Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Knowleges What is it ?

Go down 
+2
david
Lynn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

Knowleges What is it ?  Empty
PostSubject: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  EmptySun 8 Aug 2010 - 1:57

To Quote from one of me favorite books “The Prophet” Kahlil Gibran

This is what he wrote on the subject of knowledge…..

“And a man said, Speak to us of Self-Knowledge. And he answered saying : Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But, your ears thirst for the sound of your heart’s knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.

And it is well you should. The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea; would be revealed to your eyes. But let there be no scales to weigh you unknown treasure; and seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line. For self is a sea boundless and measureless.

Say not, “I have found the truth ,” but rather “I have found a truth.” Say not , “I have found the path of the soul.” Say rather “I have met the soul walking upon my path.” For the soul walks upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed. The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless pedals.”

This is from a book I have had since I was 13.

What is Knowlege what does it mean to ye ?

Lynn
Back to top Go down
david
Spiritual
Spiritual
david

Your Country : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010 - 19:09

As i walk along the river there is plastic bottles floating on the surface, engine parts in the water, old rusted shopping trollys gathering the weeds and branches as they float down river.

matresses thrown without care onto the bank, such disreguard for the surroundings saddens me as i think of the disruption and polution this is doing to the water

yet...... and yet.

the river still flows effortless not a murmer as the water slowly flows by, not a whimper as it slowy decays these things

amonst all the carnage is one.... very beautifull flower, it stands out quite clearly at home within itself, as i admire its beauty i reflect upon the depths of this soul to see the one place i know to be true, never has it moved or been lost amonst the polution of my own mind

the trash within is pailed in comparison to the flower i see within my heart,
it blows me away completly as i listen to the flower speak this knowing touching and healing within my heart

that flower inspired me.........

even though there is so much to distract us in a phisical emotional, spiritual way. there is always something to inspire us to look for this knowledge within us

KNOW it to be there waiting for you to discover that you are already a boundless knowing

love and light to you all

david
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

Your Country : United States

PostSubject: Re: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010 - 19:19

Lynn,
One of my favs also!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn
Mage
Mage
Lynn

Your Country : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010 - 19:20

L'angel wrote:
Lynn,
One of my favs also!!

Please then share some from the book.....see where the joueny takes us.

Lynn
Back to top Go down
L'angel
Mage
Mage
L'angel

PostSubject: Re: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010 - 19:21

Ok, I will share here later!!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
jasdir
Seeker
Seeker

Your Country : India

PostSubject: Re: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 8:10

Lynn wrote:
To Quote from one of me favorite books “The Prophet” Kahlil Gibran

This is what he wrote on the subject of knowledge…..

“And a man said, Speak to us of Self-Knowledge. And he answered saying : Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But, your ears thirst for the sound of your heart’s knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.

And it is well you should. The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea; would be revealed to your eyes. But let there be no scales to weigh you unknown treasure; and seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line. For self is a sea boundless and measureless.

Say not, “I have found the truth ,” but rather “I have found a truth.” Say not , “I have found the path of the soul.” Say rather “I have met the soul walking upon my path.” For the soul walks upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed. The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless pedals.”

This is from a book I have had since I was 13.

What is Knowlege what does it mean to ye ?

Lynn

Saying of hazarat farid:
The real knowledge is within the "Soul" ,
The real need for the true knowledge is "Concentration" and we are "Explored outwards.
Back to top Go down
laura ann
Lightworker
Lightworker
laura ann

PostSubject: Re: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  EmptyThu 14 Oct 2010 - 15:39

To me knowledge gained that is not shared is useless.

to hoard knowledge within will fester the soul

it must be sent out to others

( I actually beleive the first line and was all I was goign to type then thesecond two came from someplace besides me so must need to be said)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knowleges What is it ?    Knowleges What is it ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Knowleges What is it ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Spiritual Home :: Spiritual Forums :: Spiritual Seekers-
Jump to: