Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

EFT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

Your Country : United Kingdom

EFT Empty
PostSubject: EFT   EFT EmptyWed 14 Sep 2011 - 12:24

thought id tell you about emotional freedom therapy, better know as EFT or magnus tapping.
my chiro colleague bullied me into trying it the other week. he had been
doing it for a few weeks and he felt so much better after a few days.
he has a lot of stress going on his life and lots of baggage. the effect
on his muscular system was amazing. so i get bullied into trying it. i
look deeply to find an issue i have buried deep.swore i didn't have any
though. found one maybe and started the silly routine and found out its a
HUGE issue. wow, that knocked me back a bit. you give yourself a rating
out of ten. ten being high, well mine was millions. shock. then you
locate where you feel the emotion and it was my stomach. felt sick doing
the ritual. after a bit you go back to the emotion and rate it again,
this time it was only 5 and it had moved to my throat. so im pretty
impressed by this time. i believe its a re programming the mind in what
ever you wish to deal with. be it forgiveness, anger, pain. i also told
my mum to try this. she has extreme anger issues which she does agree
she has, eye pain, back and knee pain and a cough for years. she says
she did it twice in one day and the next day she was able to do 5 lots
of washing, put it all out on the line and bring it in and iron it and
put it away, clean her lounge and bedroom and a few other things, with
only 2 rests instead of 25 rests and not being able to do as much. she
is flabbergasted as she says. so now she is working on her anger issues.
so next time i see her i wont recognize her. im going to do mine on
sleep problems and the rest of the school problem and might try to
brainwash myself into finding my blokkies snoring a pleasant sound
instead of annoying death thought sound. give it a go, theres loads of
sites to look at. i go through via this one http://www.Tapping.com
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011 - 0:08

Hello

I had a friend use this with me. I was HMMM on the idea. As there was a spider on the wall by me computer and I so wanted to take the computer and move to another part of the room. He said lets try and clear that fear. I was again HMMM....

We did EFT and and released the childhood fear memory I had. Two days later the same spider landed on the touch pad of the computer....and NORMALLY I would have screamed and ran from the room.....I just sat there and said to him OMG there is a spider on the computer. I am so glad that I looked up the spider too after I put him safely outside as dam if he was not on the ENDANGERED SPECIES list for the area I live.

It works !!!!!

Lynn
Back to top Go down
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011 - 6:43

Hi Lynn,
I totaly get the "hmmmm" you thought to. weird isnt it. Im really not into doing set rituals set by others, thats my "hmmm" point of resistance.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011 - 4:47

Hello

I have been thinking about why the HMMM comes in and why at times the avoidance goes up with one's to other methods or rituals.

I think part of it might well be the part of the unknown and we are putting out trust into other's as many times that trust involves us on an emotional or phsycial level. To let that in for us we have to have set up trusts and resepcts from the other we will be fine.

I know when I was doing me Reiki I was wary on that door opening to another I did not know to do work on me.....I think the more sensitive one is that more those walls of self protection maybe go up. Its not a bacd thing really.

We too need to learn to trust in other's as no one can do the path alone, that is where sites come into play where we can learn about different things in a clam place.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011 - 6:46

so true. I find if I dont trust someones opinions no way will i open up and allow them to do whatever or get me to do whatever.
this makes it rather hard in situations such as reiki attunments. i had real trouble allowing it.
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

Your Country : United States

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011 - 20:03

Don't you think the 'hmmm' also comes as a response to there being so many sham therapies out there? I mean, look at all the fads that have come and gone, the folks who have made loads of money selling what is essentially snake oil to the gullible. Then add to that wariness just the idea of tapping - tapping! - as a way of healing, and it's no surprise to me that folks stand back and say 'hmmm'.

I had an experience with EFT myself. This was at the herb shop where I worked. Every week a woman came in to use our 'foot detox' machine (another fad that's very useful but not to the extent that it's the cure-all its manufacturers promise). We'd set her up in the back room with the foot spa, and she'd do an EFT session while her feet soaked. She talked a lot about EFT but it didn't make a lot of sense to me, so I listened respectfully and asked questions but refrained from comment.

One day when I was setting up her foot spa she noticed that I was making faces, and I told her I was having some pain in my right side; just had slept wrong or something, and it left me with sharp, intense pain whenever I turned at the waist. She invited me to sit with her, and offered to do an EFT session with me. I really didn't want to do it; I just thought it was too, I don't know, silly I guess. But I couldn't think of a respectful way of turning her down so I accepted, and dang if the pain wasn't completely gone when she'd finished! Took about twenty minutes. Impressive.

And, no, I don't think it was just because I'd been sitting and the kink had a chance to work itself out; I was very tense during the session because I had other things I needed to do and felt I was wasting my time. That's not conducive to allowing the body to readjust itself. No, I believe the EFT was the reason for the relief.

The woman gave me a notebook with the materials on how to do EFT, and after that I did it for quite a while - with good results - and I can't really explain why I stopped, except to say that the technique, even though I knew from direct experience that it worked, didn't resonate with me for some reason. In fact, I felt a strong intuitive dissonance with it, and I finally had to stop just because it felt 'wrong' for me. Strange but true.

And I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with EFT; I know it works. There's just something about it that my greater self isn't comfortable with, and I trust that part of me even when it seems to go against reason.

I'm glad to hear that it's working well for you, though, twinks! Perhaps I'll get the materials out again and see if anything's changed for me there now that I've been through this big 'shift'....
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 1:19

Hello

Good discussion as for one's on that path or thinking about that path of Reiki or other healing methods that there is an "allowing" invoved be ready for that. I know full well now that if I had not had the Kundalini Awakeing I went throgh there is no way I would have been able to complete the Master Level of Reiki.

I knew well the teacher I was going to have and I so trust in her energies and the place she comes from. I did not KNOW either of the woman in the class with me. That was a HUGE learing in trust for me. While I can openly read other's out of great respects I do not do so. I put the trust in the teacher I knew that she knew these other's and things would be fine.

In Level One when we were learning the hand positions...and we took our turn on the table I felt so calm with the one working on me I fell a sleep. I was even snoring LOL. Much to eveyone's surprise as I do not open to be in that calm space much.

What one does really is bring along what one normaly has with them for me that was a crystal and a cleansing ritual. Guides are always with one and for me so was a friend's animal guide.

The rule of thumb is if something feels off then most likely there is a reason for that feeling and we should listen well to that.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 13:59

if something feels off ....well everything that has to be learnt as this way then that feels off to me lol i had enourmous problems while learning my different massages. but i make myself comply till i pass. have i mentioned my counceling course i did?
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 14:33

twinks wrote:
if something feels off ....well everything that has to be learnt as this way then that feels off to me lol i had enourmous problems while learning my different massages. but i make myself comply till i pass. have i mentioned my counceling course i did?

Hello

No and do tell please.

I have to feel that if it was not right to do no matter how much forcefullness went forwads nothing would have come of it. To me there has to be maybe even on a subconscious level some acceptance of doing something. The hardest thing for me is the simples thing for many a "hug" man I dont care for that action....but at the Church I be at there is a "Greater" at the door and most expect that hug embrace....I had to really open to being safe in that place and in accepting that it was ok.

When it comes to Reilki as I can produce energy that is felt without me touching another, it seemed a good fit. I can do Astral Massage so I have to wonder on the whole NEED for one to one touch LOL unless it invoves this.....EFT 216998 . Kidding of course what it be mostly is pickihg up the energy of others and that can be balanced out.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 19:38

oooh astral massage, please please, realllll hard too especially round the shoulders pretty please no pressure but PLEASE Very Happy of course you dont have to, teasing, i should be asleep all going well uk time 11pm Very Happy
oki shall post about my counceling course
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 19:52

Great post twink - thanks, I have the manuals for EFT but have yet to read them - its the hmmm thing lol!!
Back to top Go down
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 20:22

counseling course episode..
when i was doing my aromatherapy massage course, part of our training
was to do counseling as some clients tell you stuff and we need to
respond in a professional way. i really didn't want to do this
counseling course in the first place and as i worked i couldn't do it
with the rest of the massage girls ,as i slotted my massage learning in
with the girls who spent all day at college doing various other stuff. i
popped along just for the aromatherapy section and their counseling
section was when i couldn't get more time off work.so i had to go to a
new group or people who where intending on doing the whole load of
counseling courses to become proper councilors and not just do the first
level i had to do. hence me not really wanting to do it with strangers.
but i had to and went for the whole term. We had to role play and take
turns into being the client to counselor. we was given things to pretend
what was wrong. like gambling, fear of something, abuse, stuff like
that. the first few times when i was client i behaved, i did what i was
supposed. i found it extremely boring and the group i was with extremely
dull. i had no connection to them at all. maybe i didnt want to.
i found it hard to stay awake and omg it was dull. so me being me, next
times i was client i played up. i had to pretend i was scared of
something. easy peasy i thought. so i was scared of aliens. the poor
girl just had no idea what to do with me, she asked the leading
questions we was taught and i just let rip, i wasn't pretending, i was
being truthful. i scared this poor girl/woman. this course was being
assessed each time to pass, no written or practical at the end,
continuous assessment. well we get through the session. i go home
feeling great. something exciting had actualyl happened for once in this
class. next time i was client i had the role play of hearing things.
hahaha such fun i had with that one too. scared the other woman silly
too,hahaha. the tutor was walking round the class listening in and
ticking boxes so to say. next week i was councilor to one of these
unfortunate souls who had had the pleasure of me being me. her role play
was seeing things. fantastic. more fun for me. of course in the western
world being special like some of us here on osh seeing things our way
and their way is different, but i made it out to be our way and talked
this girl into believing she was seeing spirits. she was pretending of
course. but i did scare her. so after a few weeks of dull classes, they
was great fun. i did all the right things to get my pass. when it was
final assement i wasn't allowed to keep my councilor, the tutor stepped
in and took over.. i was annoyed at this. she had ticked all my
required boxes and had told us all we had passed and just to carry on
with the session as we was doing it for a real live actual fear we had.
we all played being client and councilor. my fear was the aliens again.
real. no pretending for me. i had a different girl form my previous
alien session. we had all passed remember. i got this girl close to
tears, the tutor took over. i wasn't being mean, i was being truthful in
my role play. not my fault the girl didn't know what to make of me. end
of lesson came , tutor hands out out pieces of paper to hand in to get
our certificate. she gets me on my own and says "if i had known you was
mad i would have refused you to come in my class, i will be putting a
notice on your file to not allow you to take this course to the next
level, if it was up to me you would have failed but i don't mark your
work" and she stormed off. i stood there in shock. the class all go to
the cafe for a coffee and they tell me they all dreaded me being their
client as i was so hard work to help,but realized that in real life they
would indeed get crazy people like me and voted to keep me in the
class. shock again. they was nice enough girls. i didn't stay for a
coffee. a few years later i was in a shop and one of these girls saw me
,came up to me smiling as she recognized me , then remembered who i was
and stopped smiling looked scared and said a quick hi and ran off!!!i
have never had so much fun in a class before. fantastic. so there you
are me not going by the rules.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 21:21

Hello

OMG that is priceless. Too in all honestly those could well be real fear's that one's have.

For me in the day to day life I never know what one's might come to aske me and I have to honestly take them all seriously at first just in case there is no a game at hand. HOW all councellors should look at things. I find too many miss that part. I think on some subconscious levels ye might well have taught some of them something but I dont know that they would admit to it.

I remember being called for Jury Duty and I so so so did not want to do it as I would KNOW if the person did it or not I would be able to go to that place and SEE what happened. This was a murder case. I went to the Dr and she said "sorry Lynn being a Medium is not a medically accepted excuse I can give to you to be dismissed " so I had to go the interview.

I went and the first thing I said was " I am Lynn and I see and talk to dead people" thinking OK that will end this sesson and home I can go. HMMMM no. They looked at me thinking I was being FUNNY and said how serious and respectful the jury selection was. Went into the volenteer work I had done and WHY I would make a good one to be on the jury. HMMMM. So I went on to say again honestly I talk to the dead and I can talk to the victim. I will KNOW the full details before I hear them and I will KNOW if he did it before we even go to vote. Again I got told that it was my duty to serve ext ect.

I so knew that I was WRONG on all levels to sit on a jury so I took the bold move of saying to one on the comittee " your Dad is here with me, he says to give you this message.....and I passed it on. OMG could have heard a pin drop. The next thing I know I was being over run with quesitons on whom was there for the other one's there, messages, whom I saw and heard.

I was then asked if I could be impartial and only LISTEN to the evidence and decide ONLY on those aspects. As that is the JOB of a jury member.....in all honesty I said I don't know. I was dismissed and the file says I will NOT be called on again.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 21:29

was you glad you got dismissed from jury duty? id hate to do that, so far ive been lucky.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT EmptySat 17 Sep 2011 - 21:38

twinks wrote:
was you glad you got dismissed from jury duty? id hate to do that, so far ive been lucky.

Hello

Was I dam rights yes.....I was honesty scared to death at the idea of knowing what happened and if that did not line up with the case information presented how would I handle that ? If the one that was murdered did find a path to make contact with me and show me what happened how would I block that from what was presented. What if we went to the room to pass the verdict and all the evidence said "Guilty" and I knew full well the one on trial was innocent but I could not prove it in any way how would I deal with that. Could I live with that. I know that we have to LOOK only at the evidence presented but when one can see more than just that I feel one should not take a place on a jury.

There will come a time when the courts accept what Mediums see, but that day is a ways off. The autorities are just now starting in a small way to ebrace calling in a Medium on "Cold Cases" for some assistance. WE though can not take the stand in witness to what we know. (YET).

More I feel its the emotional tole it might well have taken on. In the end the eveidce showed GUILT and the right person got put in jail....but I would always wonder on the "what if ".

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EFT Empty
PostSubject: Re: EFT   EFT Empty

Back to top Go down

EFT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Healing Modalities-
Jump to: