Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

What is Spirituality to you?

Go down 
+12
Lynn
christaljade
zach
horrorchickiebabe
Violetstar
Free
Cauldron
wyldeflower
mia
mysticalmagic
wendy
Helen
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

A way of life?
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap34%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 34% [ 16 ]
A hobby?
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap0%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
A learning experience?
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap28%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 28% [ 13 ]
A talking point?
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap0%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
A common interest?
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap6%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Some of the above - please state
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap4%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
All of the above
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap13%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 6 ]
Other - please state
What is Spirituality to you? Vote_lcap15%What is Spirituality to you? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

What is Spirituality to you? Empty
PostSubject: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyWed 6 Aug 2008 - 20:16

Tell us what spirituality is to you, using the poll. If you answer other or some of the above then please give your answer in a post...

look forward to seeing the results..

Blessed Be

Helenx

Last edited by Helen on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 23:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyWed 6 Aug 2008 - 20:27

I stated all of the above, but also believe that spirituality can also be hard work!!!

It is not always easy to practise what we preach so to speak, with the stresses of mordern living...

We can but try!

Blessed Be

Helenxx
Back to top Go down
wendy
Enlightened
Enlightened
wendy

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyWed 6 Aug 2008 - 21:48

i chose a learning process as i have very mixed feelings about spirituality and what it means to and for me right now xx
Back to top Go down
mysticalmagic
Believer
Believer
mysticalmagic

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySat 23 Aug 2008 - 16:48

I chose other as I look at spirituality as a journey of discovery. One that opens you up to learn more about yourself and all that is around you.
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySat 29 Aug 2009 - 20:05

I couldn't vote?????
I not sure if I am spiritual, but it's the closest I can get to my beliefs.
I would have voted 'other' btw.
I live my beliefs and I enjoy discussions with other likeminded folk.
It is also a learning which never stops.
I am completely open to it.
And like Helen said it is hard work.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySat 29 Aug 2009 - 23:20

wonder why you couldn't vote???
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySat 29 Aug 2009 - 23:22

Cos I'm special?
Back to top Go down
wyldeflower
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySun 30 Aug 2009 - 15:52

I wasnt sure how to vote either.. lol! but i think its a way of life i dont think if you are material that it goes well with spiritual.
I love nature in the woods in the hedge and out in open spaces .Think if you follow the seasons and the wheel of the year that helps towards being spiritual.I love to gather things acorns and conkers and little oak apples etc i am like a squirrel .i think we all celebrate things different though ..I sometimes think you have to change your way of life to some extent and life can be very difficult now to be overly spiritual.I am not a spiritual type who sits in meditation chanting or going on astral journeys i am more earth bound where my greatest pleasure is to be out ..
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master
Cauldron

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySun 30 Aug 2009 - 16:24

The Goddess is everything to me, in all of her aspects!
Back to top Go down
Free
Believer
Believer

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009 - 3:09

Helen wrote:
Tell us what spirituality is to you, using the poll. If you answer other or some of the above then please give your answer in a post...

look forward to seeing the results..

Blessed Be

Helenx

I couldn't vote But to me it would be other.
I think of Spirituality as a doorway opening up so many new ideas to put into practice.
Nothing feels forced on me, I choose what i am comfortable with.
I think the biggest thing i have found is life is such a small part of living.
Every day problems even the biggest are no more than a hiccup if you can find yourself.
If you are well in what you believe, and able to accept obstacles as learning curves in life, living is the experience to cherish. Hope this is ok.
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009 - 12:57

That was very well put Free!
Excellent!
I agree with all you say stretch hug
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009 - 23:48

Thank you Free, and sorry you couldnt vote will have to check on that as mia couldnt vote either....

I completely agree with the way you have described spirituality and what it means - thanks

EDIT: could Free and mia try to vote as think I have solved the problem!

Last edited by Helen on Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 23:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add edit!)
Back to top Go down
Free
Believer
Believer

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyFri 11 Sep 2009 - 1:38

Yes !!!!!!!!!! Thank you. The vote is done. xx
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyFri 11 Sep 2009 - 1:41

Free wrote:
Yes !!!!!!!!!! Thank you. The vote is done. xx

That is great thank you What is Spirituality to you? 7110 good to know it is working again What is Spirituality to you? 286757
Back to top Go down
Violetstar
Master
Master
Violetstar

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySun 13 Sep 2009 - 20:46

I think spirituality is living your own truth (so a way of life) I think it's about seeing the beauty in all of life, even, (and perhaps especially) in the hardships, (so I also think it is a learning experience. ) To me it is also about love and being sensitive to others and their feelings, being open, giving, unblinkered and honest.
Back to top Go down
Violetstar
Master
Master
Violetstar

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySun 13 Sep 2009 - 20:48

Forgot to add my 'other' was Freedom
Back to top Go down
horrorchickiebabe
Novice
Novice

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyThu 17 Sep 2009 - 7:18

I voted a way of life and a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
Violetstar
Master
Master
Violetstar

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyFri 18 Sep 2009 - 1:03

seems we all think along the same lines Smile
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

Your Country : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 9:04

Spirituality
isn't about a religion. It's about faith. It's believing that there IS
something out there. Whatever your specific details are is irrelevant
to it. That you have faith that somethings out there and that this
isn't all just happenstance.
Back to top Go down
christaljade
Seeker
Seeker
christaljade

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010 - 9:25

Spirituality to me, is loving everyone and everything unconditionally (although sometimes it can be hard). Also I think it is a belief that there is more than just what we see.
Just my opinion.

Bright blessings.
CJ. xxx What is Spirituality to you? Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptySun 15 Aug 2010 - 19:50

I had to state Other - something in connection with self discovery, and healing and living to one's fullest potential. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 0:59

Hello

I so like what Seafarer said.

It is a HUGE part of healing. For me it has given me access to some of the BEST healer's at me Church . If it was not for a reading by a Tarot reader I would not have and a Spirital Path to find there. Too Healing in that I was GUIDED to a Spiritual site....and in an odd way round to this site.

Oh huge on self discovery but maybe too deeper self learning and self confidence and self image really. If one can walk among other's with head held high and shoulder back but not projecting in EGO of being better than another we are on good footings.

In Seafarers case one is on calm oceans with one's jouney if only on the Spiritual Path for now. The MIND (SOUL) can take us on any journey we wish to travel on, opening to that is releaseing fear's is all and going for the GUSTO. LIFE.

YES always fullest potential but FEAR sadly often holds so many back......

SMILES !

Lynn
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010 - 8:33

To me spirituality is realizing there is simply more then what is in front of us. It is going deep within to find the real YOU the real being inside of the clothing we call a body. It is opening up of ones MIND and allowing the cosmic consciousness of the universe to visit and us to remember we visit it nightly. It is no longer requiring the trappings of humanity and seeing that being naked in a field of flowers or on a bed of colored fall leaves is much more rewarding. It is realizing you are the same as a rock or a blade of grass yet just DNA stranded differently for a moment in time.
Spirituality is LOVE of oneself and others. It is the BIG picture...3, 4 and 5th dimensional.
Back to top Go down
trivedifans
Novice
Novice

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 6:30

The meaning of spirituality differs from an individual to individual. Many individuals feel  the spiritual power with yoga, prayers and meditation. On the other hand some individuals believe to be in spiritual power by visiting religious places like mosque , temple or church. But there is an another exceptional spiritual power in this world which is termed as Trivedi Effect. It is the energy transmissions of the thought process of spiritual guru Mahendra Trivedi.
Back to top Go down
the hermit
Lightworker
Lightworker

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 7:14

When we were young we saw so much
Over time it all left us as we grew up
And now we are trying to find the lost
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Spirituality to you?   What is Spirituality to you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next