Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Misty1
Believer
Believer
Misty1

Your Country : United Kingdom

who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? Empty
PostSubject: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012 - 19:10

As we all have different lives and different beginning and ends why do we only choose one version of someone's life as the reason of truth?

Who started spiritualism and why is their belief system the system people believe?
As we all have different guides not all guides are the same and share the same advice.
So what makes ones life story more important than anothers?

If your spirit guide told you different would you believe them?

Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012 - 22:46

great post misty, I personally think that each person views spirituality in a different way, I do not see it as say religion where you have the bible/qu'an where a set of rules are laid and you must obey to achieve enlightenment etc..

Am I on the wrong track here? or is this what you meant - before I write more I thought I had better ask !!
Back to top Go down
Misty1
Believer
Believer
Misty1

PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012 - 23:10

You are indeed on the correct track Helen love yes marm.
My spirit guide said to me or voice in mind....we made you how we seen you in our mind just like the way you see us in yours.we are so pleased how far you have come.you've been here for a very long time.

I asked why is space space?....we do not know why space is here?we do not know why it exists and we are unable to answer that as we are still looking for that answer.

I have many things that iv heard that I find interesting.

Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012 - 23:31

oh great, and I would love to hear them!!

Have you got a thread in 'your corner' yet? as this would be the perfect place to catalogue all you have and will hear from your spirit guide!

just go here:

http://www.ourspiritualhome.com/f35-your-corner

choose a name for your topic and then it is your personal space at OSH x
Back to top Go down
Misty1
Believer
Believer
Misty1

PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptySat 18 Feb 2012 - 15:39

Helen wrote:
great post misty, I personally think that each person views spirituality in a different way, I do not see it as say religion where you have the bible/qu'an where a set of rules are laid and you must obey to achieve enlightenment etc..

Am I on the wrong track here? or is this what you meant - before I write more I thought I had better ask !!
what are your views then Helen?what do you reckon?
Back to top Go down
Heavenlyangel
Spiritual
Spiritual
Heavenlyangel

Your Country : Australia

PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptyFri 9 Mar 2012 - 1:29

In many ways we all take what someone has told us in spiritual teaching work with it and then take what works for us. For me there is no one right teaching, it is a combination of what i have learnt along with embracing the inner wisdom from my heart.

I love this topic. Smile
Back to top Go down
simonk
Spiritual
Spiritual
simonk

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptySun 11 Mar 2012 - 2:34

I always tell people to own their beliefs. That is to say that if you have accepted a belief system on the basis of anyones experience but your own then it cannot be truly yours and you should not accept it until it is a part of you and you are part of it.

I would suggest that the first spiritual belief was not a belief but more of an understanding that in all things there lays an abiding spirit that binds reality and connects everything. This occurred long before the concept of "a gospel" was created.

some of the earliest evidence of belief in the supernatural goes back more than 50000 years although evidence that predates this period is not likely to be found even though I will contend that our prehistoric ancestors had a clearer and more intimate understanding than most people today.

The simplest understanding we know that has been known for as long as a million years is that there is a quality in the living that is not found in the dead. A great diversity of belief systems was founded upon it.

Just some thoughts

Sim

Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? EmptySun 11 Mar 2012 - 21:29

Hello

Interesting thought who started something . For me personally I see no start and no end to things they simply are. Time is a man made things and so is fitting I feel something into haveing a time frame or a starting point or therefore a starting person or even beleif.

I do not feel we come from any one place but from many places and we have brought forth with us many paths of knowlede. Much sadly might weill have not transceneded with us it we lacked another man made too being writting. To put forth an idea or spriitual fact or experience....and have it passed along. Much too has maybe been changed by the one that penned it as we do have our own thoughts that creep into writtings....even if its just copy work.

From the first spark of LIGHT in a creation of us I feel that our personal journey starts but we come forth with a Soul that has much much more with it....from many a journey and place in space.....

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?   who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel? Empty

Back to top Go down

who started the 1st spiritual belief and why do we take their version of the truth as gospel?
Page 1 of 1