Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

the first step is the most important

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
david
Spiritual
Spiritual
david

Your Country : United Kingdom

the first step is the most important Empty
PostSubject: the first step is the most important   the first step is the most important EmptyWed 6 Jul 2011 - 22:25

Im sure for all those who would learn to walk a spiritual path have many questions and that is very good...

because that in itself is a STEP in the right direction,

you then start to QUESTION these things and more, that is the key to all spiritual walks, it is the very start of all paths to knowing thyself.

lol..... ever got caught by a child who asks.... why?

im doing it this way
why?
because its more efficent this way
why?
i want it done right
why?
well right is good
why?
why daddy is it good?

how far does the question of why take you before you realise a huge fundamental truth in life
one that that child is giving you on a platter without even realising it?

you can ask all the questions in the world and yet an answer will not satisfy your need to know yet at some point you will stop asking these questions and no longer seek the answers

Questioning opens the mind to self-enquiry, its very adictive once its caught and rarely lets go so once on a path of understanding theres no turning back even if you are completly determined to never do it again,, the seed has been sown.

so i may ask a few questions and you may have your own questions too, so while i may ask what a spiritual path is its not nesesarily the answer that i get that will sufice it is the very fact im asking the question in the first place

so where do you start?

by questioning everything,

once there is suficent enquirey within then there is an urgent need to explore the very depths of your own inner workings,
you WANT to know, then you can sit down and meditate or introspect on the things that go on within the mind and heart

the second stage or step is controling the ego and the thoughts that are,,,,, at this stage scattered all over the place, they need taming and that takes time and effort something that is easy peasy to do,,, just a tad hard to keep up hence that strong urge to WANT to know from an enquiring mind

the third step is to remain in a state of contentment and peace dispite the things that go on around you,

'thou shalt not be moved.... nor shalt thou be tempted, for in thy time shalt thy see all and all shalt see thee and follow thee by example'
hmmmmmmmm

for some reason that last sentance just spurted from my mind like someone was just telling me to do this,,,,,,,, that my friends is really cool, is this my first message from the otherside?

i question it because......lol
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: the first step is the most important   the first step is the most important EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011 - 15:54

David, how interesting that you see learning about spirituality from this perspective. I would say this has summed up how I have gotten to the point that I am now. There were things in my childhood that I heard from others that brought the question "why" flying out of my mouth and it hasn't stopped. I thinking questioning anything someone is trying to get a other to " buy into" is imperative for growth. Accepting what others say as fact or truth must be explored before deciding weather it's really fact or truth.
Cant wait to hear more.
Back to top Go down
david
Spiritual
Spiritual
david

PostSubject: Re: the first step is the most important   the first step is the most important EmptySun 31 Jul 2011 - 23:10

hi, sorry for the delay.

the questioning itself is no more important than the answer, we are in a state of acting out the role of an enquirer, another be-ing-ness within the mind

what do we enquire of life when we question it? its nothing more but the truth, this truth we so diligently seek is of a spiritual nature, what then is the nature of a spirit?

is it something we can see? touch? smell? or perhaps something we can think and get to know about? is our human inteligence capable of picking up the spirit of man or are we to simply blindly believe that there is more to life? can we isolate it, stick it in a box and lablel it as such.....

i think not

such is the nature of spirit that we will have to feel with our intuition, speak with our hearts, see with our third eye, hear with a clear mind,

each of these is atributes is a tool for learning to unlearn the mind to look outside the box of the mind and see yourself as something more than just a body

this is the second stage of our journey one that is jointly active with the first stage

the lesson here is to focus more on the what the enquirer is and where it resides within,
Back to top Go down
david
Spiritual
Spiritual
david

PostSubject: Re: the first step is the most important   the first step is the most important EmptySun 31 Jul 2011 - 23:13

i will expand upon what the enquirer is soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the first step is the most important   the first step is the most important Empty

Back to top Go down

the first step is the most important
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Spiritual Seekers-
Jump to: