Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Short history of reiki

Go down 
+2
zach
Helen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

Short history of reiki Empty
PostSubject: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyThu 7 Aug 2008 - 0:47

Reiki History

Reiki history has changed over the years as new information is uncovered. Plus, there's a lot of theories about where Reiki came from, but there has been little confirmation of most of these theories. Reiki healing techniques are common to many ancient cultures - Tibetan, Chinese, Roman, Egyptian, Greek, and Indian. The Reiki now commonly used is thought to come from Tibet, then found its way to Japan. The healing modality was lost, rediscovered in the 1800s, then spread around the world.

According to esoteric Japanese history, Sonten or Sanat Kumara was the first teacher on earth of the laying-on-of-hands healing system known as 'Reiki.' Legend states that Sonten/Sanat Kumara arrived on Mt. Kurama in Japan approximately six million years ago and many believe his spirit still dwells within the mountain. Today, high upon Mt. Kurama, a shrine dedicated to Sonten is daily revered by Buddhist priests and his dedicated Japanese worshippers.

Reiki was "re-discovered" in the late 1800s by Mikao Usui, a Japanese educator, who was one of Sonten's regular worshippers. A Japanese Buddhist, Dr. Mikao Usui went fasting and meditating for 21 days on the holy mount, Kurama, in 1914. During this period he experienced a satori, a realization of enlightenment, and Reiki was re-discovered and his teachings unfolded.

The system of Reiki Healing that evolved from Dr. Usui's method is called the Usui System of Natural Healing or Usui Reiki Ryoho. One of Usui's students, Hawayo Takata (1900-1980), a woman whose illnesses healed following Reiki therapy in Japan in 1935, eventually came to the United States and was responsible for teaching Reiki masters now living in North America, which helped to spread the practice of Reiki throughout the world.

Source: http://www.healingreiki.com/reiki_history.html
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

Your Country : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 5:28

I am not fond about reiki but as I read the facts about this subject... I became interested.

Thanks for posting that Helen
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 9:37

How can you not be fond of reiki????
Reiki boosted me on my path.
Reiki helps millions of us each day!!!
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyMon 4 Jan 2010 - 23:19

well healing is not my passion... hahaha Short history of reiki Lol . I tried to study healing arts but unfortunately it appeared to be their teachings, disciplines, and principles are still outside my consciousness
Back to top Go down
achilles
Believer
Believer
achilles

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010 - 0:15

Zacharias wrote:
well healing is not my passion... hahaha Short history of reiki Lol . I tried to study healing arts but unfortunately it appeared to be their teachings, disciplines, and principles are still outside my consciousness

does it mean you dont know how to heal?
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010 - 1:09

achilles wrote:
Zacharias wrote:

does it mean you dont know how to heal?

No...AHMM...

oKay.. to make things clear...

let just say I am not skillful in healing arts.. esp.. reiki

but I have knowledge on some forms of healing

like alum healing
Back to top Go down
achilles
Believer
Believer
achilles

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010 - 1:11

alum healing? what is that...

what is an alum?

sorry that is not very familiar to me
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010 - 1:44

achilles wrote:
alum healing? what is that...

what is an alum?

sorry that is not very familiar to me

I know many people like you are not familiar with his word, because within 25 years whetting our language and improving our dictionary it is hardly to accept that there is only a very little development of the meaning of an alum

According to a lexicographer, the alum is a crystal that usually sold in sidewalks and used as removal for body odor and as cleaning water.
But others say even that the alum also refers to the treatment of illness caused by bad hex, our thoughts, language, and awareness is still poor to accept the modern understanding of the meaning of alum.

But I will give you a good sense of additional meaning of alum to help in giving clear here:
The alum healing is a form of diagnosis or reading to physical illness, astral, emotional, mental of someone.

Oh... wait a moment we are now getting out of the topic... don't worry achilles I will discuss it for you in other thread regarding alum healing or in PM
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
lisahey
Believer
Believer
lisahey

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptySat 25 Sep 2010 - 2:18

helen do you mind if i share this wit a friend elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptySat 25 Sep 2010 - 17:55

sure - I would be grateful for a link back here if thats ok xx
Back to top Go down
lisahey
Believer
Believer
lisahey

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki EmptySun 26 Sep 2010 - 23:54

for sure..thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short history of reiki   Short history of reiki Empty

Back to top Go down

Short history of reiki
Page 1 of 1