Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Thoughts on Agnostic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

Thoughts on Agnostic  Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Agnostic    Thoughts on Agnostic  EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 0:08

What does it mean to be Agnostic ?

Is this a true religion ? I would have to say honestly since it is a path I started down at the age of 13 when I first started to rebel from the family Anglican Church that it is . it’s a faith based on the existence and or knowledge of any God. The term “Agnostic” means no knowledge.

What I recall from me path there that went on for many year’s is that I had is that there was NO such thing as God and for that God did not have knowledge based in being known at all. Simply did not exist at all in any form or teachings.
I have over the year’s met one’s that feel God is known but they do not walk that path of God. That would be me. I though so do not go to be called Agnostic now I do not feel that the tern “NO Knowledge” would fit to me. I do not walk with God but I do not say he not be real I can prove or disprove in his existence is all.
We could say that anytime one that is of God falls from their faith in times of crisis ext that they have become Agnostic and that I do not feel would be the case one has simply lost one’s footing on the path of life for a time is all.
I quote here from The Profit by Kahlil Gibran
“ And an old Priest said, ‘Speak to us of Religion.’
And he said :
Have I spoken this day of aught else ? Is not religion all des and all reflection, and that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom?
Who can separate his faith from his actions, or belief from his occupations?
Who can spread his hours before him, saying ‘ This for God and this for myself; this for my soul, and this other for my body?’
All your hours are wings that eat through space from self to self. He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked. The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin. And he who defines his conductor by ethics imprisons his song-bird in a cage.
The feast of song comes not through the bars and wires. And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn.
Your daily life is your temple and your religion. Whenever you enter into it take with you your all. Take the plough and the forge and the mallet and the lute, the things you have fashioned in necessity of for delight. For in revery you cannot rise above your achievements nor fall lower than your failures.
And take with you all men:
For in adoration you can not fly higher than their hopes nor humble yourself lower than their despair. And if you would know God be not therefore a solver of riddles. Rather than look about you and you shall see Him playing with your children. And look into space, you shall see Him walking in the cloud , outstretching His arms in the lightning and descending in rain. You shall see him smiling in flowers, then rising and waving his hands in trees.”

Now even if on does not hold God in one’s heart one can take from the words here the feeling of peace in knowing we can all stumble at times on that path of life and loose in us our faiths and beliefs for a time but I so feel we are all connected to each other as Man and to the Universe and beyond by the LIGHT that is around each and everyone of us. To some we are all God’s children to me we are all children of the LIGHT.

We are not Religious or Agnostic maybe we just are US.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Agnostic    Thoughts on Agnostic  EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 1:32

Thank you for sharing Lynn

I will read again before I comment ( it is late here )
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Agnostic    Thoughts on Agnostic  EmptyThu 1 Jul 2010 - 5:05

This made me think of several of my own feelings. I was reading something from a friend a few days ago- She sent this to me and said ~~~how simple is that???? The explanation of the word Namaste in Wikipedia!!!

"I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me." -- attributed to but not claimed by author Deepak Chopra[4]

"I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One."[5][6]

"I salute the God within you."

"Your spirit and my spirit are ONE." -- attributed to Lilias Folan's shared teachings from her journeys to India.[citation needed]

"That which is of God in me greets that which is of God in you."[7]

"The Divinity within me perceives and adores the Divinity within you."[8]

"All that is best and highest in me greets/salutes all that is best and highest in you."

"I greet the God within."

"The light in me sees the light in you" -- attributed to Bridget Laureira's experience with Yoga practice in New York City
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Agnostic    Thoughts on Agnostic  Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Agnostic
Page 1 of 1