Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

In need of healing - please help.

Go down 
+4
Nas
Helen
pluralone
Sparrow
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

Your Country : United States

In need of healing - please help. Empty
PostSubject: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011 - 16:27

My right leg hurts terribly, it could be RLS - Restless Leg Sydrome since it mainly hurts when I lie down, Its very painful especially when I try to sleep. I've had RLS before and lasted a few weeks this has lasted a bit longer. It is eased with things like Advil and walking - which makes me believe it is my RLS that returned. I have also been taking Magneseum which I was told could help. So far it hasn't but I have only been taking it for a few days now.

If anyone could send me any Reiki, healing energy or prayers I would greatly appreciate it. The pain right now is overwhelming. I got to get up and "walk" it out.

Thanks ((((((Hugs))))))
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011 - 19:26

Actually, walking is the best thing you can do for RL. Good that you're able to do that! Also, potassium is very important for this kind of muscle issue. A cup of raisins, eaten throughout the day, can provide a sufficient amount of potassium for this. Potassium supplements are usually unnecessary, but if you go that route, know that there are several types of potassium available. The type that's most easily metabolized is potassium glucotinate.

Me, I just eat raisins when my potassium is low (I know it's low when my toes start cramping -- if I don't get some potassium at that point, the cramps will move to my legs). Some folks say eat a banana or an avocado, but raisins have more potassium per serving than just about anything else.

Will send you some healing energy, but strongly recommend more walking too!
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011 - 19:51

(((((plur))))) thank you so much for the healing and advice. Yes walking helps a lot and today has been a bad day for the pain, worse than usual. I will definately try raisins - odd that you mention raisins I had an odd craving of all things, last night, for Raisin Bran !! my guides must have put it in my head ! Lol Love raisins too. Will definately get some.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011 - 23:09

will of course send you healing hun, let us know how you get on with the raisins, isnt plur just amazing!! xxx
Back to top Go down
Nas
Spiritual
Spiritual
Nas

Your Country : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011 - 23:15

banana s contain a lot of potassium...........
Back to top Go down
pinejoss
Spiritual
Spiritual
pinejoss

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011 - 23:38

pluralone wrote:
but raisins have more potassium per serving than just about anything else.

I had no idea about the raisins glad to find this out. I like raisins alot more than I do bananas. Really dont care for the taste of bananas dont know why just dont.
Thanks for the tip pluralone
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011 - 2:14

Wow, Helen! Reading what you wrote felt just like a big hug! Thanks!

Yeah, I was pretty surprised about the raisins myself -- I'd always heard, 'eat a banana -- you need the potassium' ... but somewhere along the line I started double checking on stuff like that because I realized that just having heard a thing all my life didn't necessarily mean it was the best info on the subject.

Have gotten several surprises while double checking 'conventional wisdom'. For instance, turns out soy is not a good thing to use for control of perimenopausal symptoms (to boost estrogen). Go figure, huh? Look at all the soy products that advertisers say are supposed to help with that! It was a real shocker for me... and, based on the info I found, I no longer consume soy except in very, very small amounts (gotta have my occasional tamari sauce!).

Keep us posted on how your leg is doing, please, Elfay!
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011 - 4:08

Thanks Helen for the healing.

I haven't tried the raisins as of yet but I will let you know how I am getting on.
Its been a very bad day when it comes to the pain, it got so unbearable all I could do was stand up or walk around and then sit for a while. It was awful! The good thing, yes there is a good thing about my RLS, is that it doesn't last very long. It was about 5 years since I had it last and the first time I had it was 5 years before that.
I've had problems with my legs for years. When I use to walk a lot I'd get terrible shin splints - I'd wake up with both legs like the were on fire! I had a lot of cramping when I was pregnant too, I'd wake With the same awful pain. My OB/GYN told me to take extra calcium, which helped a lot.

RLS is similar to the pain I had before only this won't go away during the day. No healer cry
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011 - 13:24

Do you stretch?
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011 - 14:44

Yes. Or I use to. I don't walk like I use to. Where I live there aren't too many sidewalks which is a shame. It was walking the side of the roads that killed my legs/feet walking the dog. The ground is uneven, at times rocky, messed up my feet and legs miserably when we got the dog ................
Back to top Go down
twinks
Enlightened
Enlightened
twinks

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011 - 20:23

could be you SI joint out of allignment?
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011 - 14:53

Elfay, you don't have sidewalks? where do you live? When I think of a place without side walks I think of the country. Oh how I long to be back in the country.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011 - 15:02

We aren't in the country just the suburbs of Atlanta - people in GA don't walk. Lol they do but most are lazy !! We do have sidewalks but ya gotta walk pretty far to get to it.

When we lived in the country it was just as bad.
Back to top Go down
indigogirl
Apprentice
Apprentice
indigogirl

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011 - 15:24

I have a friend that just moved from Atlanta. Maybe to be closer to sidewalks. lol
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011 - 15:31

Lol Indigogirl ! I came from NYC and I walked every where ALL the time and when I moved here I found drive - thru Package stores, drive-thru cleaners .... you name it there is a drive - thru here !! In the mall they fight for the closest parking space so they DON'T have to walk !! Lazy !!
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011 - 23:08

hearts Okay I did a Google on postassium rich foods so I've added more into my diet and its helping A LOT !!! I also read how potatoes have more potassium than bananas do - any typeh of potato, which is good to hear. Even though fries have around the same as a baked potato and prolly tastier I love you multi hug lol but definately not good for ya !! so I will stick to the baked or mashed. Lol

Thanks plur for the awesome information. (((((hugs)))))

The pain is still here but sort of tolerable today. Yay !! Had a very difficult time sleeping last night and lack of sleep plays a big part in RLS.
Back to top Go down
Planet J
Spiritual
Spiritual
Planet J

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011 - 23:39

I hope you feel better..drink a banana smoothie with your mashed potatoes..lol Wink
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011 - 6:53

I know I haven't been on much the pain in my leg has been tremendous I'd rather hit my head on a brick wall than deal with this awful pain !! doh

I tried hot bathtime it worked temporary, I've been taking magnesium, potassium along with my regular vitamins. The potassium has helped some - btw I am taking the Potassium via of food not supplements - they are very hard to find. I have been taking Advil - as a last resort which helps some.

I have tried an assortment of treatments I read about i.e. soap in the bed didn't work. Mineral Ice - worked great but temporary and now I read how Peanut butter works. Hey it did wonders with my toothache - I wanted to die my toothache was so bad mummy then I read how peanut butter helps and viola !! it worked the pain was 100% gone in mins !! I kidja not. So I tried the peanut butter - it worked about 80% more or less but I will take 80% over the tremendous pain I had been in.

So if y'all don't see much of me its cos the pain is too great. And I can't Bed time sleep at night and am miserable all day!!
Back to top Go down
Nas
Spiritual
Spiritual
Nas

Your Country : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011 - 20:35

Ask some stronger painkiller..................Dipoflenac.............
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011 - 23:27

I am doing SOOOOO much better !! the pain is still here but tolerable. I think part of it was the sandals I was wearing they were terrible walking shoes, no support what so ever and I believe they messed my leg up and brought on my RLS. Last year I wore flip flops all summer and my feet ached !! and now I am wearing these sandals - or was I stopped a few days ago and am feeling a lot better. stretch hug
Back to top Go down
pluralone
Mage
Mage
pluralone

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. EmptyFri 1 Jul 2011 - 1:26

Yay!!! In need of healing - please help. 866402
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of healing - please help.   In need of healing - please help. Empty

Back to top Go down

In need of healing - please help.
Page 1 of 1