Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Today, a child's question puzzled me!

Go down 
+6
Akyana
L'angel
zach
mia
Helen
olaimi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
olaimi
Novice
Novice

Your Country : none

Today, a child's question puzzled me! Empty
PostSubject: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySat 19 Dec 2009 - 0:42

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share today's experience with you hoping that we all benefit from the discussion.

Today, at the mall I met one of my graduate students with his wife and little wonderful child.

They invited me and my daughter to join them their lunch. So we joined.

naturally the social chat extended to logic reasoning about several things in our lives that we usually take for granted.

All of sudden, this amazing child jumped with a very simple yet complex question:
"Sir, why God choose to have a son from his own creation? why not he create a wife then have babies from?"

My jaw was as wide as it can ever be!

I would like to take this question to all to answer or/and discuss, and THEN I will continue the little story with this amazing child!

But, prior to that, I need to inform you with some background about her beliefs so we all have the same foundation:
1. She is a Muslim
2. Islam believes in Jesus are:
2.1 Jesus is a human and prophet
2.2 Jesus is not son of God
2.3 Mary is Jesus mother
2.4 Mary got impregnated by God's word through Gabriel the Angle
2.5 Jesus is still alive and in heavens now
2.6 Jesus was never dead nor he was killed (crucified)
2.7 Crucifixion was carried out to his traitor (and look alike) Judas
2.8 Jews are behind the treason, for Judas was Jewish.
3. Jesus will decent from heavens to earth to battle and kill the Beast
3.1 Jesus considered the salvation at end of times (Armageddon)
3.2 Jesus will denounce his "son of God" and affirm his humanity
3.3 Jesus will die after restoring the "real faith in God"

Now ... lets discuss the child's question Smile

Thank you

Olaimi
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySat 19 Dec 2009 - 15:56

Oh wow what a question - I will need a little time to digest this before I answer....

seperately I didnt know that Muslim belief is that Jesus is NOT Gods son - how can that be if he was born by the word of God through Angel Gabriel, so does this mean Jesus has no father?

Excuse my ignorance - I am not knowledgeable on Muslim faith.
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySat 19 Dec 2009 - 17:10

I wont join in this discussion cos my beliefs may offend.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySat 19 Dec 2009 - 19:57

please join in mia as everyone has a right to have an opinion - I am sure you wont offend anyone intentionally xx
Back to top Go down
olaimi
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySat 19 Dec 2009 - 21:00

Dear Mia ..

I apologies if the post was offensive by any means.
My apologies is extended to anyone else who read the posting and kept his/her silence with some or any undesirable/negative feelings.

I assure you, that it was never intended to either offend and/or undermine any entity, soul, God, belief and faith.

I would like to mention too that you have demonstrated a very courageous gesture by replying and letting everyone know what you feeling are. this is totally positive.

I also, would like to remind you that religious conflicts though out history had created the best platform for war between nations. hence it is truly difficult to be unbiased, for each and everyone have his/her variant level of depth of knowledge about specific subject, then side with the "known" rather explore the ever feared "unknown"!

I would sincerely appreciate your reply Mia, not only because I wish to know your point of view, rather I wish to assist you getting this undesirable feeling out for me to be able to recognize the conflicting points in principal, in order to avoid in future.

comparatively, I am positive that there are more points that we would likely to agree on rather than disagree. and if we simply build on our agreements, we would prolong the healthy buildup of the ultimate faith which is (in my own believe): "this life is a conduit to some "thing", that has an unknown origin/beginning, leading to an unknown terminal, and with a very mysterious paths!" and all creation is simply Cargo! Wink

Again, Mia, my apologies and would love to see your feedback, and I will never be offended from a free soul opinion because all have total spiritual independence and freedom of choice!

@Helen,
As for Muslim believe in Jesus as NOT son of God, that would be very suited for a separate discussion Smile

Thank you all for your tolerance.

peace and light to all Smile
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySat 19 Dec 2009 - 21:10

Olaimi

I dont think mia found your post offensive - she thinks that what she may reply may cause offence to you or others....

I look forward to the seperate discussion in time x
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySat 19 Dec 2009 - 23:18

Gosh Olaimi!
You did not offend me, no way!
I have my own beliefs on religion that some may find very controversial.
I don't fully understand all I believe/know myself.
I recently found some people who think like I do and we are slowly sharing our thoughts, cos we are shy about it even with each other.
This is exciting for me, cos it sort of confirms my thoughts/dreams/meditations.
I too dont believe god was Jesus' father.
We do have that in common lol
So, Olaimi you go ahead and talk, I'll listen xxxxx
Back to top Go down
olaimi
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptySun 20 Dec 2009 - 2:05

@Mia ..
Thank you!
Quiet a relief to be very honest Smile

@Helen ..
For quick snap back to "Jesus" being fatherless, Muslim belief is based on simple rational as their script (Quran) dictated to them:

"As for Jesus creation, for God it was similar to Adam creation, both are effortless by the creator who created all other creation"

Therefore, this chapter for Muslim is sealed! Smile and furthering the discussion about Muslim's beliefs that intersect and map to Christianity and Judaism ... I would agree to your point .. its out of our scope and indeed it would require separate discussion.

----- Back to the Amazing "Interrogation of a Child to me!" Wink
I asked her [the Child is a little girl around 11 of her age!]:
what do you think about that? [in reference to her objection that God not choosing a wife instead chose to "command pregnancy"]

She replied immediatly:
"if God had an offspring from his creation then his offspring shall look a lot like him! like my parents! everyone tells me I got my mother and father looks both are blended in me, and thats what you just said [referring to my admiration to her looks].
But sir, I am not say that God cannot have children, because if wants then he is capable [ouch nailed me there!] but I am saying if God chose a Human to bare his child, then can we deny the fact that God could or already chosen a cow to bare his child too? What about a tree? or Fire? or even Demon?" [My Jaw dropped to the basement this time!]

she paused for a moment to sip out her milkshake, and continued:
"how can a father become a father without a mother? is Mother of Jesus a God? I know she is not, then if Jesus Son of God, and Son of Marry the human, this would make him half human and half God of course this would make Jesus a Human-God! if I let myself to accept this then I can say to everyone who worship a cow that it is possible that your Cow is a Cow-God [ouch another punch to my intellect!], then I can say the same to anyone claim that his God is is Something-God! ahhh [she smiled] what about Water-God, Fire-God, Demon-God, Tree-God, Star-God, light-God, Dark-God, night-God, Food-God ... [and she went wild with her examples!] then it is everything-God that is if we accept that THE GOD would allow himself to have a Son from his own creation .. is that possible?" [She giggled and continued] ... no it is impossible because God is not that dumb to allow that to happen! therefore I have no doubt that God have nor son or wife!"

At that moment I felt like i was on a roller coaster ride! simply out of extreme complexity laid down in a paralleling extreme simplicity!

our chat continued, but I stop here to see your replies Wink
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

Your Country : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 5:41

For them (the muslims) Jesus is only a great mentor or a prophet that left and contribute great teachings about disciplines and spiritual beliefs
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010 - 23:58

Even though the beliefs and points are different and conflicting, I find them interesting. I am very open minded when it comes to other's religion.......each has the right to believe and practice, for the good of all beings? I have my own beliefs, that some may find different or disagree with, but they are my private thoughts, beliefs, and I keep them internalized (most of the time)! Does anyone find this strange or weird? I feel that some organized religions follow "rules" that may not have been created for the good of all beings and because of those "rules" they can become very judgemental...Just my thoughts...Thanks for reading.
L'angel
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010 - 0:09

L'angel wrote:
Even though the beliefs and points are different and conflicting, I find them interesting. I am very open minded when it comes to others religion.......each has the right to believe and practice, for the good of all beings? I have my own beliefs, that some may find different or disagree with, but they are my private thoughts, beliefs, and I keep them internalized (most of the time)! Does anyone find this strange or weird? I feel that some organized religions follow "rules" that may not have been created for the good of all beings and because of those "rules" they can become very judgmental...Just my thoughts...Thanks for reading.
L'angel

Good point L' angel
A friend of mine said to me that the most fundamental thing about us is what we believe about our religion, path, and others. Beliefs are at the root of everything we do. Those beliefs may be unexamined , illogical, and blindly tied to our vehement desires . But they are persistently shaping what we do. This is why priority must be given to what we believe and why. Nothing can mold human character more than thinking right about ourselves and our beliefs.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010 - 1:56

That point is well taken! We are the individual person by what we believe. Great comment.

Love and light
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 23:09

And in all of life, we need the strength, and supply of our beliefs. Our belief can give us feet that are swift and strong . Our beliefs can equip us all for all of the uncertainties of life, for our belief is our strength.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 23:13

I agree..
Back to top Go down
Akyana
Spiritual
Spiritual
Akyana

Your Country : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyThu 20 May 2010 - 23:24

olaimi wrote:

All of sudden, this amazing child jumped with a very simple yet complex question:
"Sir, why God choose to have a son from his own creation? why not he create a wife then have babies from?"

Now ... lets discuss the child's question Smile

Thank you

Olaimi

Well, I think Mary is Gods wife in a way, no? Today, a child's question puzzled me! Icon_biggrin
How do we know He didnt have some secret ceremony with her?
All that we know is She was the mother and God Father was the father.

Saint Anna asked for a child when old woman,
so God created His later wife as the new baby called Mary, simple Today, a child's question puzzled me! Icon_queen
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:47

Is'nt it cool how children are innocent and ask incredible questions from that. They are spiritually aware and feel things we have long forgotten- l hope we never take it from them.
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010 - 17:39

Thats very true.
Back to top Go down
Medium Laura
Enlightened
Enlightened
Medium Laura

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyFri 11 Jun 2010 - 17:52

I agree that this child was sent to actually teach. In all her innocence she actually "gets" it. Children question because they need to understand so that they can form their own beliefs and truths.

How wonderful is a child with such thought to think further into the realms. Who is to say that she doesn't really know that answer because she was recently born and remembers what we cannot about "heaven".

Religion is man made. To believe in a Divine light an energy that is within us and surrounding us is key. No one is wrong and maybe no one is entirely right. ahh the mystery of it all Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadowfox
Believer
Believer
Shadowfox

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010 - 4:17

God in essence is of all things, and a part of everything in creation, His essence resides within us and all things in creation, so why would he need to create a wife? All he would have to do is chose one. Even a tree, which has his essence in it, could conceive a child to the one that created everything. So in that respect the child was right. Jesus was born of immaculate conception, it was the energy of God that created him. This was so he would have human appearance, as for Jesus not dieing, and being in heaven, does this not sound like an ascended being? Much like Buddha, in my opinion.
This child has a great deal of wisdom for her age, and if she does not become hardened to life, then could very well be a spiritual leader.
A truly rare find indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today, a child's question puzzled me!   Today, a child's question puzzled me! Empty

Back to top Go down

Today, a child's question puzzled me!
Page 1 of 1