Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

No religion

Go down 
+2
mia
Helen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

No religion Empty
PostSubject: No religion   No religion EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 18:18

I for one think the world would be a better place without religion - with everyone having and accepting responsibility for there own actions.......

After all the majority of war is all about religion and who is right....

no religion no war - right?? what do you think?
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

Your Country : United Kingdom

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 23:10

I wholeheartedly agree!
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 23:15

I think the movement is happening when people are starting to believe what they want to believe, and finally they are being allowed to....
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Your Country : United Kingdom

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptySat 13 Feb 2010 - 23:20

Yep, me too.
I might be pagan but I dont think of myself as religious. No way. I'm spiritual. I had enough of religion to literally last me a lifetime thankyou lol!
Back to top Go down
Torey
Spiritual
Spiritual
Torey

Your Country : Philippines

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptyFri 19 Mar 2010 - 3:26

Firstly, religion isn't the problem itself. It's intolerant practices in
the dogma, the people of the religion who think they have the right to
infringe on others rights, and cowards who hide behind it. Religion is
actually a very good thing for many people who have it and it is a life
affirming thing for many, however, the people who take it beyond helping
and healing themselves and pushing themselves and their religion on
others give religion a bad name.

Religious wars aren't really a big
BIG thing in the listings of wars.well what I think political difference
and land wars are more frequent.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptySun 21 Mar 2010 - 16:13

No religion 637347
Back to top Go down
Torey
Spiritual
Spiritual
Torey

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 1:06

Helen wrote:
I think the movement is happening when people are starting to believe what they want to believe, and finally they are being allowed to....

Once again, it's not the religion that does that. It's the followers who use the religion as a way to get what they want. And then after that, it's up to people who join the religion to leave because they are disatisfied or stay (unless they are the kind who kill you if
you don't convert). "Tithing, buying one's way into heaven, inquisitions, witch burninings" are all things that used religion as a scapegoat to further some person's agenda. Does God get the money that the king said you could use to buy into heaven? No, the king does, and it was the king who told you you could buy your way to heaven, not God. So you can't blame the religion itself for the corrupt things that it's followers did. Christianity in it's most simplistic form says "Follow these rules and you go to heaven. Don't follow these rules and you go to hell." It's a punishment and praisal system that many other groups and countries say as well. Blame corrupt Christians, don't blame Christianity. If you don't like it, just keep away from it. I don't like many of the rules and such in Christianity so I don't practice it. I also don't like football, so I don't play it. That doesn't mean it's bad, it means I don't like it. Sorry if I got ranty, I just don't like it when people blame things for the action of its followers.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 1:24

I didnt say religion did anything, I said that the time is coming where people dont feel the need to be in a religion and have the started to have belief in many things and taking responsiblity for there own actions - not blaming religion for there problems......

This topic is more about what a world with NO religion at all would be like, where people don't hide behind a name and accept responsibility for there own lives - rather than any particular religion or its practises.

I think you may have misunderstood the topic.
Back to top Go down
Torey
Spiritual
Spiritual
Torey

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptyWed 24 Mar 2010 - 1:34

Helen wrote:
I didnt say religion did anything, I said that the time is coming where people dont feel the need to be in a religion and have the started to have belief in many things and taking responsiblity for there own actions - not blaming religion for there problems......

This topic is more about what a world with NO religion at all would be like, where people don't hide behind a name and accept responsibility for there own lives - rather than any particular religion or its practises.

I think you may have misunderstood the topic.

Oh okay... so sorry... helen
Yes I misunderstood the topic...lol because i didnt able to read all the messages in the threads... Sorry again..

I dont really disagree with you just slightly...lol
Okay but now I understand thyw whole topic
the way I look at it religion was formed for several reasons
1) to make sense of the world around us
2) to impose a sense of order on things (god is for all intents the ideal of goverment, one person who can see all and know all and is the final judge of all things, punishes the wicked and rewards the honnest)
3) as a moral booster. we all know that eventually we will die. but no one wants to think that when that happens that's the end. every religion (as far as I'm aware) has an afterlife of some sort where the souls of the departed live in perfect bliss (even hindu after all the reincarnation stuff) if you knew that when you died that was the end of
it most people would be "well what's the point" and you'd get anarchy (and not the good kind) while believing that there is an afterlife that depends on how good/bad you lived then people are going to be much more "civil"
Back to top Go down
Akyana
Spiritual
Spiritual
Akyana

Your Country : Czech Republic

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion EmptyThu 20 May 2010 - 22:52

Helen wrote:
I for one think the world would be a better place without religion - with everyone having and accepting responsibility for there own actions.......

After all the majority of war is all about religion and who is right....

no religion no war - right?? what do you think?

Oh, Helen, dont worry...people would find another reasons why to fight.

humans are simply frustrated and want to beat the bleep out of others.

Thats the way it is and always will be, unless the religions will make us better people No religion Icon_wink

No religion Cat-fight5B55D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: No religion   No religion Empty

Back to top Go down

No religion
Page 1 of 1