Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Why do people judge others?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ella Moor
Enlightened
Enlightened
Ella Moor

Your Country : United States

Why do people judge others? Empty
PostSubject: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010 - 6:21

Lately I have noticed that others have been judging others because they study witchcraft or are into spiritual topics......

Why do you think people judge others in such way?
Do you think its because they are afraid?
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010 - 10:59

Ella i am with you, nothing makes me more annoyed than seeing this it shows a real lack of respect and love.
firstly ignorance plays a part- lack of knowledge and insight. grouping types of people together under a single banner can also do this.
Witchcraft is something that scares people because of the secrecy that surrounds it and the fear of what it might do to them.

When like minded people group together sharing the same viewpoint everyone else soon starts to be wrong if they dont share the same viewpoint.

I hope nothing i have said made you think this as i have tried to write in a way not to offend anyone when i do.
I am trying to understand all this and maybe if i do for the people i know i might be able to correct some wrongs if they say judgmental things.
love chris

I

Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Enlightened
Enlightened
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010 - 16:59

chris wrote:

Witchcraft is something that scares people because of the secrecy that surrounds it and the fear of what it might do to them.

Yup I 100% agree with you on this one.People are always afraid of the unknown.... especially if it can be used against them.

Quote :
I hope nothing i have said made you think this as i have tried to write in a way not to offend anyone when i do.
I am trying to understand all this and maybe if i do for the people i know i might be able to correct some wrongs if they say judgmental things.
love chris

Nope...nothing has offended me...and I bet nothing has offended anyone else.

But there are some people who research about these topics and they still mock others about their beliefs..
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010 - 17:46

Ppl judge others this way out of fear. Even educated ppl look at you funny when you talk about ghosts, spirits & witchcraft. These are the first ppl to go see a pyschic to get a reading yet they do not believe in the afterlife, reincarnation, witchcraft ... Doesn't make much sense why ppl are so narrow minded. This is 2010 yet ppl are still not very open minded at all. Even w/shows like Paranormal Kids, Ghost Hunters ppl can & will watch these shows as entertainment yet not believe in ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Enlightened
Enlightened
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010 - 17:49

Yup people watch these shows and they go to get readings just for entertainment.But these days Ive also been noticing that more people are into these topics....more then they were before...which is a very good thing.
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010 - 21:43

Why do we Judge Self and Other’s - EGO be a Part ?

The “I” or self of any person; a person thinking, feeling, and willing , and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought.

Psychoanalysis. The part of the psychic apparatus that experiences and reacts to the outside World and thus meditates between the primitive drives of the body and the brain in mere survival mode . The demands of the social and physical environment to fit in and be respected or even at times just noticed.
Lead on often by :

Egotism; conceit; self- importance . The need to be inflated in self importance and being held in higher esteem over others. To be self centered or self important.

Self - esteem; or self image, feelings. This is the mere appreciations of one’s self worth. If not controlled the EGO then one has that place of inner peace and acceptance of whom one is.

There are two main meanings the term judgment one determines a persons moral level the other finding one guilty by a jury of one’s peers. Is that truly not the level that all judgments lie in ?
If we do not see someone on what is our moral plane we judge. Too we judge in other’s actions on the level we would on a jury.

When we speak before we think or speak with EGO this is often where and when judgments come in.

Khalil Gibran

“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”

In that quotes rings the message that often the possession given is that of judgment on another that does not come from “yourself”. If the thought or action is to come form “yourself” then it is done with the pure heart intentions its felt from the inside out.

I came in with what many find wondrous abilities in the psychic realms of things…..but truly I am no more nor less than the person next to me I have simply become to learn in understanding of whom I am. In that path of learning I too have learned that one can “think” before one “speaks” on can take a “breath” before one “acts” too one can always go back and change in what one has done wrong in feelings or actions. It is when one can LOOK at what maybe one said and have the courage and self respects to go back and say “I was wrong” we rise about the judgments.

I am told that I am very easy to talk to that one’s find themselves just telling me of very personal things at times and I never give the OMG what am I hearing to them. In a sense that part of ME steps out. YES I might well think the OMG or have to bite on one’s tongue to stop the words from flowing freely…..but I have simply learned to have that split second to stop the brain from taking over and letting the GUT speak. NOT saying I am without at times the slips on the wet rocks I am. NO one is ever perfect as there is no perfections.

The main drive to be judging seems to be EGO driven that part of man that seems to non stop see that we are NOT all ONE that we are still that “individual” that be only in the physical body we be housed in. The rest of us is all energy and really is all one. STOP the brain from doing the talking or taking the actions and we can start to learn to be less judgmental.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Violetstar
Master
Master
Violetstar

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010 - 21:25

I think it's something in human nature which makes us judge others, we think it is wrong, but I feel most of us have been guilty of it at sometime, from tutting at a young harrassed mother with a yelling kid in the supermarket, thinking how 'we wouldn't let one of ours ever behave like that' (yes imo that is judgement.) To the things discussed above.

I think often we measure people by our own standards anyone below our own gets judged accordingly, anyone above that standard and we may be plagued by feelings of insecurity, which then causes us to judge ourselves.

It's not pleasant, but neither is jealousy or hatred but they ARE all very human imo...sorry for the waffle lol
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010 - 22:29

Hello Violetstar

Never be 'sorry" for a waffle as that is a form of judement on self.....

We are all here for the same purpose in life to get along and learn and grow on our Spiritual Paths more fun if that journey is not done alone.....

Lynn
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptySat 14 Aug 2010 - 1:11

[/quote] there are some people who research about these topics and they still mock others about their beliefs..[/quote]

Yeah they research with a closed mind. its called being self-righteous, no-one likes those.

Back to top Go down
Ella Moor
Enlightened
Enlightened
Ella Moor

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? EmptySat 14 Aug 2010 - 4:30

Quote :
Yeah they research with a closed mind. its called being self-righteous, no-one likes those.
True ..they research and they still have the audacity to judge others *rolls eyes*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people judge others?   Why do people judge others? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do people judge others?
Page 1 of 1