenance as we all do. It has a male and a female aspects of the self.
So the mother god thing to me personally would simply be the female self...never did agree on the Sylvia Brown translation of that aspect of things.
I actually beleive there are many GODS..not just one. I beleive in one main /major/greatest GOD..then I beleive their are lesser Gods..a God for each realm, universe etc. I woudl never accept that our unvierse is the only universe in the vast head room called space.
I also beleive we are all tiny sparks of the God energy manifested into bodies that are individualized by our brains thoughts and enrgies. So I am in agreement that Jesus was/is God but just like us ...a spark of him..manifested within a human vessell with a opened set of all chakras and purpose for being here more then just to expereince life and to work to open all our ancient chakras and to find the truths. This eleveate the God/Jesus spark way above say the God/Laura spark.
Ihave to learn it and find it and understand it and etc...where as he /Jesus came in with the knowledge we all seek already opened and available.
Actually have stopped trying to figure it all out as it becomes overwhelming and truly not what is important for us to learn.I beleive it is more important for us to help each other then it is to know who God/Jesus is and or was as the actual truth is probably so complex our minds could never understand it anyway. So I then began to get more focused in the NOW aspects of existance...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your beliefs on a Higher Power?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2