Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home

Go down 
+8
onlyme
david
Amberain
chris
pluralone
laura ann
Debby
Lynn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 2:04

Dear Valued Our Spiritual Home Members

First off a warm welcome to all the NEW MEMBER’S here. It is NOTED that many have found a path here from another popular site. That is all well and good you are very welcomed here.

What “WE” as staff would like to address is WHILE Our Spiritual Home has and active and working Chat Room THAT IS NOT all this site is about. The Chat Room has always been an “ADDITION” to the sharing community we have here. It has never been an issue before for Staff here to have to bring to member’s attentions that IT’S A PART of the site NOT THE FULL SITE.

In saying that we welcome all to use the Chat Room but too we ask that contributions are made to the OVERALL value of the site.\

We as MEMBER’S here own the SITE the value of being full participating members - that mean’s replying to some posts or starting a YOUR CORNER here and sharing with other’s thoughts and ideas.

If there becomes issues where one’s are ONLY here because the other side DOES NOT have a Chat Room then we might have to look at access permissions being a bit stiffer.

Should anyone have any questions or comments please feel free to add them here.

Thank you in advance

Lynn Chat Room Mage
Back to top Go down
Debby
Enlightened
Enlightened
Debby

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 2:19

I have enjoyed posting in the forums as well! I have only been here a few days and have quite a few posts already...This is my new fave site.... Not just using you for the chat. lol
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 2:59

I hate chat rooms....tooooooo much energy if more then one or two there....

rattles me lol
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 3:36

Oh I hear that, laura ann! Thank you for saying it first!!!

The site where I was a member prior to coming here had a chat room, and there was some pressure (nothing burdening! just persistent) to participate in chat. I am much more articulate when I think about what I'm saying before it's said, believe me, and when there are several people talking at once I just get lost. So *shrug* I too prefer to stick with the forum rather than participate in chat.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 4:05

HELLO

NO one is to feel targeted here . We are simply trying to prevent an protential problem that can quickly take down a very good site is all. I have seen it happen the flow goes CHAT with the GOOD knowlegable members into small groups and the site looses valued posts as the discussion flows so easily in Chat at times.

WE are not targeting anyone just saying that the SITE is more than a Chat Room is all. There are some that post the minimum number of threads just to HIT Chat . That is not what any site is about.

I do have a passion for OSH I have never found such a warm and open feeling site and I have been asked to look at hundreds of sites.

This is a RARE site that is in growth and we as staff want to keep that coming forth.

ALL are welcome in Chat by all means....just want memeber as they come in to KNOW that the SITE is a lot of things .

We are blessed to have a Chat Room here to I hope make new friends..... want to keep the quality HIGH is all.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Debby
Enlightened
Enlightened
Debby

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 4:09

I like both...I have never been officially diagnosed, but I'm sure I have ADD. I type in the forums and chat at the same time....all while playing solitaire. But if someone needs my undivided attention, they have it. I'm on dial up...so while one page loads, I'm off doing things on another page. lol
Back to top Go down
Debby
Enlightened
Enlightened
Debby

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 4:14

Lynn wrote:
HELLO

NO one is to feel targeted here . We are simply trying to prevent an protential problem that can quickly take down a very good site is all. I have seen it happen the flow goes CHAT with the GOOD knowlegable members into small groups and the site looses valued posts as the discussion flows so easily in Chat at times.

WE are not targeting anyone just saying that the SITE is more than a Chat Room is all. There are some that post the minimum number of threads just to HIT Chat . That is not what any site is about.

I do have a passion for OSH I have never found such a warm and open feeling site and I have been asked to look at hundreds of sites.

This is a RARE site that is in growth and we as staff want to keep that coming forth.

ALL are welcome in Chat by all means....just want memeber as they come in to KNOW that the SITE is a lot of things .

We are blessed to have a Chat Room here to I hope make new friends..... want to keep the quality HIGH is all.

Lynn

The qualities you list here are the exact reason I love this site. It is a RARE thing, and as this site grows, people are going to have to strive from all ends to maintain that rarity. I love this site, and am grateful for it....and new friends!
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 5:19

every time i get to the chat room i am the only one there so usually i
dont bother looking.

Some chat rooms are funny on Fri and Sat night- alcohol lol. it all goes haywire.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 5:20

Hello

Well the chat room is more busy of late.

Too if ye see me or a member on line PM them and say come chat....

Lynn
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 5:33

il give it a go
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 9:14

Yeah lol! i seem to have chat room phobia afraid

But this site is so friendly and i would feel very comfortable to go into chat and chat, Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  651724 anytime with you guys Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  804830
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 15:46

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can I identify with that statement....rfl

Quote :
I'm on dial up...so while one page loads, I'm off doing things on another page. lo
l

I have dial up also...many times I am looking up something while waiting on page to load and have at times fixed me a sandwich or cooked supper in between page loads

hey it's better then watching hair turn gray or grass grow waiting on it to laod.....

Poor people or ones who live in out of the way places must develop sense of humours
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 16:15

...and LOTS of patience! You two must be super patient people!!!

Earlier this year I actually bit the bullet and signed up - at an extra $10 per month - for better internet service. It's a step up from 'high speed', and I can actually watch streaming video on my computer now without having to wait for it to load first. I can hardly imagine having to go back to dial up. Think it would be really hard on my blood pressure! hee
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 16:39

I have learned to CUSS in three languages

seriously I do get very upset at times but I would rather get upset occasionally then to not have internet and human connections at all

Kinda like sex...if you never have good sex you dont realize all you have been having is bad....I have never had good internet...even at work the puter is so old and the procesor so slow it is like having dial up most of the time.

The people I work with are stagnate blind minded..
.and books are great ..I love them

but the sharing of ideas, thoughts, feelings, and what if's are here.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 16:59

Hello

I like that line "kinda like sex" .

The only way I know I have it GOOD lol! is to have eveyone tell me what BAD is.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 17:02

*blinks, confused* What is this 'bad sex' of which you speak?

*giggles, runs away*
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 17:16

Hello

The "BAD SEX" would be " Minute Rice" Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  286757 . The kind that goes off quickly and does not have nutritional value's.

There would be NO Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  210306 to it .

NOW I need to find me mate..... Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  216998 .

Lynn
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 17:21

*chuckles*

Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  685324 Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  685324 Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  685324
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyWed 6 Oct 2010 - 18:17

Hello

One's seem to be misunderstanding a bit. THERE is no pressures here to praticipate in the Chat Room or to Post. What "WE" as members want is to keep OSH as it is the "RARE" place it is. To keep the persoanl feel it has, that comfort like a warm beverage after being out on a cold day.

Too know that what we GROW here is not the norm out there. We as members know that ....but new one's coming in that might well have had negaitve outings on other sites migh not.

"Making this my new home" comes to mind from one member it feels like a HOME here.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
david
Spiritual
Spiritual
david

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptyThu 7 Oct 2010 - 18:13

just say hello to me and im........... Hmmmmmmmmm wheres the O and the K,
aha..... theres the k.

The O issssssssss....... aha there.

by which time an entire history of chat is formed.... lol

then i get the question 'whats ok David?' to answer that correctly, well.... would be interesting to say the least

besides my speloling. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptySat 9 Oct 2010 - 0:51

I was in chat one day, but I guess at this moment in my life...I'm not really interested in it.

So - on that note...you won't find me in there. I'm more of a forum person than a chat type. I prefer one-one conversations because I can focus better.
Back to top Go down
onlyme
Seeker
Seeker
onlyme

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptySat 9 Oct 2010 - 11:17

david wrote:
just say hello to me and im........... Hmmmmmmmmm wheres the O and the K,
aha..... theres the k.

The O issssssssss....... aha there.

by which time an entire history of chat is formed.... lol

then i get the question 'whats ok David?' to answer that correctly, well.... would be interesting to say the least

besides my speloling. lol
lol dont mind the spelling d were usually quite good at desiphering what you say in chat i think
p.s. i finnally figured how to post things yay
Back to top Go down
onlyme
Seeker
Seeker
onlyme

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptySat 9 Oct 2010 - 11:29

sticking up for chat though sometimes people want answers or just need some1 to talk to i try to stay in there as much as i can if just to listen if not to cheer the mood of people so i shall indevour to make chat a light and fun atmosphere wether people join us or not is there choice but i wont so lightly condemn the personal touch chat can provide
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptySat 9 Oct 2010 - 17:05

I don't think anyone's condemning chat, onlyme -- some of us just prefer the forum. Most of the time my brain doesn't work fast enough to have a conversation in chat, although my fingers seem able to type pretty fast! I think the point here was that those who participate only in chat are being invited and encouraged to also participate in the forum where the rest of us can get to know them better.

I'm glad you're available in chat for those who want or need someone to talk to in real time!
Back to top Go down
onlyme
Seeker
Seeker
onlyme

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  EmptySat 9 Oct 2010 - 21:44

pluralone wrote:
I don't think anyone's condemning chat, onlyme -- some of us just prefer the forum. Most of the time my brain doesn't work fast enough to have a conversation in chat, although my fingers seem able to type pretty fast! I think the point here was that those who participate only in chat are being invited and encouraged to also participate in the forum where the rest of us can get to know them better.

I'm glad you're available in chat for those who want or need someone to talk to in real time!
lol did sound like im tryin to get at the forum side didnt it i just mean they compliment each other anyway btw this is why i shouldnt think things through so much i end up making more mistakes then when i start lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home    Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home  Empty

Back to top Go down

Re The Chat Room on Our Spiritual Home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next