Our Spiritual Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeOSH PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Chat Room

Rose Red

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened
Luna

Your Country : United Kingdom

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 1:42

Has anyone seen the series or dvd of Rose red by Stephen King?
Did you know that although the events in the film are fiction, the house is based on a real house!! The house is the Winchester house in San Hose, build by Sarah Winchester daughter in-law to Oliver Fisher Winchester who invented the Winchester rifle, After the death of her Daughter and husband she believed she was cursed by those killed by the rifle.
After constulting a medium she was instructed to move to San Hose and build a house to appease the spirits, as long as she kept building she would not meet an untimely death like that of her husband and daughter.

When she died in her sleep in 1922 the house had 160 rooms, 2,000 doors, 10,000 windows,
47 stairways, 47 fireplaces, 13 bathrooms, and 6 kitchens. all spread over 7 storeys and covering a massive 6 acres Rose Red Icon_eek
to confuse the spirits she had builders build stairs that went nowhere, doors that opened to brick walls and cupboards that opened into rooms, she also never slept in the same bedroom 2 nights in a row! (wish i had that many)

anyway if you want to know about this house check out the link.

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/index.cfm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 1:46

I am fascinated by the Winchester Mansion house, and for more reasons than its the name of 'my boys' in Supernatural......

I dont believe I have seen Rose Red though, have tried a few times but kept missing it - will have to look out for it again now, as I didnt realise it was based around that house!! thanks

It shows to some extent what the rich are capable of, and what guilt can do to a person!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened
Luna

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 1:50

hahaha another Jenson fan I think he is lushious, I wonder if thats how they got the name for them
Back to top Go down
Helen
Elder
Elder
Helen

Your Country : Wales

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010 - 1:52

yeah it is hun, thats what all the fuss about the colt is too, season 5 kicked off yesterday with a double bill - and I watched the last of season 4 before too!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Lightworker
Lightworker
Sparrow

Your Country : United States

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyFri 7 May 2010 - 4:54

I saw it a few years back pretty scary stuff !!

Thanks for sharing the information on the house -- quite fascinating.
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyFri 7 May 2010 - 15:02

Did you read the Diary of Ellen Rimbauer? That was pretty good. I've never seen Rose Red, but I am meaning to read the book. I find usually the book is better than the movie in most cases. The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer is supposed to be about the house Stephen King writes of in his story. I'm still not sure if the diary is true or a made up fiction. They make it pretty convincing that it's true, but I haven't made up my mind yet about that!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened
Luna

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptySat 8 May 2010 - 19:08

Not read the book but the movie is over 6 hours long :-/
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyMon 10 May 2010 - 16:14

Ouch! That's a long movie! I think it was a mini-series on TV when it originally came out?
Back to top Go down
Luna
Enlightened
Enlightened
Luna

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyThu 13 May 2010 - 15:27

Yeah it was and its also been on sky a few times, also available on dvd aswell now.
Back to top Go down
aneaglesangel
Master
Master

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyThu 13 May 2010 - 15:35

I'll have to see if I can find the book on amazon. I find the book is usually better than the movie, and I usually like to read the book first to compare to the movie. If I find the book and read it, I'll let ya know how it was!
Back to top Go down
Cauldron
Master
Master
Cauldron

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red EmptyThu 13 May 2010 - 15:56

i've seen rose red and the tv series that goes with it, i believe its the dairy Ellen.
i brought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stephen-King-Collection-DVD/dp/B000HWYG3I/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1273762478&sr=1-10

IT is good but the rest are so-so to down right rubbish. There's no argueing that King is an execellent author, but the films and his TV series sometimes take a lot to be desired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rose Red Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Red   Rose Red Empty

Back to top Go down

Rose Red
Page 1 of 1