Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

The Holy Grail

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Valkyrie
Mage
Mage
Lady Valkyrie

Your Country : United Kingdom

The Holy Grail Empty
PostSubject: The Holy Grail   The Holy Grail EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012 - 12:44

The Holy Grail is, of course, reputedly the chalice
from which Jesus drank at the Last Supper, given to him by his uncle,
St Joseph of Arimathea.

It's deeply bound within Arthurian myth in which the knights Lancelot,
Galahad and Perceval searched for the Holy Grail to bring back the
fertility to the wasteland and to Arthur's dying reign itself. Only
Galahad and Perceval were pure enough to see the Grail, and only
Perceval was able to release its power and heal the land.

I read an interesting article about it in a magazine. There are a
few snippets and chalice rituals which I will share later in the week (remind me if I forget).

But for now...

Do you believe in the Holy Grail myth?

Do you believe it ever was found again after Jesus' Last Supper, by the knights of the Dark Ages or anyone else?

Do you believe it's still out there somewhere? For real, or as an energy?

What sort of power do you think it holds?
Back to top Go down
simonk
Spiritual
Spiritual
simonk

Your Country : Canada

The Holy Grail Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail   The Holy Grail EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012 - 23:09

It is not the grail I seek. I seek a shrubbery. A legend or a metaphor is appropriate. Given the best known details of the origin of the story I take it as a metaphor for seeking the ultimate truth. Why are we here and all that. I think the legend is about 1000 years away from the truth. Just imagine though.....what if it existed. Christ likely did drink from a cup or eat from a bowl at the last supper. Perhaps soe of his blood may have been gathered in something owing to the peoples belief in his divinity. Seems like something people would do for someone so special just to hold on to them somehow in some way. Who knows. Some clever authors may well have outed the greatest secret never told or known. Stirs the imagination though.
Back to top Go down
the hermit
Lightworker
Lightworker

The Holy Grail Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail   The Holy Grail EmptyFri 14 Sep 2012 - 7:11

Our lives are full of such things
It is what makes them interesting
Back to top Go down
Lady Valkyrie
Mage
Mage
Lady Valkyrie

The Holy Grail Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail   The Holy Grail EmptySat 15 Sep 2012 - 15:35

Sim, I love that film.

I am sure that indeed there was a chalice used by Jesus during the Last Supper. However I believe that the Holy Grail as it is called is more of a metaphor for the elusive knowledge held by our ascended masters such as Jesus. Whether the original chalice is actually still out there as an archaeological artefact I do not know...and how anyone would prove it was genuine is also debatable. The knowledge, for sure, is out there. But whether we can aspire to that knowledge at our current stage of evolution, I do not know. The energy of "the Grail" is simply the source of power, I think. Where does our power come from? Our knowledge and understanding, and the force of our love...and as we achieve more of the three, then the closer we are to holding "the Grail". Those are just my thoughts you understand. I find it fascinating.
Back to top Go down
simonk
Spiritual
Spiritual
simonk

Your Country : Canada

The Holy Grail Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail   The Holy Grail EmptySat 15 Sep 2012 - 17:56

I think that it isn't important whether many of these symbols are real because the information and ideas they convey are of increasing value to us. perhaps legends evolve as a response to the global consciousness' need to evolve. I say this often about the bible. Are you believing in the bible or any other body of work,philosophy or history or believing in the word and the ideas.. It matters not who wrote it or when. Does it resonate in you. let's face it, a lot of our knowledge is second hand so how do you determine what is truth. It's a personal thing. If it inspires you and better if it inspires you to higher ideas and ideals and better ways to be and there is fruit in the pursuit then; Who cares if it's legend or historical fact. What we call it or how we perceive a limit upon it does not diminish it.

To me; we all have our "grail". That thing we seek. That nugget of realization, truth and perception that fosters our hopes and trues our aim. The possibility makes us steadfast and resolved in our efforts. It makes us strive for greater things and with each, passing through, we seek yet another quest or a continuation if discovery falls short of expectation. Perhaps it is the nature of our being as explorers in this living spacetime to always be upon the quest. Perhaps the grail we seek may never be found but then; there is more of discovery in the journey than can be found in it's ending. All endings are always new beginnings.

Thank you for sharing

Simon
Peace be upon you!
Back to top Go down
Lady Valkyrie
Mage
Mage
Lady Valkyrie

The Holy Grail Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail   The Holy Grail EmptySat 15 Sep 2012 - 18:04

"Perhaps the grail we seek may never be found but then; there is more of
discovery in the journey than can be found in it's ending."

And perhaps this is the point of "the Grail" in terms of the ultimate secret, the ultimate knowledge, the ultimate arcanum: not to find it in and of itself necessarily, but to undergo the learning and growing journey necessary to strive towards it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Holy Grail Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Holy Grail   The Holy Grail Empty

Back to top Go down

The Holy Grail
Page 1 of 1