Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? Empty
PostSubject: Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?   Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? EmptySun 11 Jul 2010 - 20:41

What do you think, there are many words describing this, but what is it and do all the words mean the same thing?

I got thinking on this after the does our soul enter before or after birth thread...

So I am thinking our soul is with us at or very soon after conception - how about if our higher self/inner spirit enters after birth?

over to you...
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?   Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? EmptySun 11 Jul 2010 - 20:47

My answer is from my inner thoughts, not knowledge.
I believe we are all perfect at conception, nothing else to be added, just the need to grow and embellish what we already have.
Back to top Go down
Akyana
Spiritual
Spiritual
Akyana

Your Country : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?   Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? EmptySun 11 Jul 2010 - 23:33

Helen wrote:
What do you think, there are many words describing this, but what is it and do all the words mean the same thing?
I guess it depends on who is using them.
People describe those terms in very various ways...

Quote :
So I am thinking our soul is with us at or very soon after conception - how about if our higher self/inner spirit enters after birth?
Here I fully agree with Mia.

Things are kinda bad though.
Baby is connected with its Soul, Higher self...
And slowly the adults disconnect it.
Like mum, dad and others.
Back to top Go down
balen13
Lightworker
Lightworker
balen13

Your Country : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?   Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010 - 3:41

In my understanding the Soul contains both the seed for the present day personality (the self in this life), and the progressive self (which contains all the lives you have lived peviously.

The Higher self is your self, outside of "Time" so represents both the true self and yourself in and after all lifetimes past, present, or future.

It is generally this self that choses the experiences, needed in the next lifetime.

Inner Spirit would depend how its used, although I would say that it would be the inner essence (or energy) described in TCM, that is inherited from our parents.

Consider the fool card:

Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? 0
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?   Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010 - 4:15

To me “Inner Spirit’ defines more one’s journey as one looks inwards . Going inside to find deeper meanings of truth ( for lack of a better word), finding one’s steps to Enlightenment.

To me it’s the inner connection we have to self. It is a place more one goes to find one’s step it is in part intuition or that inner voice we all have. It is the path that opens one to the power’s one has with them.
It is in part clearing the channels ( some do this via Charkas) others might use prayer of affirmations. It is that path to fine inner peace and balance.

To me its seeing that Lighthouse on the shore that steers one’s boat clear from the rocks that would do one great harm.
When I think on “Higher Self” I go more to a collective consciousness and unconsciousness. It is again a journey but more one I feel one does not so take alone. It is finding in that meaning of why we might well be here. It is finding that worth one has to offer things to the World on lives.

It is a different level of consciousness or vibration plane that one goes to. Astral in nature at time to learn and move the Soul forward on its path. This is a meeting of them minds so to speak where one meets up with other’s on the same vibration level .
Higher self is free form the brain and the physical body it is “mind” and to me mind is Soul.

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn on Mon 12 Jul 2010 - 4:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing form Paste)
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?   Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010 - 17:24

Thank you for your replies, its seems we all have similar but different views, and that is great!

feel free to add/expand - really interesting xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?   Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same? Empty

Back to top Go down

Soul - Inner spirit - higher self - all the same?
Page 1 of 1