Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this.....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this..... Empty
PostSubject: What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this.....   What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this..... EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010 - 2:55

Helllo

As a lot of ye know me here I thought I would explain some of why Helen had to tighten things up here a bit. OSH had a "Spammer" our very first one here.

Thus the RULE for 10 posts before access to PM's being able to be sent/received was put into place. NOTE most sites its 20 posts or even 3 MONTHS membership.

WHY we had a Spammer here send out over 20 PM E mails with a link. These links if OPENED can have a virus. This is not what OSH wants any member to be getting.

Too it is not unreasonable that as site asks that one's use ALL a site has to offer to them. That here is the wonderful threads we have going, the Chat Room and when posts are reacched PM.

Feel comfortable here open a 'Your Space' share some of what one is up to. Welcome new members, wish Happy Birthday to someone that it a member and it show's their Birthday. It all matters.

We are all a HOME here. The last thing Helen or any of the staff here wants to ever do is NOT make someone feel WELCOME.

A " Spammer is someone that opens an account for the SOLE purpose posting LINKS to advertising or personal sites they have. They are not a member or do they want to be a member in any way.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
the hermit
Lightworker
Lightworker

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this.....   What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this..... EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010 - 8:43

Thank you for sharing your thoughts
You have put your case well
And help others to understand
Why you did what you did
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this.....   What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this..... EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010 - 10:54

spammer = junk mail on internet. like the ctalogues you throw away in your letterbox
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this.....   What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this..... EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010 - 15:16

chris wrote:
spammer = junk mail on internet. like the ctalogues you throw away in your letterbox

Hello,

I like that one.

Lynn What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this..... 286757
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this.....   What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this..... Empty

Back to top Go down

What is a "Spammer" and WHY OSH needs to contol this.....
Page 1 of 1