Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Religion and Spirituality

Go down 
+4
Lynn
L'angel
Helen
Libertas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Your Country : United Kingdom

Religion and Spirituality Empty
PostSubject: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptySun 23 May 2010 - 13:52

Do you think that religion and spirituality are the same thing? If you think they are not, what do you see as their differences? Is spirituality your religion?

*I dont know if this should be in this forum or the Tough Topics one so feel free to move it Helen! Religion and Spirituality Icon_biggrin *
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptySun 23 May 2010 - 15:22

great question hun, and I not sure if it should be here or there either, guess we will see what the responses are like.....

as for me, I am gonna have to think on it before I answer.....
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyMon 24 May 2010 - 22:36

I consider spirituality my religion!
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyWed 26 May 2010 - 0:56

Hello

That is a question that comes forth so many a time.

The way I see it is Spirituality is the act and Religion is the tool.

Its like when I say "Church" and then say its Metaphysical in nature with NO Dogma , to have one's go how is that Chuch but to me it a a house of God to some and other faiths to others. I call it Universal Light. What it be is "all faiths one house" and that is an amazing feeling .

I call it Church as to me it does have the same following format I grew up with as a child in the Anglacan Church, we have a blessing prayer , we have an offering, we too have a meditaiton (bit different) and we have broader topics than just maybe the word of God.

Spirituality is that act of me going there Religion is the Metaphysical Church I attend. Sunday Service.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyWed 26 May 2010 - 17:46

I see myself as spiritual but not religious.
I dont really have an explanation for why I see myself that way, it's just how I feel comfortable describing myself I suppose. I think being brought up in a religious family kinda put me off thinking of myself as religious, as I practise my spirituality in a very different way to how I used to practise my religion as a child/teenager.
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptySat 29 May 2010 - 9:24

I just found thus pic online, what do you all think of it, do you agree?

Religion and Spirituality Religion-spirituality
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptySat 29 May 2010 - 14:47

Hello

No I would not agree with that as that points to a very narrow view of religion and the faith that beleives in a Hell.

TO me Hell is what one makes it life itself can show ye that place or one can walk with another and see that place. I have. Am I affraid of going to Hell NO as I have seen it face on and I no longer fear that darkness.

So is Spirituality a result of me knowing of that place no not really that path is a path of personal growth out of choice and out of finding a Church I belong at and am accepted at. A place of all faiths under ONE ROOF, a place of healers and mediums all working for the common good, a place for one's to come and learn.

I have both I have Religion, and I have Spiritulity in one place in me.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptySat 29 May 2010 - 15:21

I dont agree with it either.
Back to top Go down
Shadowfox
Believer
Believer
Shadowfox

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010 - 0:41

AngelMutley wrote:
Do you think that religion and spirituality are the same thing? If you think they are not, what do you see as their differences? Is spirituality your religion?

*I dont know if this should be in this forum or the Tough Topics one so feel free to move it Helen! Religion and Spirituality Icon_biggrin *

In my opinion religion is the foundation of spirituality, think of it this way if i may. Religion is the taught aspect of what ever foundation you follow, like spell working in most pagan craft. Spirituality comes after the basics are learned. It is the more advanced form of any path work one follows. Spirituality comes from a knowing of oneself and how we are connected to all things.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010 - 2:07

Shadowfox,
I agree to an extent...but I do not like all the "people made" rules that most religions come with...I think I have my own religion...it is different from any religion that I have been exposed to, although, I did bring some things with me to my own religion.
My spirituality is much deeper than any religion I was ever exposed to, as you said.
Back to top Go down
Marty
Novice
Novice
Marty

Your Country : Scotland

PostSubject: Spitituality and religion   Religion and Spirituality EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010 - 14:10

Hi, I am a spiritualist and I believe that spitituality is part of belief in oneself.
Not all religions are spititual because a religion is a belief in something and not necessarily of a God.
We all worship something, even aethiests.
Spitituality is within us and it is how we use it determines on which path or religion we follow.
People can change which religion they follow, perhaps just to see what else is on offer. Their spirituality remains within them, it is only the ideology that changes.
The realm of spirit does not care what religion or belief that you have. Every living thing is welcome and is there.
Spitituality is part of religion and no matter what you believe in your spirituality will live on even after you have passed.

Just my pennies worth,

Love and blessings,

Marty
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010 - 18:10

Thanks Marty, very true Smile
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyTue 27 Jul 2010 - 23:42

A little late coming to the discussion...

When I was religious I enjoyed a number of spiritual experiences. It wasn't until I left religion, however, that spirituality became a fully integral part of my life and consciousness. I see the value of religion, but it's not a part of my life any more.

On a bit of a side note, I don't worship any one or any thing. I'm not an atheist - I fully believe there are gods - worship is simply not the way I express or live my spirituality.
Back to top Go down
Shadowfox
Believer
Believer
Shadowfox

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 15:11

Jas i love your explanation of religion and spirituality and i must agree with you an all points, it is good to see one so young with the wisdom to tell the difference and to put the point across in such an easy and understandable way.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality EmptyWed 4 Aug 2010 - 5:08

Jas,
You should look up shadowfox's posts, he is a very wise man!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religion and Spirituality   Religion and Spirituality Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion and Spirituality
Page 1 of 1