Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Does your partner share your beliefs?

Go down 
+9
Amberain
pluralone
chris
Medium Laura
balen13
Helen
Luna
mia
Libertas
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

Your Country : United Kingdom

Does your partner share your beliefs? Empty
PostSubject: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010 - 10:17

If you have a partner, does he/she share your beliefs?
If not, does it bother you?

My partner is great....he shares most of my beliefs and is very supportive of what I believe and what I do to practice my spirituality. He is also a very open minded man.

When I used to go to church, there was a woman who went who's husband did not share her beliefs at all. It really affected her, it was so sad.
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010 - 11:42

My ex would copy me. Say he saw spirit. When we knew he didnt.
Would follow me to the sp church, copy everything I did.
What was so sad about it though was, he was a very spiritual person, but didnt see it, he had to pretend.
He still does.
He is a natural healer too, a very strong one.
Its such a shame he doesnt use it.
Everything happens for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010 - 12:31

My fiance is psychic/gifted. He's really good....he told me some stuff about my family that even I didn't know, until I checked it with my mom.
He can sense if there is a "haunting" in a house and also if it's good or bad energy.
He can, if he wants to, communicate really well with his spirit guide, it's like he can actually have a conversation with him.
At the moment, he is not interested in developing this. We did work on it a few years ago but now he has other priorities.
But it's great that he shares my beliefs and doesn't think I'm a bit mad lol!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptySun 28 Feb 2010 - 23:38

My other half does'nt share my beliefs totally, he shares my belief in ghosts and some things supernatural, but not fairys, mythical creatures, and knows he does'nt believe in the 1 god, but not convinced in the goddess and god either.
But, he actively encourages me will buy me anything i need and has asked me to learn the runes.......He is so hard to figure out especially what goes on in his head. lol

He has just informed me while reading my response he believes in Paganism as it means he may get a free sh*g Does your partner share your beliefs? Fresse Does your partner share your beliefs? Affraid
brb going to lock him back in the cupboard!
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 19:48

Does your partner share your beliefs? 130647 @ Luna

pretty much the same here, my hubby fully supports me but doesnt believe all that I do and has a hard time expressing what he believe some times, which I understand if you know what I mean?

he asks me to write him wishlists that he can pick stuff of to buy me, which is great!
Back to top Go down
balen13
Lightworker
Lightworker
balen13

Your Country : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyWed 3 Mar 2010 - 5:36

She shares some beliefs and not others, so I would be more inclined to say that our beliefs are compatible but probably not "shared" as such.

Luna LOL I keep hearing about this pagan free shag thing, if its true I never got the coupon Wink
Back to top Go down
Medium Laura
Enlightened
Enlightened
Medium Laura

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010 - 1:41

AngelMutley wrote:
If you have a partner, does he/she share your beliefs?
If not, does it bother you?

My partner is great....he shares most of my beliefs and is very supportive of what I believe and what I do to practice my spirituality. He is also a very open minded man.

When I used to go to church, there was a woman who went who's husband did not share her beliefs at all. It really affected her, it was so sad.

My fiance' and I are both from different religions. He is Buddhist and I am Wiccan. We were raised differently as well, me Christian and he was raised Jewish.

The religion isn't the issue, it's the person's individual tolerance of allowing the love of their life to have their own uniqueness. We don't always agree on things religiously, but we also, as a couple don't agree on everything too. It's called life. How we tolerate and compromise with each other is the key to harmony.

Smile
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptySat 14 Aug 2010 - 1:32

my wife shares my beliefs we are very like minded even though we are both christian we have long known she has another gift like an intuition we dont understand. she feels she needs to do things.

like this- a few years ago when my gran was alive she was with her and felt the urge to make her call an old friend of hers. A few hours later he died. this coincidence thing happens often with her. while we both are christians we also experience some things we cant explain easily spiritually.
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 6:41

My beloved is not a spiritual person, but she's very interested in anything I share with her about my path. It's kind of a strange thing - and truly wonderful - that she's so accepting of everything I share her about my experiences, my spirit community, etc, and yet she's so shut down spiritually herself.

The bottom line is that we're compatible on a spiritual level, comfortable with and respectful toward each others' paths. We might butt heads over any number of things, but spirituality isn't one of them. *happy sigh*
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 9:42

Hello All Does your partner share your beliefs? Icon_smile
My partner tries to understand but has one uestion that i struggle to answer .......
If clairvoyance and psychics claim to speak and communicate with spirit then why don't they tell us what happens to us in the next life and do we get to meet our creator?
He says that" no-one knows for sure" who created us, so why don't the spirits that talk to us let us know? etc. Does your partner share your beliefs? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 13:48

Amberain wrote:
My partner tries to understand but has one uestion that i struggle to answer .......
If clairvoyance and psychics claim to speak and communicate with spirit then why don't they tell us what happens to us in the next life and do we get to meet our creator?
He says that" no-one knows for sure" who created us, so why don't the spirits that talk to us let us know? etc. Does your partner share your beliefs? Icon_rolleyes

It is so hard Amberain that question, I guess you really only get a peace about the uncertain questions when you
get a taste of the spiritual things yourself. it often takes that.
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 14:10

When my ex & I first got together I let him know that while I was raised with christian values, I didn't consider myself a christian... he said he was fine with that. At first it wasn't an issue at all, but as the years wore on he didn't want to hear anything about my beliefs and I was starting to delve deeper into them. He got to the point where he'd roll his eyes at me if I tried to talk about it and then stick his nose back in his horror novels.

The more spiritually inclined I became... the more distance it created between us. Then he 'threw himself' into spirituality once I told him that I wanted a divorce. He did everything he could think of to prove to me that he believed as I do because I had told him that I couldn't stay married to a man who didn't share any of my beliefs, who thought my beliefs were silly or ridiculous. He went way overboard with just about all of it and like mia's ex emulated me. I was to realize later that he'd always done that... emulated anyone he wanted to impress. The most vital thing that had attracted me to him was an 'act' that he put on for my benefit... and it was an act in which he just did what I did.

These days I know that I cannot be with anyone as more than just a friend unless we share quite a few of our spiritual beliefs. I just won't go down that road again, it's way too uncomfortable and my spirituality is far too much a part of how I live my life now.
Back to top Go down
Medium Laura
Enlightened
Enlightened
Medium Laura

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 16:02

Amberain wrote:

Because our creator is not a "being" it's an energy. I have written a book through my guides messages and they tell you just what it's like there, what level is what and why we die.

I've been there, I've died. You don't meet your creator because it's all around you. In a pink glow of love energy. You immediately feel it and KNOW this is your home, this is your creator.

Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 16:43

Does your partner share your beliefs? 773772 Chris and Medium Laura for the info Does your partner share your beliefs? 88116
it is a hard one ! Does your partner share your beliefs? Lol will read the reviews on your book Laura and get more info Does your partner share your beliefs? 7110
Back to top Go down
Medium Laura
Enlightened
Enlightened
Medium Laura

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 16:45

You can't make people believe what you do. I live with a buddhist fiance' and I'm Wiccan. We agree to be spiritual but we don't always agree on spiritual issues. We compromise by letting each other believe what they wish to and not fight over it. We are all right, religion is man made, only the spirit of source is who we need to know. All religions lead to one source, no matter what you call it Smile
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 19:34

Medium Laura wrote:
You can't make people believe what you do. I live with a buddhist fiance' and I'm Wiccan. We agree to be spiritual but we don't always agree on spiritual issues. We compromise by letting each other believe what they wish to and not fight over it. We are all right, religion is man made, only the spirit of source is who we need to know. All religions lead to one source, no matter what you call it Smile

give us a hug Yes that is true! Thank you and i agree totally.

My partner and i are always having conversations on this subject and we can agree to disagree if need be. He don't believe in all that i do but we respect each others opinions and beliefs xxx
hearts
Back to top Go down
Medium Laura
Enlightened
Enlightened
Medium Laura

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 20:09

same here Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 0:12

Hello

NOPE - calls it all 'Hocus Pocus" but embraces that its part of me and makes no judgement calls.

The question ask's share in beleifs. While one can have a partner that shares in one's beleifs too one can have a parner that does not share in them but is very much ther for them.

I have that situataion. Its rare mine comes to Church with me did for the Christmas Servcie. Stated to nod off to sleep so that told me it was a might painful lol to sit and hear the message given.

It was rather funny actually as me eldest came too that day and was going to I wake Dad up ? What if he starts to snore. afraid I would have died on the spot.

He found out early on there was something more to me than he really understood. Too I never fully understood who I was at 18, he had never not supported me. Knows that I have me path and what I beleive in and that I spend a lot of time writting on it and discussing it with other's.

What WE do not do is force the other's hand on a path. He has his and I have mine. We find common grounds. He had never seen me speak and I am not sure on how I would feel about that one....would that make me uncomfortable ? Not sure .

It all comes down to SUPPORT I feel. I would so not like Medium as a mate.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Medium Laura
Enlightened
Enlightened
Medium Laura

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 0:39

Mine used to not believe in "psychics or mediums" till he met me 6 years ago. So many times I've stopped him from doing something because of a bad feeling and it turned out to be right. I also have talked to his friends who passed on when he was a teen, giving him important details that I have no way of knowing. He's still a bit freaked out but today he came to me after I told him that I had a bad feeling about something, and it was right, He said you know.. I commend you on your abilities, you never fail to amaze me.

Now that! IS LOVE Smile
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 6:07

Does your partner share your beliefs? 286757 That is wonderful if your partner shares your beliefs!!!! Or, even is open-minded about them....Mine is not, but it is not his time and I must respect that also...
Back to top Go down
Mikkel
Seeker
Seeker

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 1:06

While my Partner Does believe the same as me, she says she has "Lost her way" in Spirituality, yet doesn't object to me attending Circle, or any Spiritual Service.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? EmptyTue 24 Aug 2010 - 1:38

Mikkel - is she looking to find her way? or is she not ready for that step yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your partner share your beliefs?   Does your partner share your beliefs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does your partner share your beliefs?
Page 1 of 1