Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Do you believe in salvation?

Go down 
+3
L'angel
mia
zach
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

Your Country : Philippines

Do you believe in salvation? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 8:56

May I know your thoughts, opinions, insights, or ideas about this?
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 13:58

I know I shall be ok when I pass from this life.
I know anything I have not yet learnt will either be taught to me or I shall experience it another time.
I don't know how I know, it's something inside me telling me so Smile
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 23:17

Yes, I also believe that I will be fine when I pass from this life. It is something that I have always known......
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 23:20

So maybe it means both of you agree that Salvation is deliverance from the penalty and power of sin?
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 23:30

safe from penalty and power of sin are pretrty strong words!
I believe everything happens for a reason, so a sinner sins for a reason.
Yes, even a murderer, rapist etc
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 23:46

I believe sin is a choice, for the most part. Depending on one's mental state a sin may not be a thought out choice, but an impulse.
I can not in my mind justify or reason out some sins, because they project no reason and seem senseless, at the time, as well as later.
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyFri 15 Jan 2010 - 23:54

I totally agree on what Mia said that everything happens for a reason
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010 - 0:00

L'angel wrote:
I believe sin is a choice, for the most part. Depending on one's mental state a sin may not be a thought out choice, but an impulse.
I can not in my mind justify or reason out some sins, because they project no reason and seem senseless, at the time, as well as later.

Why will you choose, say, or think a thought, word, or deed that will violates or falls short of complete conformity to the laws
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010 - 0:08

I do believe that the majority of events happen for a reason...whether it is apparent at the time or never!
But, some things are so senseless to me, I could not even fathom a reason for them, even after giving it much thought. I have asked about a few of them and "it is not for me to know at this time"????
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010 - 0:23

Zach, would you mind using simpler words for me to understand please lol
I am not being sarcastic, I just dont understand.

L'angel, I know someone who was sexually abused by her father, every day, sometimes twice a day for over 5 years.
She later learnt to forgive him.
However several years later, she visited a medium.
To cut a long story short, the medium told her that all the male members on her fathers side of the family sexually abused their children.
However, because she had forgiven her father completely, she had broken the chain.
So, the sin was meant to be, it was meant for her to be abused so she could stop future generations of abuse suffering and all that goes with it.
And it was meant for her father to abuse her.
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010 - 0:44

L'angel wrote:

But, some things are so senseless to me, I could not even fathom a reason for them, even after giving it much thought. I have asked about a few of them and "it is not for me to know at this time"????

Maybe because you dont want to discover the reason why they are here
Discovering for a great part involves the turning over of water-polished stones to see what they are about and to see what is under them. If you encourage yourself to see the stones or let you discover the reasons of some things that are senseless to you may experience the basic joy of life.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010 - 0:53

Zach,

Apparently, this understanding may be down the road for me somewhere...but at this time I can only express how I feel and where my thoughts and especially questions are led. I am sure that on some realm there is a reason for my feelings on this...right or wrong. At this point, I can not explain why I am being gently directed this way!
Back to top Go down
achilles
Believer
Believer
achilles

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010 - 1:20

I think salvation is eternally important than being saved from illness or loneliness.
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 16 Jan 2010 - 4:11

achilles wrote:
I think salvation is eternally important than being saved from illness or loneliness.
If I am a christian maybe I would agree on this.... since most people struggle to be saved from social embarrassment, poor health, poverty and discouragement, the issue of their eternal well-being is overlooked and minimized.
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySun 17 Jan 2010 - 0:43

You simply must clarify what you meant by your post!!!

Love and Light
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySun 17 Jan 2010 - 23:08

L'angel wrote:
You simply must clarify what you meant by your post!!!

Love and Light
What I meant on my post is that goodness or the eternal well-being of the person shall be be the one to be noticed and acknowledged not the loneliness of the people such as embarrassment, poor health, poverty, discouragement, etc. since the goodness is the factor that will deliver us from the penalty of our sin not the griefs of the people.

Struggle to be saved in the powers of sin by keeping the goodness in your heart and soul and not to be saved in loneliness since we all know that we cannot escape trouble and pain.
Back to top Go down
Bodhissatva
Believer
Believer
Bodhissatva

Your Country : none

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptySat 15 May 2010 - 10:42

Knowdlege is the way to salvation

thats what I believe
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? EmptyTue 18 May 2010 - 18:33

Hmm, tough question for me. I truly believe in reincarnation, I have a very strong past life memory that has stayed with me my entire life. But then again, what is salvation? Atonement for wrongs we've done? Reward for the good we've done? I'm not even sure I believe in salvation in the ways most people do.

And yes, they say everything happens for a reason, even murders, even child abuse. When you live these things, it's hard to understand things that seem senseless, and I think many times we do get the message, or lesson, but fail to see it. What we learn, and the actions we take because of it, is many times the lesson. Or maybe the people affected by atrocities gain some insight they wouldn't without the event occurring. Hard to say. Senseless acts do seem senseless, but it changes those affected by it in some way. Maybe that change, no matter how small it is, is what the event was needed for. Or maybe some things do happen for no reason. I can't say, for I am still on the path to reaching a higher understanding, and I'm probably only on the first few rungs of the ladder!

To me "salvation" would be reaching that higher level and maybe even beyond it. More understanding, more wisdom. Is that salvation? I don't know, but maybe once I get higher on the ladder, I would know. Should only take me a million lifetimes to reach, when I get there, I'll let you know! Maybe some of you will be there, too!

Note: Funny thing, I do still fear physical death, even though I believe that my soul will go on. Strange that I look forward to being with the one I love, that I know is waiting for me. It's more the physical part of it. I've had so much physical pain in my life, I want to go out peacefully, or in a blaze of glory, LOL, I'm afraid of the pain or suffering I may have to go through. But once that's over, I hope I'll be flying high, with the one I love once again! Hugs all!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in salvation?   Do you believe in salvation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in salvation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Belief Systems-
Jump to: