Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Your beliefs on a Higher Power?

Go down 
+11
pluralone
chris
deb
norseman
pinejoss
Lynn
Lady Valkyrie
truthseeker58
indigogirl
laura ann
L'angel
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

Your beliefs on a Higher Power? Empty
PostSubject: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011 - 0:40

What are your beliefs on a higher power? No matter what you call it...God, Allah, Higher Power, Lord, etc....
I have struggled with this (not the name)...the concept. I know there is something, I just am not too sure how I feel about it??
I understand and believe in Jesus, Buddha, etc. as ascended masters ((or whatever word you may use for them)) but what about the BIG ONE??? The creator??? The master of all masters? The head being in charge? Or is there one????
Just curious to see what others feel??????
Love, Light, and Peace to you all
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011 - 14:22

I believe it to be so complex in actuality it is beyond our scope of understanding.

I do personally hold as my truth each unvierse has it's own God.

I believe Jesus/Buddha etc are CHRISTED high level MASTER energies.

I believe above these gods are a collective energy of beings who are creator gods.

and above them is THE CREATOR

I then have to boggle my mind with how many universes which have all the above....then it becomes too much to ponder

so I choose to just live in my little cocoon of now, jesus, and God. ..my .mind just needs to simplify it all to a condensed area and put a beautiful purple bow on it .
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011 - 22:22

I kinda feel the same way, it is sooooooo mind boggling...and that is why I asked for other thoughts. I struggle with it daily, but I may use your technique and just simplify!
Thanks LA
Blessings to you,
L'angel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyWed 23 Feb 2011 - 18:24

I really have difficulty in believing in a 'higher' power. I can easily believe in 'a' power - a power that I am a part of and that is a part of me. We are inseparable. But a 'higher' power, no.
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyThu 24 Feb 2011 - 16:49

Growing up catholic your trained to believe in one God, where three reside. God himself, Jesus and the Holy spirit. As I believe in all of these I do not believe that that's all their is. I too feel that Jesus and Buddha are masters, and that there is something else but I don't really know what that is..... Ive tried to step back and allow the information to come to me as I grow however sometimes the child in me rears and says " if you don't stick to what you learned you will pay dearly" In my adult rational mind I keep going back to the same thing. There is some force that is bigger then us, Call it universal energy, God or higher vibrational beings something out there is pushing us towards it's message of love, light and compassion because it knows we can grow from learning and living it.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011 - 12:03

Thanks IG!!! Well said...
Back to top Go down
truthseeker58
Believer
Believer
truthseeker58

PostSubject: Belief in Higher Power   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptySun 27 Mar 2011 - 6:48

L'angel wrote:
What are your beliefs on a higher power? No matter what you call it...God, Allah, Higher Power, Lord, etc....
I have struggled with this (not the name)...the concept. I know there is something, I just am not too sure how I feel about it??
I understand and believe in Jesus, Buddha, etc. as ascended masters ((or whatever word you may use for them)) but what about the BIG ONE??? The creator??? The master of all masters? The head being in charge? Or is there one????
Just curious to see what others feel??????
Love, Light, and Peace to you all

L'angel,

thank you for an inspiring topic. my higher power is God the Almighty, Creator of the Universe Spirit Light and Father. He is my Alpha and Omega, "I Am". my spiritual connection began when my sister was murdered and raped in 1982. in unbeleivable pain and soul sickness, i reached out and He was there. this was my first Spiritual Awakening. my second occurred when i fell to my knees in such spiritual agony over the pain of alcoholism. looking to the heavens with tears i asked for the compulsion to drink be removed. within minutes -- honestly -- the it was gone. of course the work had just begun. gratitude filled every fiber of my being. i felt alive for the first time in many years.

i also am a follower of Jesus and believe in His Earthly Path. i have learned from Him how to be a human being. His loving presence in my life guided me to Awareness of His Earthly Path - Truth. that's it. it was then i was gifted with Truth Awareness and opened my heart and soul to those He guided to me.

hope that was not too much.

grateful,
truthseeker58
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyMon 28 Mar 2011 - 1:00

Not too much at all! What trials you have been through!!! I am so glad that you have found all of this! Blessings and Peace to your dear soul...
Love and Light
Back to top Go down
Lady Valkyrie
Mage
Mage
Lady Valkyrie

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyFri 1 Apr 2011 - 12:27

I prefer the term Source or Universe to God. I believe that God is in all things and that we are all part of God.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptySun 3 Apr 2011 - 23:12

Thank you for your replies...how interesting that they can all tie together in some way! Your beliefs on a Higher Power? 88116
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyMon 4 Apr 2011 - 1:11

Hello

Grew up with that being God. Anglacan backgroud. As a teen that higher power turned to the darker side of the Devil ( Luicifer, Satan ) what ever one wishes to call them.

There is a higer power in both the Light and the Dark side of things.

Now what is the " Higher Power " SELF really. We are all that connection to a Higher Power, be that God, or Universal Light ( as I see it ) Devine Being ext. Its all really the same its LIGHT and it's energy and if it kept in the possitives framses of being then its WHITE in nature.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyMon 4 Apr 2011 - 2:44

I so believe we are all part of the Higher Power and it is part of us....
Thank you Lynn
Back to top Go down
pinejoss
Spiritual
Spiritual
pinejoss

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyMon 4 Apr 2011 - 6:59

Being Gnostic I believe in not only Father God (Om) but Mother God (Azna) also.Father God instilled in us our common sense and abilities to deal with the day to day problems that we face. Mother God whom us women were created in her likeness gave us all the compassion, love and caring qualities that we have. Between them both we have an army of angles,thrones,principalities,the council who help us through our life along with our spirit guide and totem spirit that is always by our side.
Over the years I have learned that when I reach out to everyone on the other side and send my thought out to them in the Universe they always know my needs even before I know what they are. I have been able to ask my spirit guide to go to the council. Have them adjust my life chart that I wrote before I came to this life to help me in what ever problem I might be dealing with at any given time. Now that doesn't mean that the outcome is always what I want or need at that time but that also doesn't mean that they are not doing anything to help.Its just that I need to accept the decisions that they have come to where my life is going at that point.
Mother and Father God created the universe and all that is in it. Once we cross over and go home we are absorbed back into their loving mass.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyMon 4 Apr 2011 - 17:34

Hello pinejoss

I can embrace what one has said. I like balance in life so the idea of a Mother and Father is an easy concept to accept.

When we pass and go into the Light I feel we become better connected to what I call "source" or "home" . While we are in the body we are here to play and explore all the pleasures and sufferings at times that brings forward. We too in that body are conntect to the Earth and to the higer consciouness as we are never alone.

Whom created the Universe I wonder on. I can embrace many an idea on that one, part even being science. I do know it is vast and it is all ONE and it is all here. Do I need to see it as more than Universal Light, I wonder.

More content to learn and accept fully how other's feel about things. Gone in me is a lot of the "WHY" I used to seek now its more a path of balance and acceptance that we are all man. We all have things to offer. Words to be heard, and growth to be found.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyWed 6 Apr 2011 - 11:45

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
norseman
Spiritual
Spiritual
norseman

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyFri 8 Apr 2011 - 18:32

The only higher power that I respond to is Mother Earth and we are all a small part of Her. There are individuals who qualify as Teachers of Man - Christ, Buddha, Taoist Masters and the like. I would also include Kahlil Gibran. Gibran's work is more inspiring than a dozen bibles to me. "The Prophet" is where I look when seeking wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyFri 8 Apr 2011 - 21:43

Hello

Yes The Prophet by Kahlik Gibran, a book I have had with me for many a Moon's passing.

"Now when he reached the foot of the hill, he turned again towards the sea, and he saw his shop approaching the harbour, and upon her prow the mariners, the men of his own land."

" And you, vast sea, sleepless mother, who alone are peace and freedom to the river and the stream...."

Lynn
Back to top Go down
norseman
Spiritual
Spiritual
norseman

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptySat 9 Apr 2011 - 8:48

"The Prophet" - something different every time I open it. Been through six copies so far over the last 25 years !
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptySat 9 Apr 2011 - 15:19

norseman wrote:
"The Prophet" - something different every time I open it. Been through six copies so far over the last 25 years !

Hello

Yes I have had a copy since I was 13 . Packed away for many a year at times . Not new either when I got it. Battered and beaten but still a book I have found a path back to.

"Let the waves of the sea separate us now, and the years you have spent in our midst become a memory."

That is the place I opened the book to. Funny what be said there as an "ocean" is what separates me from some good friends I have in the living on line. The internet makes the World a much smaller place, in any given day I can wonder many a time zone.

That is what it be like for Spirit free to wonder anywhere one chooses. At times to interact with other's on the physical plane.

Its quiet this AM as no "Rodents" ( me kids ) are yet up.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011 - 14:49

The Prophet!!! One of the all-time greats!!!! Your beliefs on a Higher Power? 210306
Back to top Go down
truthseeker58
Believer
Believer
truthseeker58

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 15:34

Lynn wrote:
norseman wrote:

Hello

Yes I have had a copy since I was 13 . Packed away for many a year at times . Not new either when I got it. Battered and beaten but still a book I have found a path back to.

"Let the waves of the sea separate us now, and the years you have spent in our midst become a memory."

That is the place I opened the book to. Funny what be said there as an "ocean" is what separates me from some good friends I have in the living on line. The internet makes the World a much smaller place, in any given day I can wonder many a time zone.

That is what it be like for Spirit free to wonder anywhere one chooses. At times to interact with other's on the physical plane.

Its quiet this AM as no "Rodents" ( me kids ) are yet up.

Lynn

[size=18][size=24]Lynn and Norseman and L'angel --

i am constantly amazed and how much i believe in is shared by others. i pulled the top 3 books from my most important pile one of books (of many since the move):

The Prophet
by Kahlil Gibran which has yellowed from the 35 yrs i have had it but his philosophical words have become even more inspiring - a genius of his age as he is now. the page it opened to "...Your children are not your children...They come through you but not from you...And though they are with you yet they belong not to you...For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow..." those simple yet dynamic words guided me throughout the years of raising my daughter.
The Sermon on the Mount by Emmet Fox which is a cornerstone of spiritual develop - he shares among other things how to "understand the true nature of Divine Wisdom...";
and a very personal yet integral part of my Divine Journey Finding Your Way Home-a Soul Survival Kit by Melody Beatttie which i've had since it's publication in 1998. whenever i am lost i pick it up, let it open to whatever page and it is exactly what i need to inspire to continue onward. it's sub-title is "tools for discovering your emotional and spiritual power".

each of these books have Divinely Guided me while seeking my Soul Journey and continue to bless me. thank you all for sharing -- this creates a loving and accepting environment which allows me to keep opening my heart to each of everyone of you and learn the lessons i need to learn from all that share and teach here.

always grateful
truthseeker58

Your beliefs on a Higher Power? 538935
Back to top Go down
deb
Spiritual
Spiritual
deb

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 21:17

Interestingly, I had a passage from The Prophet read aloud as part of my wedding ceremony - oh, some 30 years ago....
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 0:01

WOW!
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 4:40

Hello

How interesting I open to this page.

" if any of you would bring judgemnt the unfatihful wife, let him also weigh the heart of her husband, and measrue his soul with measurments. And let him who would lash the offender look unto the spirit of the offended."

The Prophet Kahlil Gibran

On Sunday I take the floor in Church to talk on Easter Sunday. Being a Metaphysicl Church I am approaching it from all avenues. That higher self will be the Universal Light, God, Pagan Eostre, Jesus Christ, Mother Earth, Devine Being and nothing ( as some follow no path ).

I have been busy of late writting for of all places a Christian Church site ( I am not Christian) but am embrace there for me openness in approach so the world of Relgion is coming to be more as ONE.

That higer self is so many a thing and being and truly self.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:46

When Satan comes knocking on your door, ask Jesus to answer it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your beliefs on a Higher Power?   Your beliefs on a Higher Power? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your beliefs on a Higher Power?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next