Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Native American Teachings

Go down 
+9
libranaster
Holupinio
pluralone
Wolf
kimcreative
aneaglesangel
Amberain
Nas
Helen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

Your Country : United States

Native American Teachings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Native American Teachings   Native American Teachings - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 23:16

My native American ancestry comes to me  during sleep time or during meditation  times in visions.

I also have them   when having  a body problem  tell me of  natural herbs to take for it .
Never been wrong yet.

My great great great great forget how many great grandfathers was chief of the  algonquins..he visits me  on occasions during these times 

I found that once you let the universe know your  receptive to  seeing   things and visitations you  find it happens more and more the more you learn to go within
Back to top Go down
monkeyofstick
Seeker
Seeker
monkeyofstick

PostSubject: Re: Native American Teachings   Native American Teachings - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 17:25

My brother still lives on the Chitimacha reservation.
He,like myself cannot stand allot of the "New Age" Indian phenomenon that goes on with 
lot's of the book's trying to group the beliefs like all tribes were a homogeneous collection
and were all the same...
Basically every tribe was like it's own country,with it's own set of principles,own God,it's own understanding of the universe.
Back to top Go down
monkeyofstick
Seeker
Seeker
monkeyofstick

PostSubject: Re: Native American Teachings   Native American Teachings - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 2:17

And I also mean no harm to anyone that was sold all of the "New Age" ideas of of a land that did not exist
Some of this sounds groovy,but it only exists in bookstores.At least in all of the places that I lived,
maybe out in the Southwest,but  the biggest collection was what they called the Mississippi Nation

I would not know what they did in the UK,and if I got misinformed by books I would take that as the way it was.
 In the US,the biggest collection of tribes were called
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:South_Appalachian_Mississippian_culture
When the Louisiana purchase happened,almost half of the US was considered part of it.
Native American Teachings - Page 2 LouisianaPurchase  It split many tribes in half.All of the above that was green was Louisiana.
The Louisiana territory included land from fifteen present U.S. states and two Canadian provinces. The territory contained land that forms ArkansasMissouriIowaOklahoma,Kansas, and Nebraska; the portion of Minnesota west of the Mississippi River; a large portion of North Dakota; a large portion of South Dakota; the northeastern section of New Mexico; the northern portion of Texas; the area of MontanaWyoming, and Colorado east of the Continental DivideLouisiana west of the Mississippi River (plus New Orleans); and small portions of land within the present Canadian provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan.
France controlled the Louisiana territory from 1699 until it was ceded to Spain in 1762. In the hope of re-establishing an empire in North AmericaFrance regained control of the Louisiana territory in 1800 under the rule of Napoleon BonaparteA slave revolt in Haiti and an impending war with Great Britain led French officials to sell the Louisiana territory to the United States, who originally sought to purchase only the city of New Orleans and its adjacent lands.
So basically all of the tribes that still owned there own land,before it was stolen..
Well,in the long run,most of that stuff that you see in the bookstores,the "New Age" stuff I think is
an ongoing insult to anyone that grew up poor and uneducated,on food stamps,and unemployed,
should get the money that those folks made by selling there souls so cheaply.
lol
But like I say,if I was from somewhere  else I would be buying all of that and believing it.
Back to top Go down
Amberain
Elder
Elder
Amberain

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Native American Teachings   Native American Teachings - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 9:10

Thank you monkey ... very interesting ..  hearts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Native American Teachings   Native American Teachings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Native American Teachings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Belief Systems-
Jump to: