Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Christian Witches

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Your Country : Wales

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyWed 8 Sep 2010 - 12:13

I have been doing a lot of research in this department and would love to hear your views on this subject....

BOTH FAITHS SPEAK TO ME....BUT THERE ARE THINGS IN BOTH THAT DON'T FIT.....

Can one be a witch and be a Christian?
I believe this is my path to walk as i am drawn to Witchcraft but talk to God every night and feel comfortable with this......

"If you do magic and feel no qualms about it or guilt, but you simply cannot give up Christian beliefs and feel no need to, if you love magic and feel that you can positively influence your life through it, then Christian Witchcraft is quite possibly your path".......

I have a few people in my life who would not agree with this ...hence me starting up this thread.

All comments welcome ,as i would like to hear what you guys think Christian Witches 88116
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Your Country : United Kingdom

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyWed 8 Sep 2010 - 12:33

I think it partly depends on which Christian religion you chose to preactise as I know that some are totally incompatible with witchcraft, kinda anti witchcraft.
Personally I think, as the wiccan basically rede says, you should be able to do what you want so long as you dont hurt others. But not everyone thinks that way and I think in some Christain churches it would be totally frowned upon if they knew you were a witch as well as a Christian.
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyWed 8 Sep 2010 - 13:21

Thank you AngelM Christian Witches Icon_smile , Yes! i know what you are saying about the Christian Churches. Christian Witches Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyWed 8 Sep 2010 - 15:14

The religion I was brought up in would not be very impressed if they had a witch amongst em lol!
I wont start on the hypocrisy of some religious people......
Back to top Go down

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyWed 8 Sep 2010 - 17:35

I actually kind of fit in this category...but probably very loosely. I don't 'practice' any actual witchcraft so to speak, other than what I do on myself (such as crystal healing, essences, essential oils, herbs and whatnot) - as this is tied in with the Finnish Shamanism that is the roots of my interest in the Shadow Self integration.

Yet - at the same time, I am a Theistic Agnostic - I don't do 'gods' or 'goddesses'...but prefer to 'be in touch with' 'the powers that be/Source/Spirit' whatever you want to call it (the monotheism of Christianity) - this all dates from my lifetime in Finland, and then being a theistic agnostic during the WWII era.

Cripes...I'm so vague with my feelings/beliefs/etc. that even the above I don't think can be totally 'hard core' with me...but it is a good general starting place if I had to describe myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

Your Country : United States

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyWed 8 Sep 2010 - 21:45

If you put so much title to being labeled something then you label yourself and your beliefs into a box.

And you then strap yourself down to trying to be who others need you to by THEIR beliefs out of fear of rejection.

Be who YOU need to be...believe what resonates within your being ..your heart...your mind.

People will either eventually respect that....or they will leave you.....You will find that is very common when one opens up to their spirituality......the old falls away so the new can enter.....

Be who YOU need to be hun....
Back to top Go down

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyWed 8 Sep 2010 - 23:38

I couldn't agree with you more Laura Ann - what you said is one reason why I DON'T like to put these labels on myself. If I say 'Pagan' then people will automatically assume I worship different gods and goddesses - which I don't do.

I love what you said here: And you then strap yourself down to trying to be who others need you to by THEIR beliefs out of fear of rejection.

I've noticed that with myself - maybe that is because of where I live, etc. - not that there aren't witches, etc. here...but it is just a very 'churchy' town.

It's the same with being labeled a 'walk-in' soul. I don't like that either because people tend to have all various reactions to it - either freaked out, concerned for my psychiatric health, possession, or people have even gone so far as to ask ME how they could have a soul exchange! I just like to see my soul as just that - a soul...not a young soul, not an old soul...but just 'a soul'.

Just my zwei pfennig. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyThu 9 Sep 2010 - 9:30

Christian Witches 804830 Thank you guys for the replies Christian Witches Icon_smile

I was a little dubious about posting but glad i did now....

I am really exited about this and feel it is right for me.

I have always believed in God and one could say i am a practising Witch..... i feel this is my path and i will walk it with confidence. As you said Laura ann
Quote :
"Be who YOU need to be...believe what resonates within your being ..your heart...your mind.

I am not ashamed or fear rejection from others on this subject and will confidently continue learning ,growing and developing my spirituality.

Along with the lessons here on OSH i am learning so much, i feel stronger, happier, and most definitely more balanced.... Christian Witches 88116

Christian Witches 179116 Christian Witches 457649
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master
Cauldron

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010 - 5:23

Why do I always stumble on these interesting topics at gone 5 in the morning?

Well to start with I think it's a point well made that it's easier if you don't lable yourself and just go spiritually with whats right for you, however I lable myself a Witch because I wish to reclaim a term that was once used to insult and abuse people and i'm thinking at the moment that having a lable is useful for you too, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread.

In my covern I have a Born Again Christian, that gets fully involued and calls to the elements and the divine etc and my husband nearly went into the Christian ministry, he is now a Pagan, but the Christian religion is still important to him.

So I think you can do it (actually you can do anything really) what you can't do is be fundamental about either (and yes there are fundamental Pagans and being a pagan myself I think I can say they tend to be a ruddy nightmare!) The above mentioned Born Again is actually not that fundamental now.

It does actually become a lot easier if you do have a belief in different Gods, because then you can have Christ as one God (your patron if you like) but also recognise different Gods too.
Thus you are working with the Christ energy, but bringing in the Pagan element of different Gods (I do agree that not all Pagans believe in more than one God as been stated on this thread, but I do think it's easier if this happens to be your belief) You can even go a bit Roman Catholic and have Mother Mary and her healing energies as a Goddess.
Starting with these two energies (IMO that's what Gods basically are) getting to know them through prayer and magic you can then cast your net further and explore other Son like Gods and other Mother Gods.

Winter Solstice is coming up, Look at the wording; Christ becomes the Sun God and not the Son of God and his Mother becomes the Goddess of the world and Darkness giving birth to her sun and relighting our world once more.

Hopefully what you will begin to see is that the two faiths actually have a lot more in common than they are different.

However there are some things that you can't believe if you wnat to embrace the two, you can't believe the only way to God is through Christ, he, the Christ energy can be one way, but not the only way.
and you can't believe that if you're not a Christian you'll go to Hell. There are a few Pagans that do believe in a type of Hell, but I would say getting rid of any belief in it would be most helpful!

The biggest pitfull is that Cristianity is organised, Paganism isn't and when people ask me for advice that have come from any organised religion it can throw them to hear 'well what do you think?'

Study, study and study both Religions and take from them both the aspects that are most helpful to YOU!

and if you're ever in need of a bit of guidance why not pray to Mother Mary Goddess, shes rarely wrong!
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010 - 9:42

Christian Witches 637347 Thank you Cauldron Christian Witches 7110

Christian Witches Icon_smile contrary to the Bible i actually do not believe in Hell.... and certainly don't see my god as vengeful.
I believe that God is caring, kind and understanding, he is divine spirit, as we all are spirit having a human experience and i believe in the spirit world for all mankind.... no judgment day ,just unconditional love awaits all . IMO. Christian Witches 88116
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010 - 10:29

Not all Christian religions believe in hell! It's down to how you interpret the bible Smile
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010 - 10:55

True! Christian Witches 88116 Thank you AngelM XXX
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master
Cauldron

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010 - 18:47

Well Amberain it sounds like you have a pretty open mind, so that will set you strong on the path and I'm not suggesting all Christians believe in Hell, I know they don't. Although most fundamental Christians would do.
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010 - 21:19

I didnt think you were suggesting that, I was responding to what Amber said Smile
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master
Cauldron

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010 - 23:13

love ya Mut! Christian Witches 7110
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptySat 11 Sep 2010 - 10:05

Christian Witches 804830 Thank you all for your comments and opinions.
I am pretty open minded and really appreciate all comments.... Christian Witches 88116
Back to top Go down

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptySat 11 Sep 2010 - 17:14

I don't believe in Hell. To me, that's a 'state of mind' rather than an actual 'place'. To me, Hell is feeling separation from Spirit (fear, hate, guilt, etc. are all things that make up Hell and lead to separation from Love).

I agree with the whole Winter Solstice thing and Light - in fact, I think all the holidays during that time deal with the coming of Light.

As for me personally - I wish I could find some more on Finnish heathenism. There was a title mentioned in the link I found, for a book, but the reviews on the book weren't good.

I wonder if the early Christianity in Finland was closer to Christian Mysticism than the mess that's going on now with the religion...
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptySat 11 Sep 2010 - 18:03

Prien wrote:

As for me personally - I wish I could find some more on Finnish heathenism. There was a title mentioned in the link I found, for a book, but the reviews on the book weren't good.

Hi Prien Christian Witches Icon_smile

What is Finnish heathenism ? Christian Witches Lol
Back to top Go down

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptySun 12 Sep 2010 - 15:15

I got a post on it in...a section I can't remember but will post the link here:

http://indigocrescent.com/id40.html

"Finns have the power of darkness, Finns are wizards"
This was the cry of the Viking warriors who feared nothing...
nothing but the power of the Finns in their dark forests.

In the desolate northern edge of the world there dwells a race of people strong and solitary, their origins pre-date history. They speak a language unlike any other. They were skilled warriors and woodsmen All of these things were rivaled only by their reputation as sorcerers. These are the people of ancient Finland.

Because it is one of the oldest indigent forms of Pagan religion, their ways were lost in the shadows of pre-history. In modern times, a new interest has surfaced in this unique and ancient Pagan belief system.

Finnish Paganism died out during the period while Finland has been a part of the Christian world. However, many of the Pagan traditions have remained even under a Christian context.

Too often, Finnish Paganism is considered part of the Nordic Heathenism – this is incorrect. Finnish Heathenism pre-dates Nordic Heathenism and the two forms of Paganism are observed very differently. Finnish Heathenism is a Shamanic belief system – the Native Americans fashioned their belief system on that of the Ancient Finns. A study of both systems will reveal the great many similarities. On the other hand, the Nordic Heathenism, whilst Nature-based, is not predominantly Shamanic. Modern Finnish Pagans tend to view Asatru as a kind of cultural imperialism that is based too much on beliefs of neighbouring countries and not on their own local traditions. On a personal note, I found Asatru to be too akin to Christianity for me. No surprise really, since all historical records were destroyed by the Christians and the Eddas were written by a Christian man.

Due to the geographical proximity of Finland to Siberia and the nomadic way of life which prevailed until relatively recent times, Finnish Paganism has its roots in Shamanism, sharing many similar concepts - such as the honouring of ancestors, spirits of the land, and the elements of earth, air, fire and water - with Siberian and Arctic peoples.

Finnish Paganism holds no absolute rules, but instead each pagan has to make their own decisions on how to practice Paganism. The way pagans view their Gods is one example of this. For some pagans Gods are personifications of natural forces, others perceive them as higher ideals and some see them as concrete living beings. It should be noted, that pre-Christian religion wasn't just one isolated aspect of living, as is often the case in universal religions such as Christianity. Instead, for the ancient people their tribe, myths, rites and everyday customs were all interconnected into one cohesive sense being a human being. Asking luck for harvest from the Gods was just as commonplace as sowing the seeds was.

COSMOLOGY

In the Finnish cosmology there are three realms - the upper world where spirits and gods resided, called Ylinen, the middle world, Keskinen, which was the world of living and the under world, Alinen, where the dead dwelled with the earth spirits - found on a World Tree. Finnish Pagans believe that people's destinies are written in the leaves of this tree, and that when a leaf falls, a person dies.

In recent years, some Finnish pagans have merged their traditions with those of Wicca, choosing to honour the Goddess Mielikki (Spirit of the Forest) and the God Tapio (Lord of the Forest) as their principle deities.

DEITIES

Finnish Paganism is pantheistic/polytheistic with a pantheon of many deities worshipped, the ultimate representation of divinity being Ukko.

Ukko : the sky god, and chief deity in the Finnish pantheon

Rauni : goddess of fertility, and wife of Ukko; rejected by others as historically dubious
Ahti : the sea god
Tapio : the forest god
Pekko : god of the crops
Nyyrikki : the hunter god
Mielikki : goddess of forests and the hunt
Ilmarinen : the sky god
Louhi : mythical matriarch; rather an ideal to follow than a god to worship
Turisas : the war god; rejected by others as historically dubious
Haltijas : elven-like creatures, spirits, gnomes
Lemminkäinen : mythical hero
Hiisi: holy place and creature
Jumi
The afterlife is a place called Tuonela, and it is a place where several different deities live, including Tuoni.

FESTIVALS/SACRED DAYS

Hela, (Spring Equinoxe) - a festival celebrating the coming of spring and the new growing season
Ukon Vakat (Ukko’s Day) – 4 April - the end of Spring ploughing. Similar to Imbolc
Juhannus (Summer Solstice) - Celebratory fires are burned all over Finland. Spells to predict who your future spouse will be are cast.
Kekri, (Samhain) - celebration of harvest and the ancestors
Joulu, (Winter Solstice)
Midwinter – 13 January

OBSERVATION

Family was held in high regard. Ancestor cults with sacrificial trees became more important as did fertility rites and ensuring a good crop. Sacrificial stones and other sacred places started to appear near fields. In the spring in Eastern Finland, toasts were made to ensure the growth of wheat. The most important feast in the fall, Kekri, was celebrated when harvest season ended. On Kekri, cattle were slaughtered for the winter and the beginning of a new year was celebrated. Poetry regarding the birth of beer and barley has survived from this time.

The worldview in the shamanistic hunting culture focused on nature. Humans were dependent on nature and game. The Shaman was the force that brought people together during these times. He was a spiritual leader. He conveyed messages between the worlds and explained to others how the cosmos worked. The Shaman was also responsible for keeping the order in the cosmos, which enabled humans to live side by side with the forces of nature and the spirit world.

Religious rituals that utilized the spirit world were performed to make every day life easier and more secure. Stones called seita were used as sacrificial and ceremonial places where hunting rituals and celebrations took place. People believed that nature and animals were under the protection of spirits. The strongest of these were the bear and the elk. Because of their strength, these two animals were strong totem animals as well. They were believed to be the protectors and the progenitors of particular families or clans. Totem animals were greatly revered

In modern times, Finnish Neopagans visit sacred forests, where wooden god-images or sacred stones can sometimes be found. Some celebrate the circling of the year at certain dates, for example by burning bonfires, dancing, sacrificing, or making other kinds of rituals. One ritual, which is also an authentic practice of the ancestors, is to drink a toast for the thunder god Ukko at the midsummer festival and also to plant birch branches outside of your front door for protection (from any malicious elemental spirits).

SACRED TEXTS

There is no ancient sacred text in Finnish Paganism. The ancient Finns were illiterate and so everything was passed down the generations orally. In 1833, a Finnish physician named Elias Lönnröt travelled around Karelia (now part of Russia – they stole it from the Finns in the Winter War in 1938 – bastards!) on foot to the elders of the indigent tribes and they told the saga to him and he wrote it into a book – The Kaelvala. The Kalevala is many things and even to this day it is a required part of the curriculum in Finnish schools. It can be interpreted on levels ranging from classic literature to sacred text although it is taught as historical literature in the schools. Kalevala is an account – in poetic form (this made it easier to remember and pass on) – of the methods of practice of the ancient Finnish Heathens. The importance of the Kalevala to the Finnish people is apparent as Kalevala Day (28th February) is a Finnish national holiday.

You can read the kalevala in its entirety online at the link given below.

ELEMENTAL BEINGS

Elves and sprites were greatly respected. They were grouped to different peoples by where they lived. There were earth people, water sprites and so on. They had many powers. Each of these groups could curse people with different ailments, which meant that people wanted to keep them content. Angry sprites and elves were very mischievous. They could also bless humans, if asked correctly. Farmers sacrificed to them in order to keep up good relations. If angry, the sprites could move the stones that marked a farms area, thus decreasing the land owned by the farmer. All humans were thought to have their very own elf or sprite that guarded them. Some thought these creatures were their own ancestors. Elves and spirits reflected the divide between the familiar and the unknown, as well as the divine and the everyday.

Haltija is a spirit and often gnome or elf-like creature in Finnish mythology, that guards, helps or protects.

Haltijas are divided into folks, which are called väki (magickal folk) and can be seen as (luck bringing) magical force. Magickal powers are caused by groups of haltijas. For example, if someone gets sick while swimming, this can be caused by väki of water that is attached to a person. In this sense väki is more like magical power of water that can make people ill, however, if someone goes fishing, they can ask for väki of water to bring fish.

• Väki of forest (metsän väki) Their leader is Tapio, the king of forest. It also means magical powers of forest.

• Väki of water (veden väki) Their leader is Ahti, the king of the sea. Veden väki is also magical power of water that can make people sick or heal them.

• Väki of woman (naisen väki) special magical powers of women

• Väki of death (kalman väki) means ghosts and spirits, but also magical power that can be found from graveyard. This power can make people ill, and it can also be used against other people.

• Väki of fire: (tulen väki) the destructive forces of fire and healing power of warm air of sauna

• Väki of mountain (vuoren väki) evil haltijas of hills and big stones

• Väki of wood (puun väki) power of wood material, which can cause for example pain if you are hit by wooden object

• Väki of iron (raudan väki) can hurt people which are hit by bladed weapons. Väki of steel can also be commanded to heal the wounds they have done.

Haltija väkis of different environments and materials were thought to be in conflicts with each other. For example, when wood is burned, it is an assault in which väki of fire is beating väki of wood.

TRANCE & RITUAL WORK

Finnish magick is pragmatic. The magician is not bound by any traditionally established ritual or method of practise. It is believed that the most powerful magick is born of spontaneity and creativity. The most important aspect of ritual for the Finns is the induction of altered states of consciousness through trance..

The ancient Finns were of the mindset that life is your preparation for ritual. The ritual itself is merely the projection of the magician’s personality to effect change, thus the magician should live a magickal life, the characteristics which should include attention, compassion, courage, intuition, spontaneity, imagination and of course sisu. Sisu is summed up in an old Finnish proverb – "Strong will takes a person even through stone.". The Finns have through history been noted for their resilience. Sisu is not just a positive attitude or bravery – it is a philosophy that what must be done will be done, regardless of the cost. It is a philosophy of integrity. Sisu has allowed the Finns to survive 42 wars with Russia – losing all of them. Sisu allowed the Finns to repay their war debts even when wealthier countries chose not to. Sisu sums up to an indomitable will and this is the secret not only of their survival but to their magick as well. Finns, unlike the Nords, were peaceful and benevolent people.. In fact, theirs is the only national epic whose central theme is not based around conflict, but when conflict becomes inevitable, the warrior enters into it with his or her entire being..

Finns were also Shapeshifters – and this is more attainable than one would imagine.. Amanita Muscaria was sacred to the ancient Finns as this assisted with shapeshifting and vision questing. Finnish Magick does not rely on spells and charms so much as it requires the magician to hone and use his/her own powers to effect change. As it should be.

LVX - Allison

The Stag of the Ancient Finns

THE KALEVALA

Finnish Paganism Represented in the Arts

Finnish Paganism is well represented in the modern art culture of Finland, especially the music culture. Amorphis is a well-known Finnish band whose music is centered around the Kalevala and Kanteletar. The content is unmistakably Pagan. The song playing in the background is of them – called "Summer’s End".

Summer's End

In the morning mist by the waning moon
through the woods she set on foot
With a sacred blade cut the berries down
Dug up the dreaded mandrake root

Tread my path to summer's end
This bequest I leave you she says
You will see what could be evergreen
Turn to copper and fade to gray

By the standing stones
Atropine eyes smiled at me
Sitting in a sluggish vertigo
Sands of time form another dream

No love without sacrifice
No life springs without decay
The final kiss is a wormy one
In soils cold caress to rest we'll lay

The cat...has a girl's nose, a rabbit's head,
The tail of a serpent's poison, a viper's claws,
And cloudberries for feet-as for the remainder of its body,It comes forth from the race of wolves."

- From the Magic Songs of the Finns

Hope that helps...Wink
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010 - 10:56

Christian Witches 637347 thanks for the link PRIEN. Christian Witches Icon_smile

Lots of information here Christian Witches Lol if it ok with you i would like to copy and paste this into note book to read again as its quite a lot to take in Christian Witches Lol but find it very interesting BIG THANKS Christian Witches 7110
Back to top Go down

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010 - 17:00

Hey sure thing. Wink

I don't mind you copying it for your personal purposes. It was the only site I've found - so far - that is like that...
Back to top Go down

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010 - 17:09

This part here: "Finnish Magick does not rely on spells and charms so much as it requires the magician to hone and use his/her own powers to effect change." ...is also very much 'me'. I am not a 'spell' person or a 'charm' person. Yes, I have used stones/crystals, essences, essential oils to help myself - but not in the sense of them being used in spells or as charms. They are used to help bring change within my body.

There is much about that site that helped me understand myself and how/why I go about doing things the way I do them. I've always felt like an 'outsider' because I have always been very pragmatic with my spirituality and what I do. Now since I found that, I feel more comfortable with myself as I know myself better. Wink
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010 - 17:17

Thank you Prien Christian Witches 7110
Back to top Go down

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010 - 18:37

No problem Wink
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches EmptyThu 16 Sep 2010 - 4:34

Amberain its one of those things you got to make your own mind up about. In its truest form Christianity is not about subscribing to one of the church denominations that formed or regular attendance and appeasing congregational members lol I never try. I get frowned on too sometimes. But have learned that not wearing your heart on your sleeve sometimes makes for less drama.

What I understand Christianity to be is being at peace with god and in communication with god. The advantage in this is you can call on that power you can protect yourself with it, and you come under gods protection, Christians cast out demons, pray things into being , work miracles if god gives you that gift and heal if god gives you those gifts.

The cost of this is giving up your free will a bit. Give up stealing stuff, adultery etc- all the things that are bad for you or would cause you shame if you are caught doing them (sin). Because no one can ever stop doing that stuff completely. God gave Jesus as the sacrifice once and for all to wash you completely clean of it forever.
In return for the great life you receive here and now, you wake up feeling acceptable to god every day and happy. God just asks you to pick up your cross and follow. It wont always is easy but it will be worth it, is a promise told to us and has been true to me.

I am not sure what witchcraft is designed to do but from what others told me it’s an attempt to alter life’s events to how you want them to be. With Christianities’ using the Holy Spirit and angels to achieve the same thing I guess making up your mind if they are compatible and not conflicting.

Something I recently learned the story about how you only use !0% of your brain is an urban myth and untrue you use all of your brain all the time. Everyone still goes around telling people this as though it is fact. In churches some of people never research things first before commenting they just repeat what they hear.
Usually its not a problem because its fairly reliable info but when it comes to witchcraft you are going to be up against stuff like the 10% myth, i.e. all witches to some people may be grouped together with Satanists out of ignorance probably because they never met one. Fear of the unknown may freak them a bit, leading to some discouraging comments.

If you are lucky enough to find genuinly loving open-minded ones, they accept anything and let god change people as he desires. I hope that helps with decision making a bit.

I hope that helps you I tried to write what christianity is to a christian so you can see if you want to be in fellowship with them and if you do how you might have to gently help with misconceptions. If we all act out of love there never is problems.

Im like you too, I dont fit the mould-a christian who sees auras around people but it works for me ok. its not really something i have to tell anyone. I feel not one bit less a christian because of it. its really ok to be this way! Smile

lots of love
Chris

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christian Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christian Witches   Christian Witches Empty

Back to top Go down

Christian Witches
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next