Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Making this place my new home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Making this place my new home Empty
PostSubject: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptyFri 1 Oct 2010 - 22:05

Hello all,

Well - for those that have visited Spiritual Forums/SF and are aware of its situation (they had to revert to using a database that is 3 years old) - know that I won't be returning there. I was not a member there three years ago (as I had joined it in February 2009) so all the work I had posted there is pretty much lost and I'm not going to repost it all again. Therefore that pretty much 'seals the deal' that I will be making this my new home.

I'm sure Pluralone will be happy to hear this... Wink
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptyFri 1 Oct 2010 - 22:35

That is fanstastic new for us!! thank you

I noticed this - I joined in May 2008 - and I dont exsist either at the moment, they may find a more up to date database to use- is a lesson to all site though really - make sure you regularly back up your database!

I will wait a while before I re join - see if they can get a better date back - or if it goes down again before the problem is resolved...

If you need anything please PM me - if you need any further forum topics/areas set up etc..

Thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptyFri 1 Oct 2010 - 22:43

I don't blame you. I remember when it first went down in January of this year - as I was a moderator there at the time. Then this happened...and quite frankly, I'm just in no mood to repost a ton of information that I had there. I know that I have put some of it here: Chakra-Abuse info, Shadow Self site link, but I should have here the Blue Pearl phenomeon too - as I had a thread there on it.

As for the other topic sections...sure thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptyFri 1 Oct 2010 - 23:57

Hello

Well I too do not exist on SF I have gone back as I was made Staff there I feel that I owe them that for now....will see.

HERE though has a RARE feel of COMFORT to it. I have been passing it on to one's I know....

WE have a good thing here as we really make one's feel they belong and are WELCOMED.

I too was so happy to see that ye will make this HOME .

Lynn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptySat 2 Oct 2010 - 15:38

Thanks. Smile

Yeah I don't want it to be read as I'm 'bashing' SF or anything of the sort - it was just a group of people that really dominated that forum and that was why I was really really hesitant to bring up the thing with 'wants'...because I knew it would go off on this whole tangent with regards to 'attachments' and that they aren't healthy and blah blah blah...those who've been there recently (before the 2nd crash) will know what I'm talking about.

I just felt like it was losing its 'human touch' in some sections...became way too philosophical, etc....too 'cerebral'.

That's why I am staying here. This here is refreshing - I can have a 'human' discussion. LoL Wink
Back to top Go down
norseman
Spiritual
Spiritual
norseman

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptySat 2 Oct 2010 - 19:14

I also SF'ed in 2008 and it was fun then - very lively Chat and all. I started a Tarot school that ran to over 50 pages and many 000's of viewings. Of late, it has been an occasional drop-in only - sad that ! I have re-registered but the heart isn't in it any more.
"These things shall pass" - someone once said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptySat 2 Oct 2010 - 20:04

I agree Norseman. It was a blessing when I had joined in Feb. 2009. And it didn't have that 'flavor' that it did later in time. My heart isn't in it anymore as well.

I am enjoying my conversations here very much - there is something 'different' about this place and it is something that I like. Smile
Back to top Go down
kimcreative
Master
Master

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptySun 3 Oct 2010 - 5:15

*gets in line*

yeah, an ex SF member here too. I felt like God led me to SF, where I learned ALOT but then, for whatever reason, I feel God wanted me off that site, had me kicked off and then I was led to here.
I like to think of SF as junior high maybe and this place college,the next level. lol
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptySun 3 Oct 2010 - 5:23

kimcreative wrote:
*gets in line*

yeah, an ex SF member here too. I felt like God led me to SF, where I learned ALOT but then, for whatever reason, I feel God wanted me off that site, had me kicked off and then I was led to here.
I like to think of SF as junior high maybe and this place college,the next level. lol

Hello Kim

OLD is new on SF if one does not know the SITE crashed all IS GONE that means all members newer than 2007 are GONE. One is free again to come in....as what can be done....NOTHING. NOW will "banned" ones do that time will tell. Will the site have its past success again time will tell that one.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
kimcreative
Master
Master

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptySun 3 Oct 2010 - 6:11

haha, guilt! I already did! Just ten minutes ago! Only to use their chat though ( I really loved their chat) But I see the chat is also gone so no interest in that site for me there.
I really miss the active chat board there.

Id love it if this site could somehow had a sound alert, like a chime or something letting you know if people have entered the chat room. Because Id love to chat with people here more. But everytime I visit that room, no one is there!

If SF crashed and many flock here, maybe that will change though?
Either way, I still love this site. It is great, does have a wonderful energy that SF didnt possess so. Oh, and ofcourse it was LYNN on it so thats always a plus! lol

Truthfully, Lynn's writings really played a key role in my "enlightenment" because of all the topics she covers and how she talks of them, in this open ended way of "do we really now the answer?", it did ALOT to open my mind up to the possibilities, which was necessary or I never would have learned or experienced some of the things I have. Cheers Lynn!
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home EmptySun 3 Oct 2010 - 14:42

LoL Kim. Smile

I used to have fun with other spiritual boards and their chats. Man...and some of the chats that were to be had were a riot!

Anymore though, I prefer to just talk one-one and I guess it's because I'm going through so much and a one-one talk is more 'focused'.

I agree with Kim with regards to the 'energy' of here compared to SF. I don't know if it was because it got so big that it reached a 'tipping point' (this had been discussed actually in that vintage living forum I visit which has roughly the same number members that SF did) - and such a subject was brought up.

Lynn was the one that introduced me to here, which I'm thankful for. I'm always hesitant in joining a new spiritual board because I don't know how things will go with regards to my soul exchange experience (and I've had some pretty nasty receptions at some). But because Lynn and I knew each other from SF - the transition to here was going to be a smooth one. Wink

Also on another note - I think that my time as a moderator on SF just kind of left a bad taste in my own mouth. Lynn and I discussed this issue at length.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making this place my new home   Making this place my new home Empty

Back to top Go down

Making this place my new home
Page 1 of 1