Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cauldron
Master
Master
Cauldron

Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. Empty
PostSubject: Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.   Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. EmptyThu 4 Feb 2010 - 1:54

To be really honest, I am clicking on to and then straight off a lot of threads on here at the moment, because often I don't understand what is being said and often I am finding them way to long.
I am just going to make a few suggestions about how we can all make our posts more user friendly, I am doing this because I know we all have a lot to offer and it would be a shame for knowledge and experince not to be read.

PLEASE NOTE! this is just a few suggestions from me as a member of the site, I am not laying down rules as a member of staff. So please feel free to ignore them or disagree as you like.

When posting a thread where you are sharing knowledge

First off we should all remember that peoples knowledge levels on here differ, so a good hint here is to really read through our posts when we have written them and before we post them, if our thread is aimed at imparting information about something.
Yes of course we can all ask questions when we don't understand something but if a lot of a post is out side of a persons knowledge level then it becomes daunting.

Don't write posts that are more then a few paragraths long. 2 or 3 bullet points to start off with are enough to grab someones interest. A lot of people will see a longer post as just too much. You can always add more later when you know people are interested.

When replying to a subject

What are you being asked for, your opinon? for help? or for knowledge?

Don't inpart pages of knowledge to someone who is asking your opinon, it does little to open up an interesting conversation and just shows that you are capable of remembering information.
If you are asked for your knowldge then its probably going to be a longer post, but remember just because someone is interested in a topic, doesn't mean that they still will be by page 5 of your post!
If you are being asked for help (I don't mean emotional support) then try and keep it short and to the point, people often need quick advice.

(Please forgive the irony of the lengh of this post!)

Last edited by Helen on Thu 11 Feb 2010 - 23:42; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change to announcement)
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.   Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. EmptyThu 4 Feb 2010 - 2:13

Thank you Cauldron,

I understand what you are saying and I agree, some of the information coming in is really valuable, but when so long can be daunting to read all the way through, especially if you have limited or no knowledge of the subject.

Newer members may find that it is too much like hard work to read all of the threads coming in and may even stay away for fear of feeling silly....

Thanks again cauldron Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. 7110

Last edited by Helen on Thu 4 Feb 2010 - 2:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master
Cauldron

PostSubject: Re: Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.   Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. EmptyThu 4 Feb 2010 - 2:14

Helen wrote:
Thank you Cauldron,

I understand what you are saying and I agree, some of the information coming in is really valuable, but when so long can be daunting to read all the way through, especially if you have limited or no knowledge of the subject.

Newer members may find that it is too much like hard work to read all of the threads coming in and may even stay away for fear of feeling silly....

Thanks again cauldron Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. 7110
exactly i think that's a real worry and I know no one here would want to have that effect on new members
Back to top Go down
zach
Enlightened
Enlightened
zach

Your Country : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.   Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. EmptyThu 4 Feb 2010 - 2:29

Read, Understood and Acknowledged Cauldron and Helen
Back to top Go down
mia
Lightworker
Lightworker
mia

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.   Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. EmptyThu 4 Feb 2010 - 6:59

Cauldron Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. 90843
You are so understanding and thoughtful Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. 783323
Back to top Go down
balen13
Lightworker
Lightworker
balen13

Your Country : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.   Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. EmptyMon 1 Mar 2010 - 0:39

How are you finding the posts now Cauldron?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.   Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok so I have a few ideas about communication on here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Welcome :: Comments & Announcements-
Jump to: