Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

How when did you start on your spiritual path?

Go down 
+5
david
Libertas
Silverla
mia
Helen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

How when did you start on your spiritual path? Empty
PostSubject: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyFri 9 Oct 2009 - 1:26

Please answer as honestly as you feel you can - long or short version and if you are happy to answer any questions....Heres mine:

I think I have always been on my path but with my eyes shut most of the way - as many others do getting caught up with work and relationships and children etc... then when I got married we went through a rough patch really early on and almost didnt make our first anniversary....(which thankfully we did and have not long celebrated our 10th) at that time Reiki found me so this was mid 1999 and from then on I decided that I was going to take my path more seriously - when I had Jack in 2002 my world and that of my family and friends changed when the anethatist(sp) put the epidural needle in wrong and damaged the nerve endings in my spine----a year or so thinking it would all get better then when I realised it wasnt I went full throtle into my spiritual path and although I have had times where I am far from spiritual I am always thinking of how I can make myself the person I am meant to be and the best wife/mother/daughter/sister/auntie and friend that I can be!!
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyFri 9 Oct 2009 - 14:28

That was reallyreally tough luck for you Helen.
I cannot imagine how you felt and you and your family coped with your unexpected disability7.
To be honest, I am very close to tears thinking about what you went through.
I'll do my answer later stretch hug
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptySat 10 Oct 2009 - 9:51

Reiki too started me consciously on my spiritual path.
I struggled to learn and understand what was happening to me.
I had a very short, intense awakening.
I experienced dizziness, amnesia, among many, many other things.
I knew something big was happening to me and I wanted to know what, how and why.
So I set to find out.
Along the way I learnt I had a lot of 'baggage' to lose and I found some wonderful people who were willing to help me.
Learning to forgive was a the first thing I had to do.
This was a huge catalyst (right word?) for me.
I lost a lot of my ego? and became softer, I am bad with words today lol
Then leaving my hubby of 38yrs, although it was meant to be, was another few months of cleansing.
And recently The Journey has done a lot for me.
Although I say 2004 was the start of my 'path, I feel I am still at the start and have a long way to go.
I learn little bits at a time, like a jigsaw and now and then, what I learn and believe and feel I have right, I change my mind on *sigh* ,
So, I think my answer has to be I am still starting.
Back to top Go down
Silverla
Novice
Novice
Silverla

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010 - 11:25

I have always had spiritual awareness from being a small child, I would well up with tears at stories told in school assemblies and I recall having a couple of experiences which I believed were angelic (will probably open up more at some point) as well as having OOBE/flying dreams from the age of 11. So in a sense, I was always on a spiritual path. I think the time I realised it was when I was 17-18 and studying Religion and Philosophy at A-level. I had an amazing teacher who really opened my mind up to a lot of things. By the time I was 19 I'd rejected organised religion. By a string of coincidences I read The Celestine Prophecy when I was 21 and it led to a lot more spiritual reading. I wanted to study crystal healing therapy for a long time before I did it: there were confidence issues that had to get worked out before I dared to take a course all on my own. Training as a crystal healing therapist, while I do not do it for a job now, was one of the most worthwhile things I have ever done and the teachings and other peoples' experience just confirmed beliefs and experiences I had had over my whole life.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyMon 2 Aug 2010 - 23:35

Thought this may be a great topic to reintroduce, have a read and add your own, if you feel you can!
Back to top Go down
Libertas
Lightworker
Lightworker
Libertas

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 17:30

I'm not really sure what started me on my path.
I feel like I have been like this forever, since I was a small child, but that different life events have sparked more interest so make me look into things more.
I've always been interested in alternative therapies, I had an out of body experience as a teenager and a few premonition type dreams. Plus, I always had accurate gut feelings.
I read about spirit guides and stuff like that. I read and learnt a lot but was never sure what I believed.
I think a big turning point for me was when I had an experience at one of the places I worked, which made me believe in ghosts/the afterlife. Things went from there really. That was about 7 years ago now.
About a year after that experience, I moved into a flat which was haunted.
That was the start of a difficult few years and I just wanted to find some peace.
I think I became "properly" spiritual about 18 months ago. Meaning, spirituality being something which is in my life every day, rather than off and on like it was before.
I definitely think it has helped me. I think it's cos I finally feel I am on the right path in life.
Back to top Go down
david
Spiritual
Spiritual
david

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 18:45

hi, great thread thank you,

like some here i started early, at the age of 4 when i burnt myself with matches.

i had an inward spirialing effect of awarness as i was in and out of consiousness from the burn that nearly killed me, i spent a year in hospital recovering after which i spent most of my youth in childrens homes and in between foster carers wondering why i am still alive.

i read my first spiritual book called Johnathon Livingston Seagul at the age of seven, I still have that book, I read several books on occult rituals and philosophy. From that age to 13 was a in inward journey of self discovery

since then i have been running from myself ignoring the path for as much as i can, Now i am back on it,,,,, with a will to be where ever it takes me learning to unblock and release whatever i am restricting myself on, there is a memory i have that i will never forget when i had some kind of experience when i was 13, it this.......

" a voice that seemed so far away calls me, it is from my heart it resonates, it becons me closer, as i do i know i must allow myself to be near enough to hear the message

yet i am still here.... listening to it"

smile

David
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyTue 3 Aug 2010 - 20:35

Hello All, How when did you start on your spiritual path? Icon_smile

Firstly, i would like to say to Helen how awful what you and your family went through How when did you start on your spiritual path? 7110i cannot express how deeply sorry i am.

I have only just started my spiritual journey, actually it was about this time last year that i joined another site but just couldn't fit in, i felt as if i was not experienced and well just never felt the way i do since joining this site, on that note i feel i need to give you all a big hug How when did you start on your spiritual path? 804830

When i was a child i can remember seeing 3 figures at the foot of my bed, all in robes and descending in height, i can remember feeling scared at first but then the tallest one smiled at me and i felt loved and warm .
I also saw my boyfriends brothers spirit when i was 15 years old and have always felt unable to talk about it openly up till now lol.
I do feel i have strong instincts and hope i can develop and grow and learn all i can and i know that since i have opened up i feel things flowing,
Thank you all How when did you start on your spiritual path? Icon_smile
Hugs xxx
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyWed 4 Aug 2010 - 22:18

How and When did me Spiritual Path Start ?

Where did the journey begin ? Well for me the moment of conception the moment I was made . I then came forth with the Guide’s I have the “Gifts” or “Abilities” I have, the knowledge of them I had locked in me.

Where the first memories go to a Spiritual path, well that is at the age of 6 when I can first trace the Medium in me. To that graveside and open casket funeral I was at for whom is still a mystery. That is the day for me the path really started. I was carried off by me Dad screaming that I could see and her them. I got to the car and me Dad “TOLD” me never to talk on what I say and heard and I knew he meant it.

I went so much farther inwards from that day….being already shy deeper to that place I went. I never talked on that day til recently BUT I did ask questions on what I say and heard to one’s I thought might well understand. The Father of the Church to get no real answers but to prey to God and to do me readings and lessons.

When I understood what a spiritual path was came in at the age of 13 when I started to re bell from the family faith and Church. Gone for GOOD at 16 from God.

Now I can look at it all from the full picture I see that it was all a part of life lessons that came to make me whom I am now….the hard lessons were learned the path never lead me back to God, but made me see God. See the possibly of God. To be able to see the value in all faiths clearly, and embrace the lessons in all of them.

We are all children of the Universal Light and we all have a Spiritual Path.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Mother Goose
Spiritual
Spiritual
Mother Goose

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? EmptyThu 5 Aug 2010 - 2:11

Wow... there are some very interesting stories in here. Thank you all for sharing them!

For me it began when I was about 30. I had never been raised in any particular religion, my mother had always told me that a choice of religion was up to me and she would answer any questions I had about different religions as thoroughly as she could. And since she'd taken many religion and history classes, she was able to answer pretty thoroughly. Smile None of them seemed to 'fit' me. I had no real like or distaste for any of them, but always believed in reincarnation, 'afterlife' and soulmates. It seemed to me to be a silly thing to believe we'd never lived before and would not live again, but it wasn't something I ever gave much thought to.... it was just something I KNEW without having to be told.

When I was 30 I was living with my husband at the time, our 4 yr old daughter and a newborn baby boy. One day my husband came into the kitchen and his eyes got huge when he saw me and he said, "We're gonna have to move, I won't live with ghosts." I knew we had ghosts, so I didn't think much of his comment... at that moment it just meant that he'd finally realized our house had spirits, but about 5 min later I HAD to ask him if the ghost he saw looked like me. It had... he thought he'd seen me walk from the kitchen to the bedroom... only the person he saw was wearing a white shirt instead of the purple one I was actually wearing.

When I was a teenager, I'd had a similar experience with my mother... she'd seen me in the living room when I was SUPPOSED to be cleaning my room. She was very surprised to burst into my room, expecting to see the mess I hadn't cleaned up yet, but instead she saw me steadily putting things away. The 'me' downstairs had been wearing a white dress and had her hair braided... my hair was down and I didn't even own a white dress. lol

Well, when I started looking at those things I wanted to know who this person was who looked like me and was following me around. I joined a paranormal website to see if anyone had any answers for me... they didn't. Lots of suggestions, but no real answers. But I liked the people there and found myself turning toward a more spiritual line of thinking the longer I stayed.

Where Reiki was a catalyst for a number of you... for me it was affirmations. The owner of the board was concerned about some of the serious issues I was having in my life at the time and in her desire to help me she sent me Shakti Gawain's Creative Visualizations. I am very grateful to her for nudging me along my path... because once I started I couldn't get enough and found myself looking for more and more confirmations of what I already knew to be true. I was delighted to find that there were others out there who shared my beliefs! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How when did you start on your spiritual path?   How when did you start on your spiritual path? Empty

Back to top Go down

How when did you start on your spiritual path?
Page 1 of 1