Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?

Go down 
+4
balen13
aneaglesangel
satya
wendy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wendy
Enlightened
Enlightened
wendy

Your Country : United Kingdom

Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyMon 1 Sep 2008 - 8:31

If you have any questions on the subject of the paranormal that you'd like to ask or just enquire about, then please leave them here.
Whilst we dont claim to be experts in this field, we may be able to point you in the right direction for help and support on certain matters , or simply share our own experiences with you that may help ease your mind xxx
Back to top Go down
wendy
Enlightened
Enlightened
wendy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyMon 1 Sep 2008 - 9:54

for each question please start a new topic so they we dont miss or over look them.
thankyou xxx
Back to top Go down
satya
Novice
Novice

Your Country : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySat 22 Jan 2011 - 5:08

Hi, my daughter has been able to see ghosts since she was about 8 years old. At one stage they really started harassing her, she can't hear them or communicate with them just see and feel them. When she gave birth to her son she stopped seeing them for a while, but she has started seeing them again, and they frighten her.
She has been told that in about 20 years she will become a well known and respected medium but how does she go about losing her fear of them and possible communicating with them, at least finding out how to help them.
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySat 22 Jan 2011 - 17:01

Hon, I think everyone sort of has a journey that they have to travel in order to face the things they fear. It took me a long time to put away my fears and face these things. I think somewhere along the line we realize that things were meant to be and then it becomes easier somehow. Most of the time facing our fears is the key, but how do we do that when we're afraid. For me, it was reading, researching and exploring the paranormal. Maybe she wants to read and learn more first. Later I decided the best place for me was in the paranormal world. So I started a team and have been in the paranormal ever since. To me, the more you learn, the more you face what you fear, the better off you are in the end. Give her time, give her education, give her support, when she's ready, she'll face what she is. I did, LOL! And to tell the truth, I'm having the time of my life doing it! Hugs!
Back to top Go down
balen13
Lightworker
Lightworker
balen13

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011 - 2:11

Hey Satya,

I can agree with ANE about this. It reminds me of a chapter of Joseph Campbell's A hero with a thousand faces: Chapter 2 - The call unanswered.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=I1uFuXlvFgMC&printsec=frontcover&dq=hero+of+a+thousand+faces&hl=en&ei=KNk8TejmN4KucOTi_JwH&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

Quote :
Refusal of the Call

Often in actual life, and not infrequently in the myths and popular tales, we encounter the dull case of the call unanswered; for it is always possible to turn the ear to other interests. Refusal of the summons converts the adventure into its negative. Walled in boredom, hard work or "culture", the subject loses the power of significant affirmative action and becomes a victim to be saved.

His Flowering world becomes a wasteland of dry stones and his life feels meaningless - even though, like King Minos, he may through titanic effort suceed in building an empire of renown. Whatever house he builds, it will be a house of death: a labyrinth of cyclopean walls to hide from him his minotaur. All he can do is create new problems for himself and await the gradual approach of his disintegration.

The first step (perhaps unfortunately) is hers to take, she needs to accept that this is part of who she is, once that is done she will be able to receive instruction and training such as:

http://canberraspiritualist.org/index.html

http://www.lucybaker.net/CanberraSpiritualityChurchMediumship.htm

Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011 - 20:41

I have a question. If ghosts are still hanging around does that mean they have not reincarnated?
Back to top Go down
balen13
Lightworker
Lightworker
balen13

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011 - 21:40

Yes they are in a state of preparation for reincarnation.
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyWed 26 Jan 2011 - 23:49

I think that's another question to which there is no one-size-fits-all answer.
My greater self has several physical incarnations that I know of, as well as one (again, that I know of) who's in a transitional place where s/he is, technically speaking, a ghost -- one who has incarnated into a physical realm and has subsequently left the body (because the body died) but is still hanging around the physical realm. It's my understanding that while many do reincarnate, some choose otherwise and take a different path.
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyThu 27 Jan 2011 - 2:52

when I dont have kids or a job I am going to ponder this and so many things. I cant wait to have time to wrap my brain around stuff like this. Right now i'm still trying to wrap by brain around parenting. lol
Back to top Go down
satya
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyThu 27 Jan 2011 - 10:00

Thankyou aneaglesangel and Balen for the information.
I'll pass this info on. I have another friend who already goes to the spiritual church. Lucy Baker is currently working in the media field so is not currently facilitating anything.
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyThu 27 Jan 2011 - 18:35

indigogirl wrote:
when I dont have kids or a job I am going to ponder this and so many things. I cant wait to have time to wrap my brain around stuff like this. Right now i'm still trying to wrap by brain around parenting. lol

Oh! i can so relate to what you are saying here.... September my youngest goes half day Woop! Woop! roll on September so i can really get stuck in lol!

I have a question.....
If ghosts are here because they have not passed over yet...then why don't their ancestors or Angels,spirit guides etc,come and help them to pass over?

Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 16:08

Something I read once about reincarnation made a lot of sense to me. I believe it was in "Return from Heaven" by Carol Bowman. She seems to think that (and I think makes sense) souls try to stay with the ones they love. That they will wait nearby to the people they love, waiting for the chance to reincarnate close to them. She says that this may explain some ghosts. That they are simply loved ones or family members waiting for a body to incorporate into.

I also think that sometimes there are things a spirit needs to learn. Maybe at times it can only happen in the spiritual plane. In looking at ghosts and spirit activity, I also think that at times, what a person's beliefs are can make what happens to them after death become real. For instance if a person believes they go to Heaven when they die, then their time in the spiritual plane may be in a place like Heaven. Or for some, such as Native American spirits, who believe that they would stay behind to become guidance to future generations, well, they may very well stay here in the earthly plane to do just that.

I think that in these cases, there are many possibilities. To be open to those possibilities is very important. For I don't think there's any right or wrong answer. And I do believe in free will. So what a spirit wants, or needs to happen has some bearing on what does happen when they cross over. But then again, I don't think anyone can really say for sure until.......

......the end........
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyFri 28 Jan 2011 - 16:08

....and then you can come tell me, OK? Smile
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySat 29 Jan 2011 - 16:01

Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? 7110Thank you angelsangel..... That makes things a bit clearer for me and yes i agree with the free will and no right or wrong answer.....will have a look for that book you talk of ....sound interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySat 29 Jan 2011 - 16:07

Oh, it was great! A couple of the stories were tear jerkers, but it was amazing. This Carol Bowman worked as an assistant to a doctor who worked on thousands of past life cases. I wish I could remember the dang doctor's name, for I think he has case studies available somewhere too. But yes, it was an awesome book, I think she also has another one about past lives but it's different from this one. I can't remember the name of it offhand though. Yup, I think you'll enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySat 4 Jun 2011 - 21:22

Ok this is the 3rd time im trying to write this as for some reason when i almost finish and press enter for a new line I lose everything and go back to home screen :-/
about 4-5 months ago I started smelling cigarette smoke in my bedroom, I have never smoked in my life and its a smell i really dont like at all. Its worse and stronger when i go up to bed 2-3am. and now in the last 2 months or so I can smell it in other rooms, my eldest daughter can also smell it. when ive asked my BF can you smell that he's says he cant, until a few weeks ago he asked me is our daughter smoking? Rolling Eyes now im also smelling sulpher aswell the smells are not all the time though.
Also i've started to feel really uneasy in my homeand will no longer walk around in the dark :-(
whatever/whoever it is wont talk to me, ive not asked it to leave just incase its just a lost soul (though i really doubt this now)
any thoughts on this?

love and light Luna xxx
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySat 4 Jun 2011 - 22:24

Usually when I have a feeling it's something negative I like to do an investigation to help try to determine what's going on. If it's just a human spirit it can still make you uncomfortable. Now the sulfur smell could be related to the whole cigarette smell and may not be the sign of a negative entity. Back in the day, before lighters and all, people used matches and they smell bad too.

I think I'd do a simple cleansing and blessing and see how this spirit reacts. It could be residual smells from a man or woman who lived there before who smoked and the sulfur is the matches. Could be something else, but without being able to be there it is very hard to say. Try the blessing and see what happens. If things seem to step up all of a sudden there might be a negative involved but for some reason, I have a feeling it might just be either a spirit who used to smoke, or a residual haunt of this person. Good luck and keep us posted hon! Hugs!
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySun 5 Jun 2011 - 0:44

I would also do a cleansing. And I have a silly 3-d based question. Do you live in an apt or duplex? might be neighbors if its not metaphysical.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySun 5 Jun 2011 - 23:45

hiya
i've lived here for 3 years and this is all quite recent, and i live in a 4 bed detached indigo hun xx

ive been able to sense spirits since i can remember but never ones that have hung around for so long

im going to do a cleansing when all kids back at school and otyher half is at work so its quiet :-) if that doesnt work im part of a group of 3 witches for will get the other 2 over and kick it out!

xxx
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptyMon 6 Jun 2011 - 1:52

Yeah I thought it was a detached house just wasn't sure since something similar happened to my cousin and his family. Turns out it was the neighbor sneaking smokes in his b.r and they shared a wall. hahaha. Sorry if I implied you wouldn't know the difference.

If you can't get em out the three of you sure will. Smile
Back to top Go down
wendy
Enlightened
Enlightened
wendy

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? EmptySat 11 Feb 2012 - 22:27

satya wrote:
Hi, my daughter has been able to see ghosts since she was about 8 years old. At one stage they really started harassing her, she can't hear them or communicate with them just see and feel them. When she gave birth to her son she stopped seeing them for a while, but she has started seeing them again, and they frighten her.
She has been told that in about 20 years she will become a well known and respected medium but how does she go about losing her fear of them and possible communicating with them, at least finding out how to help them.

the key to conquering anyones fear of the unknown is knowledge.

take it from someone who learned the hard way, i had no guidance as things were still pretty much taboo when i started my journey, things happened so fast and changed so often i didnt know if i was coming or going and worst of all i couldnt switch it off.

so i went looking for answers, i joined a forum that was practically ran by psychics, tarrot readers, mediums and sensitives and just read everything i could. when i gained enough confidence to ask out i did at all the different things id experienced, id wait till everyone gave their suggestions then compared them to different web answers and ideas.

the moment i started to understand how and why it all worked life became so much easier, however, if you choose to walk this path you do have to rule with a firm hand or spirit can and will take advantage at any given oppertunity.

respect goes both ways, so remember that guys and gals and all will be well Smile xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?   Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a particular question you'd like to ask ?
Page 1 of 1