Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

as Paul said, "I die daily".

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

Your Country : United States

as Paul said, "I die daily".  Empty
PostSubject: as Paul said, "I die daily".    as Paul said, "I die daily".  EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012 - 8:19

Bobbieboy used a phrase rather a quote/reference from the bible by Paul the greatest Christian to ever live...

Okay this won't leve my head and it is 3 am for me and a major insomnia attack has insued...

BUT BUT

As my head has roled that around several times since reading it it rings so very true in so many ways.

In a sense once goes to bed .....then we sleep the sleep death... to awaken to new life or rebirth daily.

and

Often through the day we shift into daydream or almost catatonic states of mind so in returning to the NOW state from the out there state of energy/mental being we again many times a day die and are reborn.

welcome a discussion and thoughts on this as well from any and all

what do you think on that simple little quote??????
Back to top Go down
simonk
Spiritual
Spiritual
simonk

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: as Paul said, "I die daily".    as Paul said, "I die daily".  EmptySat 21 Jan 2012 - 16:05

The quote is from 1 corinthians 15. verse 31. there is a greater context to it that should be understood.

"I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die. 33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame."

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: as Paul said, "I die daily".    as Paul said, "I die daily".  EmptySat 21 Jan 2012 - 18:29

I am very familiar with Biblical texts
I WAS NOT referring to the entire verse..I was referring to just the I DIE DAILY part....
that 3 words held so much meaning....
Back to top Go down
simonk
Spiritual
Spiritual
simonk

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: as Paul said, "I die daily".    as Paul said, "I die daily".  EmptySat 21 Jan 2012 - 19:34

I'm sure you are but others and myself may not be as well versed in biblical text as you are so i offer the passages and Chapters. It is my habit to cite resources I use or offer citations when none are given, if i know them or can find them. I know you were not referring to the entire verse. You asked for thoughts. My thought was that you have to at least look at the context in which the thought was originated to find at least, Pauls meaning. What it means to each of us is another matter entirely..perhaps.

If I look at the phrase out of the Christian context then i can think uniquely. I think Paul was telling us that if we live our lives believing in and being like christ, knowing christ died for our sins and was resurrected then by extrapolation we can die each day, awake in righteousness and in a form be resurrected free from the burdens of the previous day. Important if you don't feel you are living quite up to your potential as a Christian which is a perception of some of the concern of the day in 1 cor 15. I think.

In other terms we can Die moment to moment. it's the thing about time is that nothing ever stays the same so every moment is a second chance to live, do, or think better or be better. That is; if we actually seek and act to change ourselves otherwise you might as well call life a living purgatory of endless days without change or growth. Again with the Christian context; He's saying that if we sinned yesterday, because Christ died for our sins, we can wake up in the morning, righteous if we go forward and sin no more so Christ did not die in vain. Outside the Christian context; if you wake up in the morning and act on your conviction to change and grow then you are new born to a new life and through right action, a new you.

Hope that clarifies my thoughts

of Love and Light

Sim

laura ann wrote:
I am very familiar with Biblical texts
I WAS NOT referring to the entire verse..I was referring to just the I DIE DAILY part....
that 3 words held so much meaning....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: as Paul said, "I die daily".    as Paul said, "I die daily".  Empty

Back to top Go down

as Paul said, "I die daily".
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Belief Systems-
Jump to: