Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

prayer beads

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

Your Country : United States

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: prayer beads   prayer beads EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010 - 22:32

does anyone here who is not Catholic use prayer beads???

I am assembling what I thinkI want to use to make me a set.
I am not Catholic or anything actually but am thinking maybe a set of beads to pray with might be useful

I am thinking like personal meanings that each bead will remind me to say a prayer for ...like kids....someone you care about..nature....a friend etc.

does anyone else do this?????

I am getting like add or soemthing as I get older rflho so thought maybe it will help me to not get side tracked when prayer meditating.

anyone got any ideas?????????????????///
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayer beads   prayer beads EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010 - 22:37

That is a good idea hun - as long as you remember which beads are which...
Back to top Go down
Mishkah
Seeker
Seeker
Mishkah

Your Country : none

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayer beads   prayer beads EmptySat 20 Nov 2010 - 17:12

I make my own chakra colours or angel beads I just go with my gut Even for praying for others I try to keep it simple not to get distracted For matters of the heart I use maybe green & pink It's fun
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayer beads   prayer beads EmptySat 20 Nov 2010 - 21:30

thank you Helen and Mishkah

I actually made a prayer bead ring today and made me a chakra strip as well to use while meditating on chakras.
prayer beads 10ru9vt
it was a nice proceses of choosing what gemstone beads and regular beads and symbolic pieces I wanted to add to them
a nd why they would hold special meaning for me. it was a nice process.

I have already used my prayer beads today...
prayer beads 2ufezcy
it was a nice process

my chakra beads are hanging here by my puter for me to see and use if I feel the need to go within.
prayer beads 9s6iwz

Mishkah ..since i beieve there are three heart chakras the male the female half and the regular one I did pink green and opal for the heart on my chakra strand. lol

it was a wonderful thinking exercise and the result is I have two wonderful tools for my personal use.
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayer beads   prayer beads EmptySat 4 Dec 2010 - 18:50

These are lovely Laura prayer beads 88116

Quote :
I am assembling what I thinkI want to use to make me a set.
I am not Catholic or anything actually but am thinking maybe a set of beads to pray with might be useful

I am thinking like personal meanings that each bead will remind me to say a prayer for ...like kids....someone you care about..nature....a friend etc.

This is a great idea Laura... got me thinking now..... quite fancy having a go at making some ..... each stone representing their own personal meaning prayer beads 286757 Thanks for sharing xxx
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayer beads   prayer beads EmptySat 4 Dec 2010 - 19:04

it was a nice trip....some beleive you need a certain number and all that jazz.. i do have a great link I can share on that..but thing is other then reading it and looking at the million ideas on it ..I found it all to much..it may actually resonate with you though
http://www.freewebs.com/sacredstrands/prayerbeadrosarylinks.htm#129640514

the simpler I worked it and the more I chose the beads and gemstones and a few actual necklace pendants and medalions that held meaning the better it became for me. The more value I placed on each stone or bead or item to a person or thing or emotion etc the greater it's usability became ..oooohhhhhh i just had a large purple orb flash in front of me ...which to me means,,,yes.... it is more important then bead counts etc....

i love spirit lol

for instance the two light pink side by side simple plastic beads from one of the kids left over stuff represents my twin granddaughters..the blue a grandson....the citrine point ...my connection to the minerall kingdom..etc...

I hope you have as much fun creating yours as i did
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayer beads   prayer beads EmptySat 4 Dec 2010 - 20:10

Will have to put a lot of thought into this and meaning to each stone and each piece i add etc ...i understand what you are saying here prayer beads 7110 Thank you Laura... will take some time but will i let you know how i get on xxx

Thanks for the link too! prayer beads 88116
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

prayer beads Empty
PostSubject: Re: prayer beads   prayer beads Empty

Back to top Go down

prayer beads
Page 1 of 1