Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

The Last Supper

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  EmptySun 8 Aug 2010 - 2:42

This is how Paul described the Last Supper :

http://library.thinkquest.org/21960/image/leonard_12.jpg

“For I received from the Lord what I also passed onto you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said ‘ This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.’ In the same way, after supper he too the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood; whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me .’ For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. “

Corinthians 11:23-26

Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010 - 23:34

Any comments on this? Anyone agree or disagree???
Personally, I do not know????
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

Your Country : New Zealand

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010 - 11:08

L'angel have you not come across this before? what would you like to know?
Back to top Go down
Bobbieboy
Seeker
Seeker
Bobbieboy

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010 - 4:15

Yea to me the drinking of the wine and eating of the bread symbolizes our true Being which can also be called the Christ Consciousness, in the eating and drinking we become ONE with the Christ. Just as when we eat anything it becomes part of our body, every cell in our body is made up from the food we eat and the fluids we drink.
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

Your Country : United States

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010 - 17:09

To me the bread is your body and the wine is the knowledge or mind.

the cup to me is the passing and sharing energies between all. It is what binds us together and makes us one. The reminder we are all one.The covenenant to me is the agreement between two parties to uphold a bargain so it would be in this instance to share all he taught them. Like knowledge not shared is useless.

I beleive he washed feet right before this and it is significant to a symbol of humility ..his doing this affirmed he felt and was telling them he was the same as them.

the water or wine is symbolic also of the knowledge...his passing this to them meant he gave them understanding of the knowledge.

to me it is the search and sharing of knowledge of the truths that there is more then just what most see in front of them..That we are all teh same ..we are the same as a rock or a flower...we are all ONE

His coming to me means your finding your Godself and in doing this you raise your energies to kundalini stages and can manipulate them.. you then become the same as he was... He then has come for you.

Just my thoughts and beleifs..nothing more...possibly totally wrong and i would be first to admit it ...Always in the never ending search for truths
Back to top Go down
Bobbieboy
Seeker
Seeker
Bobbieboy

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010 - 2:19

Beautifully said laura ann its wonderful when we see the scriptures in this beautiful Spiritual light, it just all makes since. :L&L:
Back to top Go down
chris
Enlightened
Enlightened
chris

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010 - 6:15

I think its a good thing. It unifies a group of believers and is a reminder of the cost of love.

The ultimate sacrifice of love is laying down your life for another's benefit. I guess in the last super story, Jesus chose to die in our place, so we could be set free from the sin that separates us from God. The idea is he takes the punishment for our wrongdoings and because of his love we end up together for eternity now and later on Smile

That was the purpose in this act of remembrance as far as i know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Supper  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Supper    The Last Supper  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Supper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Belief Systems-
Jump to: